All purpose Sales and Sales Rumours and Anecdotes [2021 Edition]

BRiT

(>• •)>⌐■-■ (⌐■-■)
Legend
Supporter
I have noticed that Series S has been in stock at Best Buy for the last 3 days. Signs of S sales slowing down, or S having fewer supply issues?

In pure hardware sales PS is bound to outsell Xbox. Xbox has more entry points anyway. It will be very difficult to compare because we need to think about PC, consoles, future XCloud. Then there is also gamepass.

I do wonder whether MS will generate more revenue than Sony in a long run or not though.

In pure hardware sales PS is bound to outsell Xbox. Xbox has more entry points anyway. It will be very difficult to compare because we need to think about PC, consoles, future XCloud. Then there is also gamepass.

I do wonder whether MS will generate more revenue than Sony in a long run or not though.

Xbox Series vs Playstation 5, my guess is Playstation will have more revenue on the hardware.
Playstation wll have more revenue on games sales
Then the interesting part ,
xCloud vs PSNow = guessing xCloud
Xbox Live (is it still a thing?) vs PS+ = guessing Live
Gamepass vs ???? = Gamepass

MS only cares about GamePass now. The Xbox Series consoles are just GP delivery mechanisms. Sony might outsell MS 2:1 again, but it won't matter if MS has 50+ million GP subscribers, which is the minimum I'm expecting by 2027. 100 million is not out of the question.

MS only cares about GamePass now. The Xbox Series consoles are just GP delivery mechanisms. Sony might outsell MS 2:1 again, but it won't matter if MS has 50+ million GP subscribers, which is the minimum I'm expecting by 2027. 100 million is not out of the question.
with the revenue from 100 million gamepass subscribers the amount of content they will be able to produce will be staggering. $12-18B per year of revenue depending on the standard/ultimate ratio, 0_0. Assuming they want a 50% profit margin, call it $6B on the low end, an average operating cost per employee of say $100-150k (not only wages, but including the cost of buildings, equipment etc), thats enough money to support a first party with 40-60 thousand people in it, holy shit.

The upper end of that is twice the size of the current xbox first party and bethesda, and the entirety or Take 2 interactive, EA, and Ubisoft, combined. Are there even that many people that are competent 'AAA' developers?

I think that's where they are headed. If MS could get away with it, they'd probably buy Sega, Square-Enix, Capcom and Ubisoft, but at some point they will have to grow what they have. They can probably buy their way to 30 studios without the regulators having a fit though. :)

Great Ps5 sales in US

And not bad in Spain maybe more stock but no luck for me

espagn10.jpg

It's astonishing the PS5 is the fast selling console in US history in unit sales given global semiconductor production issues.

It's really getting more stock and sales traction than PS4? :runaway:

It's astonishing the PS5 is the fast selling console in US history in unit sales given global semiconductor production issues.

It's really getting more stock and sales traction than PS4? :runaway:

XBSS sales have slowed over the last two or three months. XBSX sales are still going strong, however, you can catch them in stock more often than PS5. I can't remember which article from a month or so ago, had PS5 leading XBSX/XBSS by over a million systems in America, I wonder if the US sales divide has gotten larger.

Last edited:
EzGOKAxUUAY1BLX

SS: Miles Morales is killing it.

Per, ArmGunar

Top Sony PS4/PS5 games in US is (dollar sales) :
  1. Spider-Man
  2. God of War
  3. Miles Morales
  4. The Last of Us Part II
  5. Ghost / Horizon
  6. Ghost / Horizon
  7. Uncharted 4 (4M sold through bundles, not counted here)

XBSS sales have slowed over the last two or three months. XBSX sales are still going strong, however, you can catch them in stock more often than PS5. I can't remember which article from a month or so ago, had PS5 leading XBSX/XBSS by over a million systems in America, I wonder if the US sales divide has gotten larger.
I've very sceptical about that, I dont think PS4 was leading the xbox by that much last gen and thats with the xbox costing more and being quite a bit weaker. This time the consoles are pretty even in price/power plus you have an even cheaper xbox option, yes the game library on ps is stronger but on the other hand the xbox has gamepass which is very attractive to a lot of ppl.

I've very sceptical about that, I dont think PS4 was leading the xbox by that much last gen and thats with the xbox costing more and being quite a bit weaker.

What? PS4 has sold over 45M units in the US (2020), XBO was estimated to have sold over 30M in the US (2020), with global sales falling under 50M.

I've very sceptical about that, I dont think PS4 was leading the xbox by that much last gen and thats with the xbox costing more and being quite a bit weaker. This time the consoles are pretty even in price/power plus you have an even cheaper xbox option, yes the game library on ps is stronger but on the other hand the xbox has gamepass which is very attractive to a lot of ppl.

https://www.shacknews.com/article/1...d-1-million-units-behind-ps5-following-launch

PS4 backward compatibility is an advantage on Playstation side because they sold much more console last generation.

What? PS4 has sold over 45M units in the US (2020), XBO was estimated to have sold over 30M in the US (2020), with global sales falling under 50M.
I looked it up I was right PS4 was only leading by ~500,000 at this time (march 2014). So provided this 1 million number is true, that doesnt make sense, why is the xbox doing relatively worse this time, when if you look at all things the xbox platform is in a much much better position than last generation? (power,price and no kinect, plus gamepass )
Something doesnt add up, the only thing I can think of is the exclusive software lineup of sony is so much more attractive (3 titles in top10 vs 0 for xbox) that ppl just 'need' the ps5.
Chris makes a good point, yes perhaps because of backward compatibility ppl dont want to change console brands.

I looked it up I was right PS4 was only leading by ~500,000 at this time (march 2014). So provided this 1 million number is true, that doesnt make sense, why is the xbox doing relatively worse this time, when if you look at all things the xbox platform is in a much much better position than last generation? (power,price and no kinect, plus gamepass )
Something doesnt add up, the only thing I can think of is the exclusive software lineup of sony is so much more attractive (3 titles in top10 vs 0 for xbox) that ppl just 'need' the ps5.
Chris makes a good point, yes perhaps because of backward compatibility ppl dont want to change console brands.

It seems they produce less Xbox than Xbox One and last year NPD produce a PR saying Xbox Series sold better than Xbox One but nothing this year. Don't forget that the PS5 and Xbox Series are sold out. Xbox Series S is easier to find than Ps5 and Xbox Series X but Microsoft doesn't produce enough Xbox Series X. PS5 and Xbox Series X are very hard to find.

We will have a better idea of the demand when the production will ramp up and satisfy it.

Last edited:

MS went into production later and are having supply issues. Its why your seeing the series s pop up more. They get more per wafer for each system.

Its also one of those things that MS doesn't actually care about. This year they will have Halo and a few other large game and over the next few years the flood gates will open for microsoft in terms of games. MS will be selling all they can make for a long time

Of course exclusives are important. But the future of MS is the PC. Many people won't buy a Xbox and instead upgrade their PC + Gamepass, no need for Xbox particularly when the Gamepass deal is so good. This is what Microsoft want anyways. They always should have competed against Steam (in their own way, here with Gamepass), not Playstation or Nintendo.

And the opinion of Xbox being in a much better position is from hardcore gamers, not the vast majority of videogames consumers.

Back