Putting old gpus / graphic cards in a good light on a shelf

Rootax

Veteran
Hello guys.

I really don't know where to post this so here we go.

I'm a process of organizing some of my unused old hardware, and I would like to put my old graphics card on one of my shelf, like you see on some hardware youtuber videos.

Stupid question, but are some of you already doing this , and what kind of stand are you using ? It's a strange form factor... For the weight, I will remove the radiator / water block, so It won't be that heavy.

Any recommendation ?

Thx :)

I don't have the stands yet, but I cleaned my old FuryX. No marking on the gpu, but it looks nice, I like the compact hbm look ( My Vega FE is next when I can buy a new gpu :eek:).

FuryX.jpg

(Yeah you can see some stuff in the réflection but nothing confidential ...)

Aaaah, kind of sad, I can't get the waterblock of the Vega FE, 3 screws are really not moving without self destroying :/

Meanwhile, I find my old Geforce 256 SDR (Winfast), but the thermal past started to "eat" at the upper layer of the gpu, so after cleaning it, the inscription on the gpu are kind of gone and the gpu is ugly :/

At least I still have this (even if their are scratches on it)

PVRPCX2.jpg

I have a EVGA GTX260 with a lifetime warranty. I wish it would die so I could RMA it. I cant imagine they have a 260 in stock to replace it with so what do they do?
Do they refund my money, getting several hundred £'s for a 260 would be awesome.
Do they replace it with something of comparable performance? Returning a £300(guess) graphics card and getting a sub £100 card in return is unacceptable to me.
Do they replace it with something comparable? Back in the day it was the second fastest NV card you could buy so do they send me a RTX3080 ?

I have a EVGA GTX260 with a lifetime warranty. I wish it would die so I could RMA it. I cant imagine they have a 260 in stock to replace it with so what do they do?
Do they refund my money, getting several hundred £'s for a 260 would be awesome.
Do they replace it with something of comparable performance? Returning a £300(guess) graphics card and getting a sub £100 card in return is unacceptable to me.
Do they replace it with something comparable? Back in the day it was the second fastest NV card you could buy so do they send me a RTX3080 ?

Things like this usually goes case by case and you can "haggle" with them. At least that was the case for me (with different part)

Hadnt seen this thread yet, but nice idea! I have many old GPUs and other old hardware laying around, also thinking of having them behind some plastic glass on shelves with lighting :p
The voodoo's, Ti4200 and 9700pro desevering special places, FX5800Ultra also on a 'special' place :D

Lol, i seriously doubt that 'lifetime' warranty is going to work out like any of those suggestions ;) But hey, go ahead and stress the thing 24/7 and just wait :p

The problem is the bugger wont die ;)
I had a bfg card with lifetime warranty, but they went bankrupt before the card died. I think it is totally fair for them to give you a card with similar performance though. Maybe I'll stick the diamond tnt2 ultra with my old steel box copy of quake 3 on a shelf somewhere.

The problem is the bugger wont die ;)

Nothing a set of tweezers or other conductive material accidentally dropped onto it while plugged and turned on won't solve...

I should come up with some way to display this old thing

i also still have my (sadly broken) voodoo5 5500 at my parents' house

Attachments

• Hercules 4500 sm.png
    Hercules 4500 sm.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
Back