Current Generation Games Analysis Technical Discussion [2020-2021] [XBSX|S, PS5, PC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rainbow six siege PS5 vs XSX, uncapped mode. In most scenes the framerate if very similar except when looking at the sky where the XSX has a small lead.

It should be interesting to test the game using more demanding conditions that should be more representative of a normal game session.

Last edited:
i think he is using old versions of the game, when the framerate was unlocked, next gen patches cap the framererate at 120fps maximum IIRC, and with enhanced graphics/ligthing.

i think he is using old versions of the game, when the framerate was unlocked, next gen patches cap the framererate at 120fps maximum IIRC, and with enhanced graphics/ligthing.
yea I was going to wonder if the 2 consoles are CPU bound in that older mode hence why they were largely getting the same results. The older BC patch is 900p right?

Why would they internally cap the framerate at 120fps? If the game never goes under 120fps (on your TV) then it should almost always run higher if uncapped. Here we can see it usually hovers between 130-140fps which is ideal if the cap is at 120hz.

Have you already tried to play a MP game unpatched? On PS4 it's not even possible to do such a thing. I assume it's the same on PS5 and XSX.

When looking at the sky, yes. The cloud power is finally there.

This reminded me of a PC gamer and gaming site moderator who would slightly angle his first-person and third-person shots skyward quickly on falsifying certain fps data. The days of old where ATI and Nvidia fanboys were at each other throats over performance. Reminds me, I haven't been on Rage3D for quite some time, not after Vengeance passed away.:cry:

This reminded me of a PC gamer and gaming site moderator who would slightly angle his first-person and third-person shots skyward quickly on falsifying certain fps data. The days of old where ATI and Nvidia fanboys were at each other throats over performance. Reminds me, I haven't been on Rage3D for quite some time, not after Vengeance passed away.:cry:
who remember nvidia (If I remember correctly) drivers that boost 3d mark score but also removes dragon ? :d btw 3dmark massivly lost on importance

You're also building something that does much more than just game.

You're also building something that will hold higher resale value for far longer. I can sell my 2080ti for more now than what I payed for it at launch.... Yes... that's pretty sad.. but since PCs are so forward and backward compatible.. getting rid of the old completely and putting that money towards new components significantly lowers the outright cost of "upgrading". Yes, you can trade in you console towards a new one.. but generally you're going to get a small fraction of what you paid for it.

Anyway... the people that are willing to drop big money on a good PC.. likely don't give a damn about the fact that you can get a $500 console with comparable visuals.
Obviously you can do a bit more with a PC, but today’s consoles do so much more than they ever used to.

And sorry but I will have to disagree with depreciation, you can’t use an outliner during a once in a lifetime event to prove such a thing lol. If this were normal circumstances that 2080ti would now be worth sub £300 - that would be a staggering loss vs consoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back