The failure of Resident Evil. An epic rant....

Yeah and I also didnt say that they were deliberately made that way. I said that the limitations of the time made the controls that way.
But they worked for the game.
So really I am curious why so much hate. If the game sucked it wouldnt have had such a huge impact and so many fans.

Last edited:
Regardless of the controls, the game did a lot of things right. Thats why it was such a success and people anticipated so much the sequel. Since the cameras were fixed with prerendered backdrops, and the only way to convey visually the atmosphere and the detailed gritty environments, those controls were the obvious option available. Otherwise we would have went with 3D real time backrounds that the technology wasnt good enough for to communicate the visual information and art. And a 2D Resident Evil wouldnt have been at all as impactful either.

So, guys. It's now September 2021. Did I like RE8, aka Village? As a good ONE OFF game, it was a decent experience. But overall, I fail to see how this is even really a real RE game, when there's... what? A living puppet. Robots. Vampires. Werewolves. #NotMyChris. And there's a dull, playable, confused sounding guy you never see in full, despite his model with a face being seen through a camera mod. And uh... the merchant from RE4's old drinking buddy, who also happens to be an infected vendor as well. Just how is that a cocktail for success, Crapcom!? LMAO! :(

So, guys. It's now September 2021. Did I like RE8, aka Village? As a good ONE OFF game, it was a decent experience. But overall, I fail to see how this is even really a real RE game, when there's... what? A living puppet. Robots. Vampires. Werewolves. #NotMyChris. And there's a dull, playable, confused sounding guy you never see in full, despite his model with a face being seen through a camera mod. And uh... the merchant from RE4's old drinking buddy, who also happens to be an infected vendor as well. Just how is that a cocktail for success, Crapcom!? LMAO! :(

You're a man after my own heart, RE is the T/G-Virus, Zombies and Umbrella.....everything after RE on PSOne is not an RE game.

What's your opinion on the current state of the franchise? Do you prefer the older games, or RE4 and the ones after it? Is there any chance of an Outbreak remake, in your eyes?

I quite enjoy Revelations 2. It's actually enjoyable. But I reckon because it's a side story, few fans have played it, or care enough about the story.

I finished Revelations 1 a few months ago and had a good time with it. There was very little variety in gameplay or environment though. The only other RE games I’ve played are 5 and 6 both in coop which apparently aren’t true to the RE formula. I’m looking forward to playing the modern remakes of the earlier titles.

I'd love to know where the DLC has gotten to for RE8. Back in June, Capcom mentioned briefly that they were in the early stages of it. But really now. By the time they release it, the game will likely be nearly a year old.

It's amazing how many babies find that game scary. It's really not. I also had some idiot on Fandom saying I'm not a true fan of the franchise.

https://residentevil.fandom.com/f/p/4400000000003305887

That's why I think forums suck in 2021.

OK. The house with the dolls was scary, maybe. The rest of the game unfortunately, is a joke. But I think people should see this guy's video on it. :D

Back