CryptoCurrency Mining with GPUs *spawn*

Yeah it would lower heating costs a bit, but per kWh, heat from electricity is much more expensive than even from oil, which we have to use in our old house far away from civilization. :)
And, knowing my luck, when I gather an amount of money worth the hassle, a second before I can sell, the crypto bubble will burst ;)

It seems I should sell my VEGA FE now!
if your going to do it , do it now. 1559 will really cut earnings and difficulty keeps going up. If you couple those two with the drop in price its harder to break even now. If i can get my hands on a 3060 or 3060ti i will sell my vega in my wifes machine

Supposedly the rest of the line is 30HX = TU116, 40HX = TU106 and 50HX = TU102. The actual configuration outside of the bus width isn't known.

if your going to do it , do it now. 1559 will really cut earnings and difficulty keeps going up. If you couple those two with the drop in price its harder to break even now. If i can get my hands on a 3060 or 3060ti i will sell my vega in my wifes machine

Some people are against the launch of 1559, right ? Is it a sure thing ?

same looking for a 3060 or 3060ti for the wife. Dunno if i will have luck on that

Its a sure thing , everyone but miners want it. Expect it july / august of this year

I hope this will help with the availability... This is getting ridiculous...

Thats not a bad swap I'm sure someone will take you up on it

maybe , if i can find one to buy i will just snag it and then sell it on ebay. I dunno

I just added a fan blowing towards the back plate of my card while I wait for heatsinks to come in.

its really annoying my 3080 junction temps are 98 - 62 - 100 - 96.3 but sometimes that one that is a little higher will spike to 106. I am hoping the heatsinks share 3-5 degrees off the temps.

I just googled what EIP1559 and how it will affect the gas fee, wtf is a gas fee and what is EIP 1599 about? :|

First you have to understand that each blockchain project has its own full blown economy. In a Proof of Work model (bitcoin, ethereum) the project needs miners to validade the transactions, thus the project pays miners a fee in the format of a coin. Miners join the project if the coin they are being paid has market value which only happens if the project succeeds.

In the Ethereum space the model is the same as I said above. The coin the project uses is "Ether", and "gas" is just an alias given to the amount "Ether" that needs to be paid to miners in order to register your transaction on the next block of the blockchain. Its a fee that guarantees your transaction will be registered.

But because the Ethereum blockchain currently has a very finite number of transactions that can occur every second, and the demand far surpasses that finite number, there is competition to enter the next block, so you pay more to the miners and they give you priority. Its an auction of fees if you will.

EIP 1599 is band-aid that proposes a hardcap on the amount of gas you can pay, thus lowering the fee miners receive. This had to be proposed because the demand outpaced the timeline for next evolution of Ethereum that fixes the issue.

The problem with the miners and EIP1599 is three fold and easy to explain.

1) the majority of the outcry comes from recent adopters that smelled easy money and decided to join the project without understanding it. They didn't know Ethereum was supposed to leave the Proof of Work model.
2) They joined without understanding the economy model of the Proof of Work, in which for the coin they are mining to have value, the project must succeed. High fees goes against the economy model.
3) This "class" of uninformed miners also happens to be selling every coin they gain ASAP into dollars. So they are not invested in the long term success of the project. Scarily, smart people can also be dumb, and some mining pools decided they want short term gains and screw all the above points, and dumb people have a tendency to join up in arms with other dumb people.

All in all, its a failing to understand the ecosystem and what gives the coin value.

Last edited:
I believe that those big pools that dont wan't it, believe there exists better methods to address the issue. But they sure as hell agree that the viability of the project cannot be maintained without "some" measure. They are not suicidal. The death of Ethereum would be the death of all of them. You cannot buy a GPU today. Thats how powerful the economy of Ethereum is.

Ultimately, EIP1599 is deflationary, which means that even if they earn less Ether, Ether value will rise. In the end, they stand to gain and the project proliferates.

Back