Future Sony first-party PlayStation games coming to PC

Forget that stuff, what about Spider-man?!?!?

My guess is spiderman1 could come to pc when spiderman2 is coming for ps5. Get pc folks hooked and get them to buy ps5. Same thing for uncharted when the next naughty dog game comes out. Do we have any rumors on what naughty dog is up to? Some kind of spinoff for uncharted or complete departure similarly to what guerrilla did?

My guess is spiderman1 could come to pc when spiderman2 is coming for ps5. Get pc folks hooked and get them to buy ps5. Same thing for uncharted when the next naughty dog game comes out. Do we have any rumors on what naughty dog is up to? Some kind of spinoff for uncharted or complete departure similarly to what guerrilla did?

Uncharted will be made by another team, a new team at Sony San Diego studio. The rumor they work on a new IP.

Uncharted will be made by another team, a new team at Sony San Diego studio. The rumor they work on a new IP.

Interesting. I wonder how they would even continue uncharted as the story kind of ended. Reboot with another character from the series?

I'm kind of done with uncharted. I wish they would just do something else. 4 games + spinoffs is enough for me to get bored in the series.

A few interesting things there. The next VR headset for PlayStation will still be corded. While I'm not in the market for a VR headset for a console, if the hardware is good with an excellent high resolution screen with high FOV and inside out tracking, I'd have considered getting one for use with PC. However, I've grown rather attached to being able to use the Oculus Quest untethered. I'm probably about 50/50 on tethered/untethered for my usage time on the device and losing that would be inconvenient.

Also, it's not just Days Gone, but they plan on continuing to invest in releasing games on PC.

This is following on from your publishing Horizon Zero Dawn on PC in August last year. How did that go?

We assessed the exercise in two ways. Firstly, in terms of the straightforward success of the activity of publishing the game on PC, people liked it and they bought it. We also looked at it through the lens of what the PlayStation community thought about it. There was no massive adverse reaction to it. So we will continue to take mission steps in this direction.

So, uh, I guess if PS "fans" want to stop that from happening, start complaining vociferously to Sony about it. :p Although why anyone would want Sony to make "less" money and deprive gamers of the ability to play Sony published games? ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

Regards,
SB

A few interesting things there. The next VR headset for PlayStation will still be corded. While I'm not in the market for a VR headset for a console, if the hardware is good with an excellent high resolution screen with high FOV and inside out tracking, I'd have considered getting one for use with PC. However, I've grown rather attached to being able to use the Oculus Quest untethered. I'm probably about 50/50 on tethered/untethered for my usage time on the device and losing that would be inconvenient.

Also, it's not just Days Gone, but they plan on continuing to invest in releasing games on PC.

So, uh, I guess if PS "fans" want to stop that from happening, start complaining vociferously to Sony about it. :p Although why anyone would want Sony to make "less" money and deprive gamers of the ability to play Sony published games? ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

Regards,
SB
Gotta placate the fanboys somehow and give the impression that you care... Of course the reality is that money is money, and Sony knows there's really no other alternatives. Xbox games are already day 1 on PC, and Nintendo's games are emulated.

I think Sony's going to take their time... slowly bring things over in a manner which is likely to cause the least amount of "disruption" and slowly but surely PS folk will become used to the idea of their games getting PC releases and closer and closer to the original console launch dates until it's just normal... like Xbox is now.

Gotta placate the fanboys somehow and give the impression that you care... Of course the reality is that money is money, and Sony knows there's really no other alternatives. Xbox games are already day 1 on PC, and Nintendo's games are emulated.

I think Sony's going to take their time... slowly bring things over in a manner which is likely to cause the least amount of "disruption" and slowly but surely PS folk will become used to the idea of their games getting PC releases and closer and closer to the original console launch dates until it's just normal... like Xbox is now.
I don't think people will care of God of war comes out on pc around hte time the sequel hits PS5. Or Last of us 2 comes out on pc a year before last of us 3 comes out.

Sony is doing this to 1) Make more money with easy ports(they gotta enhance them for ps5 anyway) and 2) try and create new fans of the series who may want to play the next game right away and go out and buy a ps5 instead of waiting years for a port.

I'll buy days gone , my friend said its a solid middle of the road zombie game and I have met the actor in it multiple times. But I wont buy it full price. maybe $20 bucks

Seems like a no brainer but unlike HZD, Days Gone is going into a hugely saturated open world survival game environment. There are literally hundreds and hundreds of games in this genre.
Like what? I dont have a sony console, only ever played some quiz game on a ps3 or ps2 (so never even held the proper controller) but on the ps4 'days gone' looked like the game I most wanted to play, I want something like this on PC, so what are these games?

Like what? I dont have a sony console, only ever played some quiz game on a ps3 or ps2 (so never even held the proper controller) but on the ps4 'days gone' looked like the game I most wanted to play, I want something like this on PC, so what are these games?

I've watched this vid

Seems like a lot of the zombie games are fps, lower budget, and/or less story driven so it seems that it can find its own place. The zombie funneling playgrounds are pretty nice too but too bad it's not that many.

Days Gone is a decent looking game on the PS4 and I hope the PC port gets ao and textures upgrade specially on clothing during cutscenes.

