S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 [XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

Yeah, it gave the feeling of abandonment, while world of Fallout is lively

I am replaying Fallout 4 again and I've just hit Act II (where the Brotherhood show up) and the amount of dynamic moments of insects vs Super Mutants vs Brotherhood vs Raiders vs Rust Devils vs Institute vs Minutemen in random encounters is utterly fantastic. I had forgotten how chaotic it could be in congested areas, whereas utterly quiet in more desolate places.

Weirdly enough I've just started playing Fallout 4 as well. After shelving Cyberpunk until it's fixed.

The randomness certainly livens up the environment but I'd also forgotten just how basic Bethesda games feel, especially with navigating the environment and fighting. But I'm loving re-discovering the offhand humour scattered around the wasteland, comically positioned skeletons etc. And I've already found some things I'd not seen before even after multiple playthroughs, I really liked that about Skyrim as well.

I played the original STALKER on PC but about the only thing a I can remember are the weird radiation storms :/

STALKER has something called a blowout radiation storm in some mods. I think the release version had that disabled.

I put about 20 hours into STALKER Lost Alpha a few months back. That is basically an attempt to turn the officially released alpha version of Shadow of Chernobyl into a complete game and is much larger in scale than the retail release. Pretty interesting and hardcore experience. Survival would be the right genre indeed. I think it runs on the DX11 Pripyat engine.

I also started a parallel game of the retail release to refresh my memory of that. Just had Zone Reclamation Project installed to fix up bugs and disable the extreme head bob.

Last edited:
Ah, that sounds way less appealing! I think the mystery is solved, I likely skipped it.

In the original game you cannot even repair your stuff*, imagine: you find a really good weapon (like a modified Groza 5.45 AR) and it breaks. So there is a small fan made fix, that brings this option back and some side quests.

(*Yes, you can repair your suits with lightnings and fire)

I didn't remember that about stock Shadow of Chernobyl. The thing is you are usually hip deep in scavenged weapons. The overhaul mods typically have traders able to repair and I remember repair kits too.

Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat do have repair in the game.

Last edited:
Context for link:

STALKER 2: Support for Mods on Xbox is also being explored according to the PR manager of GSC Game World

GSC Game World’s PR manager, who is now working on the highly awaited STALKER 2, became a guest on the podcast “Not brought in”. Zakhar Bocharov provided detailed responses to several of the hosts’ questions regarding the development of STALKER 2.

GSC Game World’s PR manager, who is now working on the highly awaited STALKER 2, became a guest on the podcast “Not brought in”. Zakhar Bocharov provided detailed responses to several of the hosts’ questions regarding the development of STALKER 2.

This is good news, I'd be really happy to see better mod support in console games. Some mods for Fallout 4 and Skyrim are literally game-changing and 99.99% of the effort is done by the community for the benefit of the developer and publisher.

As a guy with a fair amount experience listening to promises from GSC gameworld, maybe don't get too excited yet. I love S.T.A.L.K.E.R., it's one of my favorite PC games. But it's certainly not the game they promised.

Out of interest did you ever play Codename Outbreak from them - you can see a lot of the origins of stalker in there

Out of interest did you ever play Codename Outbreak from them - you can see a lot of the origins of stalker in there
Pretty sure I picked that up on GOG before I knew what it was. It's cool as an artifact. Like a piece of historical for the historical record. But it didn't hold my interest like SOC.

I wonder if they will use DX12 Ultimate. I certainly hope so. Though I assume it would require quite some effort as UE4 is still not capable of using DX12U features?

Don't know, if true: From the Epic v Apple case: gov.uscourts.cand.364265.551.21.pdf (courtlistener.com)

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 (GSC Game World) Game Pass Day & Date | 3 Month Console Exclusive
Estimated release: Q4 2021
The Chernobyl Exclusion Zone is a unique, dangerous and ever-changing environment. It promises a lot — the artifacts of unbelievable value can be yours if you dare to claim them. The price you may pay, on the other hand, is no less than your own life

https://www.hardwaretimes.com/stalk...rce-gtx-1080-ti-recommended-for-1080p-60-fps/

Requirement begins to move on PC side 8 cores CPU and a 5700XT or a 1080 Ti is recommanded for 1080p. And SSD is recommanded as a minimum requirement for a good experience.

The PC system requirements for Stalker 2: Heart of Chernobyl have been announced and boy, they’re a doozie. For an optimal (1080p 60 FPS experience) you’ll need an octa-core CPU, the Ryzen 7 3700X or higher on AMD’s side and the Core i7-9700K on Intel’s, while the Pascal flagship (GTX 1080 Ti) is the recommended GPU. Interestingly, the CPU minimum CPU requirements are also fairly on the high side, with the hex-core Ryzen 5 1600X or the Core i5-7600K being the bare minimum for a playable experience.

Minimum requirements:
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X or Intel Core i5-7600K
Memory: 8GB RAM
Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB or Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Storage: 150 GB available space
Additional Notes: SSD

Recommended Requirements:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X or Intel Core i7-9700K
Memory: 16GB RAM
Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT or Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
RayTracing Graphics: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER

Back