Nvidia's 3000 Series RTX GPU [3090s with different memory capacity]

Blender 2.92 Linux & Windows Performance: Best CPUs & Graphics Cards – Techgage
March 3, 2021
Blender’s latest version, 2.92, has just released, and as usual, we’re going to dig into its performance and see which CPUs and GPUs reign supreme. For something a bit different this go-around, we’re adding Linux results to our rendering and viewport tests, and not surprisingly, the results are interesting!
A happy accident occurred during our testing, where our testing scripts thought the GTX 1660 Ti was an RTX card, and proceeded to run the OptiX tests. Since the GTX series doesn’t include RT (or Tensor) cores, that API was typically unavailable. At some point, that changed, because OptiX works on this RT-coreless GTX 1660 Ti, and actually improves performance by doing so. If you have an NVIDIA card, but one that’s not RTX-enabled, you should try out the OptiX option as well and see if performance improves.

Still no AMD 6000 series visible on Steam Survey.
That's because AMD sold so few cards, Q4 2020 share of AMD dGPUs is at an all time low of 17%. NVIDIA stands at 83%.

https://www.3dcenter.org/news/die-grafikchip-und-grafikkarten-marktanteile-im-vierten-quartal-2020

I wouldn't hold my breath for the 6000 series after all the unexplained issues Steam Survey has had with AMD products before, nor do I think those numbers would be anywhere near accurate for NVIDIA either.
The survey is a very good indicator of current trends, AMD cards are a no show because they are simply a no show at the market as well, see above.

Last edited:
That's because AMD sold so few cards, Q4 2020 share of AMD dGPUs is at an all time low of 17%. NVIDIA stands at 83%.

Add-in-Board-GPU-Market-Share-2002-to-Q4-2020.png

https://www.3dcenter.org/news/die-grafikchip-und-grafikkarten-marktanteile-im-vierten-quartal-2020

The survey is a very good indicator of current trends, AMD cards are a no show because they are simply a no show at the market as well, see above.

Yeah, this kinda suprised me:
upload_2021-3-10_7-2-41.png

Seems like NVIDIA going Samsung was a smart move...out of the congestion of TSMC's 7nm

Navi21 does not make sense even for AMD alone. They can have 7 Zen3 CCX for that die space.
For now, they exist only to stay in the game, not to win it.

Navi21 does not make sense even for AMD alone. They can have 7 Zen3 CCX for that die space.
For now, they exist only to stay in the game, not to win it.
You assume each Navi chip means less Zen chiplets, which isn't necessarily true.
We all know TSMCs 7nm currently is a mess, with no-one but their customers actually knowing what kinda of different 7nm processes there are.
Originally there was N7, N7P and N7+. At that time, Zen-chiplets were supposedly N7, while Navi1x were N7P.
Now they're talking about more or less customized 7nm processes without referring to N7 or N7P (I think MS said N7E?), but no-one has said anything about whether they're actually the same process with each other, or not.

Those numbers acutally make Steam's number kinda valid.
I keep hearing that "Steam is not valid"
Proposing a better product help too :eek:

But yeah, in 2020-2021, having a product available is key...

But, but...."Raytracing is not important" ;)
It reminds me of AMD's "Too much tessellation!!!"
I guess we soon will see "Too much upscaling!!!" too ;)

Last edited:
So for example reporting a 30% month-to-month increase of Chinese players is not a credibility warning sign, right?

I'm not disputing the 83:17 nV vs AMD ratio - its probably even steeper, like 90:10. I'm disputing the Steam Survey since it's obviously a system full of flukes & flaws lacking even basic sanity checks on the provided data...

So for example reporting a 30% month-to-month increase of Chinese players is not a credibility warning sign, right?

I'm not disputing the 83:17 nV vs AMD ratio - its probably even steeper, like 90:10. I'm disputing the Steam Survey since it's obviously a system full of flukes & flaws lacking even basic sanity checks on the provided data...
For a System full of flukes, flaws, lack of sanity-checks etc. it's does quite the good job...
upload_2021-3-10_14-7-3.png

Why do I never see the 2013/2014 coin frenzy mentioned? I bought a R9 290X for cheap off fleaBay after that crashed.

And that is some impressively low volume for AMD 6x00 GPUs! Yikes.

Last edited:
I'm disputing the Steam Survey since it's obviously a system full of flukes & flaws lacking even basic sanity checks on the provided data...
Every month valve index is at worst the 3rd best selling item on steam has been as far back as I can remember I dont believe it also valve released their best selling charts for the year and it wasnt even in the top 100
The Year's Top 100 Games as Measured by Gross Revenue
https://store.steampowered.com/sale/BestOf2020

Edit : nearly always top 3 a couple of dips to 6 then disapears out of the top 10 in sept but is back in august (I'm working back from dec)
you have to go right back to feb for there to be a time it wasnt in the top ten
https://steamdb.info/topsellers/2020W52/

Last edited:
Back