It looks like you can't link to Steam searches but go to the Steam search then narrow the field by tags. Openworld survival games with crafting are among the most saturated group of genres of games to appear in the last 3-4 years. They're not all third person, some are first person, some of both third and first person, some of 3D isometric. State of Decay looks like a heavy influence for Days Gone and there are two of those.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like you can't link to Steam searches but go to the Steam search then narrow the field by tags. Openworld survival games with crafting are among the most saturated group of genres of games to appear in the last 3-4 years. They're not all third person, some are first person, some of both third and first person, some of 3D isometric. State of Decay looks like a heavy influence for Days Gone and there are two of those.

The one big thing that Days Gone has going for it is the more developed storyline and characters. While the crafting, scavenging, survival, and world building don't hold a candle to any of the good Zombie Survival games, it's certainly got a better story than pretty much all of them.

So, I could see where someone might not be able to get into a zombie survival game, but potentially enjoy playing Days Gone. Or even be disappointed in the survival aspects of Days Gone but still enjoy the game as a whole. Likewise, I could see some people that are into Zombie Survival completely not enjoy playing Days Gone.

So, I wouldn't necessarily put it into the same genre, but it does have a foot (or leg) into that genre of games.

Regards,
SB

The one big thing that Days Gone has going for it is the more developed storyline and characters. While the crafting, scavenging, survival, and world building don't hold a candle to any of the good Zombie Survival games, it's certainly got a better story than pretty much all of them.
Yeah, Days Gone is definitely a more story-orientated action game than many hardcore survival games that require you to eat and drink. As a fan of apocalypse-survival games, including zombie or zombie-like enemies, I know this is a genre that is massively saturated on PC. Ironically some of the best keep it simple. Some zombie apocalypse Minecraft mods are stellar and then there are things like 7 Days to Die, Unturned plus many other games where more money has been funnelled into the visual presentation.

There is generally something for everybody as all parts of the spectrum - hardcore survival thru to lite RPG skill choices - are well catered for.

Regards,
SB
I wonder what's going to happen to the PS brand if Sony goes the MS route at the end.
The PS platform was a family of it's own. I think people are attached to that gaming "environment" and the idea that it offered it's own experiences and memories.
In general I think that's what makes people so attached to the favorite platform.
Like before it was Sega or Nintendo. Console platforms carry an identity and memories.

I think Sony realizes where MS is trying to lead the industry and sees how things are moving to the cloud and platform agnostic gaming. I dont think they believe they can sustain the Playstation as a console forever.
And I am not sure if they can sustain it as a hardware-agnostic platform either. Surely MS can support the PC and the console market, and unify them under XBOX, since they own the first and they are strong on the second. Gamepass can be a console+PC thing and provide the same games on a single account.
But I am not sure how Sony can do anything similar. Their cloud games are bound to the limitations of the legacy platform and so old games are not enjoying anything in terms of upgrades (of which many are multiplatform and play better on PC either through streaming or locally).
I think at best Sony is trying to create a mosaic of interconnected studios that can provide gaming under the Playstation brand everywhere, but they know that they will be competing games on which they wont be getting royalties from once they lose the Playstation.
And really whats going to happen to Playstation Store? It cant become another store that competes with other stores on PCs.
All of these I am sure are going through Sony's minds which is why I believe they are releasing games on PC and for the first time in the history of gaming they are also releasing on a game on XBOX under the brand PS Studios.
Last time one of their studios released a game on competing platforms was Psygnosis games on Saturn and N64 if I recall.
They are making plans and I am curious what is their vision

I've watched this vid

Seems like a lot of the zombie games are fps, lower budget, and/or less story driven so it seems that it can find its own place. The zombie funneling playgrounds are pretty nice too but too bad it's not that many.

Days Gone is a decent looking game on the PS4 and I hope the PC port gets ao and textures upgrade specially on clothing during cutscenes.
Thanks yes all those looked worse quality, state of decay 2 would be the closest but its definitely a step down from days gone

Personally I think it's different enough to stand alone...I suggest watching a play-through of a bit of the game, you will get the idea of the gameplay loop from that. Don't be put off by average scores, it's much better - it got some stick at launch as it wasn't quite finished. On PS5 it's quite a looker...and the hordes are adrenalin pumping. Only downside is it takes a little while to get going and care about the characters.

I've watched this vid

Oh, Mist survival looks like a worthy punt - thanks!

Yeah, I love these games - what I really like about Days Gone is that it has a great SP experience, I do enjoy DayZ but I'm never good enough to compete so it'd be nice if there was a better way to play as a single player. 7 Days to Die, I really got hooked on and I don't even like Minecraft types of games. I do enjoy State of Decay 2, it's just a little 'unpolished' and obviously no real story - but the gameplay loop is fairly satisfying (even if at times it can feel overwhelming).

What I really love about Days Gone is it just feels so comfortable to play, I think they got the crafting/upgrades etc spot on...I just wish there was a bit more of the DayZ scarcity around items (especially fuel).

Overall there's no one game (for me) to rule them all...I'm still waiting for it.

Likewise. I always felt like a first person The Last of Us would be my ideal game.
I think I said in LoU2 thread that an open world based on a LoU world would be pretty amazing.

I hope one day a game will arrive to tick all those boxes, I was excited for that game reveal a couple weeks ago...’the day before’ but it seems more of a scripted hope than anything that will fully materialise and they totally ripped the LoU text font, if the video had been released 1st April then it probably would have been more fitting lol

Last edited:
Back