Forspoken (Project Athia) [PS5, PC]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
yes though all the trees look tiny as well as the small rocks and no ground shadows from the person thus I assume this person is high up in the air, flying or jumped off a cliff?
It does look pretty good though, though mainly due to good quality assests and nothing special in the engine AFAIKS
Actually just watched the video (didnt see it before) and theres some gameplay at the end, It does look very good. Better than the screenshots give the impression of

Pretty sure it's just from the different time of day and various cloud/weather systems on Luminous. In FFXV even with a slight change in the the post effects, sky and time of day will have a drastic effect on the hue/colors of the whole game world & objects, some sky conditions giving more muted colors. In the debug build you can change the sky conditions at will.

ffxvskylightingqzjnw.png

In the previous dev footage for their new game they showed clear blue skies and everything was bright and green compared to the conditions in the new trailer.

forspoken12resizedelezkkfd.png

forspokendelete49k9i.png

forspoken233305kjt.png
FF15 is a previous gen game and doesnt look that far off from Forspoken in the images you posted :p

I wish we got this instead

Really are you guys impressed with this game's visuals?

It actually looks better than that tech demo in areas. I'm pretty sure it's also taking on the witch/magic concept from Agni.

image_forspoken-43184-4505_0006.jpg

agnivfksy.jpg

It doesnt look all that great when you compare it with Horizon Zero Dawn. Yes I am referring to the original on PS4 :LOL:

And yes it looks noticeably better than Horizon 1 to me, which in comparison had obvious lower poly/detail structures in the draw distance, and also had this weird lighting pop-in during the transition between day and night from the baked gi presets it was trying to blend between.

8IlIint.png

Last edited:
The world traversal for the game looks REALLY good and looks like it'll be fun just travelling around. Still don't know much about the rest of the game, however.

Looks perfect for a game with the "I'm not stuck inside of an MMO" anime trope, which would explain the superhuman traversal, but it appears they're going the transported to another world and now I have magic powers trope.

I was only minorly interested before, but I'm a little more interested now. Although it looks like it's open world, so that's a huge negative for me.

Regards,
SB

https://www.ungeek.ph/2021/12/squar...en-ps5-graphics-modes-and-dualsense-features/
  • Performance Mode – 1440p resolution at 60FPS
  • Graphics Mode – 4K resolution at 30FPS
  • Ray Tracing Mode – Features ray tracing
While Mitsuno didn’t specifically mention the resolution and framerate of the game’s Ray Tracing mode, we can surmise that it will run at a 1080p resolution with a possible target framerate of 60FPS. This is based on other PS5 titles with a similar set of graphics modes.

What they've shown of the vast open world seems to have the problem of lacking interesting things on the horizon. "What's over there?" More brown rocks and grass seems to be the answer at the moment. :???:

What they've shown of the vast open world seems to have the problem of lacking interesting things on the horizon. "What's over there?" More brown rocks and grass seems to be the answer at the moment. :???:
Same feeling I had. Also the foliage was completely still. Very weird, my interest in the game has diminished quite a bit and ALSO. I can’t believe I’m writing this but… did she just go FUCK OFF while casting a spell?

Again, I swear all the time but even I found that a bit naff. Is that weird?

I'm a huge disney fan but 6 grand for a hotel stay that lasts not even 48 hours ? You check in a 2pm stay that night , have the next day and that night and then check out at 9am. That is insane. I can do 2-3 weeks in disney for 6 grand even at a disney resort plus park tickets and food. I could do a two week disney cruise with my wife for 6 grand with food.

They lost the plot on it. Maybe if it had its own exclusive rides inside of the hotel or a ar experiance where they give you a headset and there are objectives and stuff to do but god the missed the plot with this.

Universal is doing so much better right now

it was b-roll footage that was meant to have the press talk over clips rather than something representing a polished gameplay demo. That's why IGN made the video private. The footage is up on other youtube pages with people actually doing a preview. But yeah, what a weird segment to demo, especially a new area they haven't shown that clearly needs more polishing compared to what we've seen before. Noticeable pop-in and the procedural clouds are constantly changing patterns, and the character annoyingly constantly says the same things.

They had a new trailer at the game awards too

FGgUzy8X0AEtj_5

Back