FREE Games List [2008-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was also in the July Humble Choice and the Australia Fire Relief bundles.

Edit: It's on GamePass for PC, too.

Last edited:
“Chance to claim a free [Steam key] copy” of Little Nightmares by giving Bandai Namco your email by the 17th. “Supplies are limited.” US and EU (Reddit says EU keys exhausted, may have to try tomorrow).

An update on the fallout 4 mod :

Fallout The Frontier, a major overhaul mod for Fallout New Vegas that is 27GB in size, is currently available for download. This is the largest expansion mod for Fallout New Vegas. According to the team, The Frontier will bring a new gameplay experience to Fallout New Vegas. It will also have 3 major questlines, 50+ side quests, improved graphics and better combat mechanics. For instance, it will have boss battles, aerial dogfights and airborne assaults, as well as arena battles. The team describes Fallout The Frontier as an unofficial super DLC expansion. It is also shaping up to be one of if not the largest mod for Fallout New Vegas. This mod features over 27,000 lines of fully voiced dialogue from hundreds of actors, hundreds of new characters, over 150 new unique and interesting weapons, hundreds of new armours, and the best drivable vehicles for Fallout New Vegas. Looks like Steam version is not available right now, so please download it from here :
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/68009

xcnRcK6.jpg

Haxity Goes Completely Free
Megapop announces that Haxity is now available for free on Steam offering all the content of this deck-building game without any costs or microtransactions. This is the result of their decision that it is no longer viable for them to support the game. Here's the unfortunate news:
While we have received lots of positive feedback on the game, with a range of voices calling it the best deck-builder they have ever played, we have sadly not succeeded in making ‘Haxity’ a commercial success. At least not yet.

Being an indie game developer is inherently about managing risks. It is difficult to make a commercially successful game, while penetrating the “jungle of attention”. We knew we were taking risks when we decided to make a new type of PvP card game. The deck-builder genre hadn’t even had its major breakthrough when we started developing Haxity. That kind of risk. We also knew we were taking a risk when we made the game a fair “premium” game, vs. making it all free. That our final year of development and hype stretch ended up in the middle of a global pandemic was an added ‘bonus’ to those risks.
Sadly, all these risks have reached their conclusion, for now. And it did not end up the way we have worked so hard for.

Rage 2 seems like a very cool free giveway to me. Definitely looking forward to giving this a try. Epic is seriously rocking the free games lately.

Rage 2 has fun combat. That’s an improvement on Mad Max, which is a similar game (open world, drive everywhere, convoys as vehicle combat boss fights).

Black Desert Online is free on Steam until the 10th. It's an MMORPG that's normally $20, and that's about as much as I know about it.

In case people wanted something a bit more descriptive. BDO is basically an online massively multiplayer 3rd person over the shoulder Action RPG with a heavy emphasis on Combo oriented fast paced combat combined with extensive world building and PvP.

In other words, if someone's concept of an MMORPG is WoW or Everquest, there are almost Zero similarities between BDO and those games other than it happens in a large open world. It's actually closer to something like God of War than it is to WoW or EQ. Well, that's if GoW had world building, free exploration, farming, harvesting, crafting, fishing, boat building, house building, house decorating, multiplayer, extensive character customization, wild horse taming, etc. etc.

It's an amazing game with graphics that were at the time top tier with character creation that was head and shoulders above anything else on the market (single or multiplayer). The action combat is also far ahead of many single player 3rd person over the shoulder action games.

However, just be aware that the end game features a signature of Korean MMOs ... grinding and lots of it. But even with that, it can be an extremely enjoyable game and there are potentially hundreds of hours of gameplay to be had (depending on what you are into) even without getting into end game grinding.

Regards,
SB

Last edited:
In case people wanted something a bit more descriptive. BDO is basically an online massively multiplayer 3rd person over the shoulder Action RPG with a heavy emphasis on Combo oriented fast paced combat combined with extensive world building and PvP.

In other words, if someone's concept of an MMORPG is WoW or Everquest, there are almost Zero similarities between BDO and those games other than it happens in a large open world. It's actually closer to something like God of War than it is to WoW or EQ. Well, that's if GoW had world building, free exploration, farming, harvesting, crafting, fishing, boat building, house building, house decorating, multiplayer, extensive character customization, wild horse taming, etc. etc.

It's an amazing game with graphics that were at the time top tier with character creation that was head and shoulders above anything else on the market (single or multiplayer). The action combat is also far ahead of many single player 3rd person over the shoulder action games.

However, just be aware that the end game features a signature of Korean MMOs ... grinding and lots of it. But even with that, it can be an extremely enjoyable game and there are potentially hundreds of hours of gameplay to be had (depending on what you are into) even without getting into end game grinding.

Regards,
SB

The graphics really do look gorgeous. Weirdly low requirements for such graphics though, I wonder if that's a mismatch between the original and remastered version. I'd definitively pick this up if I had the time to play it. Unfortunately I'm barely 50% through Assassins Creed Odyssey right now with a backlog of at least half a dozen AAA games and growing, so the last thing I need is another game that will suck up 100's of hours! Especially as I only get single digit hours per week to game these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back