The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

Just discovered "Resident Alien" and about halfway through I'm thinking this could be one of the rare SyFy good ones.

Either that or I'm just a HUUUUUGE Alan Tudyk fan and he's as amazeballs as usual in a very strange role. There's 3 episodes out, I'll report back after binging!
I just finished the first season and I loved it.

EDIT: I dunno why I thought episode 6 was the end (probably because of how it finished) but turns out there are still some episodes left! great.

Invincible. A Robert Kirkman (Walking Dead writer) TV adaptation of his The Boys-esque superhero comic.

First episode plays out brilliantly as a standard coming of age hero story full of the regular tropes. Then the last scene shows its hand...

I was curious about how deep the story was [Invincible], so I glanced over the summary of the comics and wow, they have a lot of material ground to cover.

Currently rewatching the expanse season 5 in HDR.

The look of the screens changes a ton compared to sdr.

Those indoor areas in space? Yep they are darker than outdoors on earth!

Those neons in space ships? Yep they are bright, so bright, some of them even makes it harder to look at the actor face. As some scenes deliberately put their face really close to neon lights. A really clever subtleties (e.g. To convey that the characters are confused) that lost its impact in sdr.

In sdr indoors and earth outdoors didn't have this "brightness gap". So you can't really feel what Bobby felt when she first steps on earth without sunshade (other crews just keeps blabbering it's really bright, please wear sunshades). But I imagine on hdr, you will be able to feel what the Martian feels.

I just finished the first season and I loved it.

EDIT: I dunno why I thought episode 6 was the end (probably because of how it finished) but turns out there are still some episodes left! great.
Lol so glad it's not just me that got fooled

Have been trying to work my way through American crime story Versace but I can't really get into it. I just don't like any of the characters m too bad because I did like the season about OJ Simpson.

Have also been watching various things with the wife lately. Sex education is pretty fun. Probably wouldn't watch it by myself but it's something we can watch together and it's actually pretty good. Enjoyed the Queen's Gambit as well and now we started on the Crown. It's too bad the sound mixing isn't great because I often have trouble hearing the voices clearly. For my self I always turn on English subtitles but it's a bit hard for the wife to have everything in English.

currently watching The Rookie.

so... in Destiny 2, nolan north do VA of Cayde-6, replacing Nathan Fillion.

in The Rookie, Nathan Fillion act as a police officer named "Nolan".

Huh....

Got into an older show I didn’t know about, Person of Interest.

The machines try to take over but it’s not sci fi Skynet future. It’s the present and AI predicts crimes.

same creator as Westworld but liked it more than Westworld — no hosts in this one,

I liked Person of Interest. It just got a bit silly with the woman who could communicate with machines

Yeah it was an amazing series but randomly filled with weird things lol

Btw one of the episode got racks of ps3 fat as super computer

Is it possible to discuss this outside RPSC forum?

https://www.buzzfeed.com/eleanorbate/alison-brie-regrets-diane-nguyen-bojack-horseman

While a noble gesture on the behalf of actors maybe, I think associating 'color' with 'voice' in itself is something that should _not_ be emphasized. In a live action film it is understandable to require a stereotypic look for a role. But the actors in most cases are quite different persons compared to the role they are playing. In that sense it is no different to voicing animated films, it should not be expected that the actors are in real life what they portray.
Is it OK to fake Irish accent then? German, Russian, what have you?

Invincible. A Robert Kirkman (Walking Dead writer) TV adaptation of his The Boys-esque superhero comic.

First episode plays out brilliantly as a standard coming of age hero story full of the regular tropes. Then the last scene shows its hand...

Ah, I posted about it in the anime (animation) thread. But, this is surprisingly really REALLY good, IMO.

This is also the reason I absolutely HATE series that don't release all the episodes at once, pure crap, IMO.

Now, I'll probably just wait until the rest of the season is out before watching it again. Sucks having to wait that long, but better to be able to watch the rest all at once rather than have it drip fed to me a week at a time.

Anyway, I'm incredibly interested to see where this goes. It's difficult to tell exactly who are the "good" guys and who are the "bad" guys. I know it's setup to make it look like a certain someone is the "bad" guy, but at this point I'm not sure if it's deliberately setting things up like that to mislead the audience into thinking that person is the "bad" guy.

Really fascinating animated BLOODY superhero series.

Also, now interested in the comic series that it's based on, but I'll hold off on reading that at least until this season is over so I don't potentially spoil the rest of this season.

Regards,
SB

Back