Future Sony first-party PlayStation games coming to PC

That's the editorial headline not a direct quote from Sony. One might say the headline is designed to grab attention and get clicks rather than accurately present the facts being reported on. :yep2:

Yup.

However, Hulst insisted Sony does not intend to follow Microsoft's lead and release all its games on PC and console at the same time.

"And to maybe put a few minds at ease, releasing one first-party AAA title to PC doesn't necessarily mean that every game now will come to PC," he said.

"In my mind, Horizon Zero Dawn was just a great fit in this particular instance. We don't have plans for day and date [PC releases], and we remain 100 per cent committed to dedicated hardware."

Reading this just reiterates what is expected from Sony dealing with the PC. So yes, Sony isn't releasing every first-party title, nor day one releases.

In the end, it's great to see Sony catering certain older titles to PC gamers... heck, I double-dipped on Horizon Zero Dawn and Detroit: Become Human.

I reckon Days Gone is an almost definite PC port in the making.

That's the editorial headline not a direct quote from Sony. One might say the headline is designed to grab attention and get clicks rather than accurately present the facts being reported on. :yep2:

Yes kinda, and that's eurogamer..... In a way they might be correct but it's not straight from Sony nor what they said.
I'm under the impression we might see more first party titles appearing on pc, but neither day one nor all of them. Atleast for the PS5 generation i don't think that will happen, we might see forbidden west some years later on pc.

I'm still getting the PS5 because if i'm going to wait those three (or whatever) years for the pc port, the graphics grow old and i wouldn't have experienced anything 'next-gen' of it when the game is hot.
Anyway, i think sony is exploring to extend their market abit to the pc, but we don't know how much and with what plans. More and more Sony games have appeared on pc, but first party titles remains to be seen, so far only two and on the same Decima engine.

So far, you want to play PS games, you need a PS5. This early it seems when ports do occur they do so very late and with not-so impressive port-results. Then the whole SSD thing might be a problem for games like rift apart, and then you'd need the controller for some functions i assume.
It's abit of a wait-and-see situation also of how things work out, Sony probably does what earns most profits for them.

More and more Sony games have appeared on pc, but first party titles remains to be seen, so far only two and on the same Decima engine.

More and more? It's one isn't it? Horizon Zero Dawn. Detroit Become Human is from third party developer Quantic Dreams and Death Stranding is from third party Developer Kojima Productions. Even Flow, Flower and Journey were by third party developer ThatGameCompany. Paying for platform exclusivity isn't owning the game. :nope:

These are quite different from, for example, Ratchet & Clank where Sony owned the IP and Insomniac were the third party developer, or Spider-Man where Marvel games own the IP, licensed by Sony, and Insomniac were the third party developer. Lots of subtleties here. :yes:

More and more? It's one isn't it? Horizon Zero Dawn. Detroit Become Human is from third party developer Quantic Dreams and Death Stranding is from third party Developer Kojima Productions. Even Flow, Flower and Journey were by third party developer ThatGameCompany. Paying for platform exclusivity isn't owning the game. :nope:

These are quite different from, for example, Ratchet & Clank where Sony owned the IP and Insomniac were the third party developer, or Spider-Man where Marvel games own the IP, licensed by Sony, and Insomniac were the third party developer. Lots of subtleties here. :yes:

I ment/said (more and more) sony games, not sony first party exclusives :p First party titles only one yes as in HZD, so it remains to be seen what that means.

What is a sony game if its not a ps exclusive?
I take PlayStation exclusive to be games that only appear on PlayStation which does not include Detroit Beyond Human, Death Stranding, Flow, Flower and Journey or Horizon Zero Dawn. They're are console platform exclusives (currently) but games not exclusive to the PlayStation and for five of the, games where Sony didn't develop them, nor owns the IP.

MLB The Show 21?
This year yes, next year no. We're inc crazy times. But see how easy it was for MLB to convince Sony they need to support other platforms? Marvel could have done that. I'd suggest Spider-Man is much bigger hitter* than MLB. That would have been a home run* for Marvel.
*other puns are available.​

I take PlayStation exclusive to be games that only appear on PlayStation which does not include Detroit Beyond Human, Death Stranding, Flow, Flower and Journey or Horizon Zero Dawn. They're are console platform exclusives (currently) but games not exclusive to the PlayStation and for five of the, games where Sony didn't develop them, nor owns the IP.

HZD is done by Guerilla which is owned by Sony Playstation, so I am quite sure Sony owns the IP tot hat one.

This year yes, next year no. We're inc crazy times. But see how easy it was for MLB to convince Sony they need to support other platforms? Marvel could have done that. I'd suggest Spider-Man is much bigger hitter* than MLB. That would have been a home run* for Marvel.
*other puns are available
.​

I am guessing Marvel / Sony did this as an experiment / trial and next version might do the MLB way, unless Sony got a nice deal for platform exclusivity for a few years.

HZD is done by Guerilla which is owned by Sony Playstation, so I am quite sure Sony owns the IP tot hat one.
HZD isn't a PlayStaton exclusive, it's on Windows.

I am guessing Marvel / Sony did this as an experiment / trial and next version might do the MLB way, unless Sony got a nice deal for platform exclusivity for a few years.

Nothing that's happening suggests this. Spider Man Miles Morales is exclusive to PS5, Spider-Man in Marvel's Avengers game is exclusive to PlayStation platforms. That sounds like doubling down on the decision made years back for a game released two years ago.

Yes there will be one more and then a further one more...obviously this is ‘more and more’.

Let the dreamers dream I say.

Some of the later levels are very impressive, technically, from what I can remember.

PS has many small 'hidden under the radar' games i think that many dont even know about. Yes it's the big towering AAA games but theres some nice gems too. Wipeout has gone under the radar for many it seems, if you have VR to the ps4 it's quite the reliving of the past in all it's glory.
It's the same with Steam, many small but great games.

Back