gFW25Od.jpg

kK87YOs.jpg

RtGwVxh.jpg

We3WWQ8.jpg

TS4sEkT.jpg

BWixWWN.jpg

RWqT253.jpg

Last edited:
A couple shots of Horizon ZD ultrawide. I just recently got an UW monitor, so I'm new to the party.. but damn I'm loving it. This game has improved so much since launch it's not even funny.

20210406202542-1.jpg

20210402192205-1.jpg

Nothing special as they are taken from actual gameplay and not really posed or anything... but it's a sharp looking game. I love the colors and lighting.

Ah man.. I'm hoping for a Dead Space Trilogy remaster so bad. Or a next gen (current gen) remake of Dead Space 1.. one of the best horror games ever.

Sucks the dev studio is no more... but proper remasters should be possible!

A couple shots of Horizon ZD ultrawide. I just recently got an UW monitor, so I'm new to the party.. but damn I'm loving it.
How has your experience been with your monitor. I've been eyeballing an UW for a couple of years, but I was afraid there would be too many games that didn't properly support it.

If the game doesnt support ultrawide you can stretch the image to make it fullscreen allthough I would not recommend it its even worse
on a super ultrawide like mine (yes thats a thing 32:9, ultrawide is 21:9) cant wait for mega super ultrawide turbo monitors :D
First off you can use some of the fixes that were developed for triple screen
the next thing is you can run the game in a window or better still borderless window
lastly you can tell your monitor and gfx card not to scale then the game will run at a supported res with black bars on the sides its no big deal really
it looks something like this
IQrTNmF.jpg

Last edited:
How has your experience been with your monitor. I've been eyeballing an UW for a couple of years, but I was afraid there would be too many games that didn't properly support it.
Support is miles better than just a few years ago. You get the occasional indy game where it's specifically designed for a particular AR so the developer won't support UW but out-of-the-box support is generally very good, with a decent amount of non-supported games being fixable by modding.

the next thing is you can run the game in a window or better still borderless window
This doesn't necessary mean UW is suddenly supported. This only works if the game supports fully dynamic AR where you can simply grab the corner of the game window and scale/skew however you like.

You misunderstand, I can run quake 3 in a 1600x1200 window on an ultrawide dynamic ar not needed the game stays at 4:3

Why a remaster ? they run fine no real problems sure RT or something would be nice but they still hold up graphically imho
Go try and play Dead Space 1 on PC... the controls alone make it absolutely unplayable. The "gamepad" support is essentially emulating the keyboard. It's completely terrible. You can't properly strafe and move in analog directions.. all the sensitivity values a messed up. You need to do a whole bunch of junk just to get it to feel somewhat ok.

More than anything it's the controls which need to be fixed. Similar to Mass Effect 1 and 2 on PC.. I don't even think you could use a controller with ME1 on PC.. and with ME2 it was janky. Now the Legendary Edition is coming and all those issues will be fixed. I want them to do the same with Dead Space is all :p

I freaking LOVE it.

I went with an LG 38GL950G-B.. and it's been awesome. It's got some nice specs (21:9 3840x1600 resolution 160/175hz)and I got it for a good price, and it's not extremely curved like the 1000R monitors out there.. I didn't want anything like that.

I will say though.. when I first unboxed it, and got it set up on my desk and turned it on.. I was like wow.. this is crazy. There's a tiny period of adjustment to be sure... but after that.. I'll never go back to a standard 16:9 aspect ratio for my desktop ever again (if I can help it)

There's quite a decent amount of content out there that supports it already. You'll get some games that wont of course... but the community is generally pretty excellent at figuring it all out. But man... when you see your games running in that ultrawide resolution it'll put a smile on your face.

Oh man, the LG 38GL950G-B ticks all the boxes I want for a new monitor... Except the price. Not sure I can justify that right now. Looks great, though.

So, I think I might be a weird person because I can't handle VA panels. I know most people feel that way about TN, but I'm fine with them. I don't do any professional work anymore so color accuracy doesn't matter to me as long as I can tweak the settings enough for games to look good. Every VA panel I've owned had terrible response on blacks and/or reds, so they would trail like crazy with games that are dark or have lots of blood. So that Samsung screen, I probably couldn't handle that. And I need 100hz or better and that rules out the cheaper LG. Good thing I'm patient.

Back