Outriders [PS4, 4PRO, PS5, XO, XOX, XBSX, PC, XGP]

pharma

Legend
Outriders PC Features Detailed; NVIDIA DLSS/Ansel Support, System Requirements & More (wccftech.com)
Graphics features:
  • Ultrawide screen support: 3440 x 1440
  • Adjustable Field of View (FOV), which allows you to see more or less of the game at the edges of your monitor.
  • Dynamic Resolution Scaling (DRS) - This system will adjust your resolution on the fly in order to increase performance and prevent system slowdowns or bottlenecks. Theoretically, you shouldn't even notice it's happening, but it will result in significant performance improvements across all systems.
  • NVIDIA DLSS – DLSS utilizes the power of AI to boost performance for NVIDIA GeForce RTX gamers so you can enjoy higher fidelity gameplay at higher frame rates.
  • NVIDIA Ansel - Enables NVIDIA GeForce gamers to capture unique screenshots of Outriders from custom angles, with filters and other tweaks applied. Simply take a snap, upload to ShotWithGeForce, and share with just a few clicks.
  • Razer Chroma RBG

Last edited:
My opinion after playing the demo up to level 4:

Extremely claustrophic, invisible walls, very small "dungeon" areas that require frequent loading, no jump button or climbing mechanic.
Very shallow RPG elements - you're given a huge skill tree but it appears that all 9 abilities are going to be assigned to you, with you only being able to choose from 3 at a time. Or, it's just three and they level themselves up and you have no choice. it's clear there's three "types" of abilities and all the skills do is tweak them a bit. So there's no way to plan for an epic use of skill points that will unleash some crazy ability combos. The large skill tree appears basically for show, or complexity for complexity's sake while reducing freedom of choice as much as possible.

As small as the areas are, they aren't exceptionally pretty or detailed (XSX), the sound doesn't match the action (the sound of your footsteps in mud for example will continue after you stop walking), the HDR is either poorly implemented or the font chosen for menus is too "thin", and there's something wrong with the aiming. As a Shooter, the shooting seems off.. I'm not sure what it is, but it doesn't work well with a controller.

Finally, the game seems at odds with itself. Almost as if they just added a bunch of game elements together because they had to be there. I've already discussed the "RPG" elements that don't really add very much, and it has also 3rd person cover mechanics, but it doesn't want you to use them. The enemy has plentiful grenades to convince you to ignore cover and there's no health given except for killing enemies (very limited health reg), so you are encouraged to be aggressive and hunt down the enemies. But because the maps themselves are so small, the places for cover serve as unwanted obstacles when you're trying to dodge and roll around quickly as the game seems to want you to play.

I had never heard of this game before I heard there was a demo that was the entire first portion of the game up for free until April 1, so I don't know how long it was in development or if it was supposed to launch for the X/PS years ago? It really seems like it's a pre PS4-Pro/X1X generation game when you combine the visuals with the incredibly small areas and frequent invisible walls. The game mechanics fighting themselves are another issue entirely.

Play the game for free while you can. Maybe revisit it later if it does go to GamePass as is currently rumored.

I played the demo on Pro and it was awful. It's really a bad game design and bad execution. Like the devs were living in their own bubble for years and then didn't apply the last 10 years of good game design.

I played the demo on Pro and it was awful. It's really a bad game design and bad execution. Like the devs were living in their own bubble for years and then didn't apply the last 10 years of good game design.
I downloaded the demo on PS5 but have not played it yet. What's the problem with game design?

I didn't have a problem with the game design either. Looks like a great co-op 3rd person shooter. Will definitely finish the demo before it launches on Game Pass.

Outriders caught me by surprise last week. If I did know about it, I may have mentally put it aside because of the co-op bent, but from what I've seen it looks good. Third-person cover-based RPG/magic shooter? Oh yeah... :yes:

Outriders caught me by surprise last week. If I did know about it, I may have mentally put it aside because of the co-op bent, but from what I've seen it looks good. Third-person cover-based RPG/magic shooter? Oh yeah... :yes:

Yeah. I played it too. It comes off as The Division meets Anthem albeit without the huge levels or open world of those games.

But its hard to tell considering you are only given access to the beginning areas of the game and the game basically tells you its about to send you to find a way out of the constricted area right before the demo ends. It reminds me of The Division's starting area which was small in scope and was only available (if Im not mistaken) for the start of the game.

It scratches my shooter-looter itch so I am hoping the full game opens up to much larger levels.

I had issues to log in into that SE account, when I did so, the game won't play on the xbox because I'm not a Gold member... So for a demo I need to be under subscription.. I guess I won't try/buy.

49.4 GB on Series X with latest update patch installed.

Looks to be 42.4 GB for PC but Steam requiring min 70 GB free.

Seeing conflicting reports on sizes for base consoles.

I see the usual simplifications are in full effect. Kraken is not a compression system designed for the textures. Kraken compresses everything and textures can be further compressed by notably Oodle system.
sorry I don't have idea what was post message about :D but difference is size ps5 vs ps4 quite big

Back