Intel ARC GPUs, Xe Architecture for dGPUs [2018-2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's the deal with the mgpu stuff? Like wasnt it supposed to use the integrated gpu and the discrete but present to the system as a single gpu with double the shaders and such?

Ok, going through it all.

512 Execution Units: https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-confirms-dg2-gpu-xe-hpg-features-up-to-512-execution-units
Performance of 96 EU: https://www.pcgamer.com/intel-tiger-lake-i7-1185g7-xe-performance-benchmarks/
Metro Exodus 1080p Ultra no raytracing (no idea there yet): 13 fps average for maximum performance
Thus performance estimate (roughly): 80 fps 1080p Metro Exodus Ultra no RT

For reference, 6800 xt is at 130fps for that. RTX 3080 is at... 130 as well. Which gives us an overall idea of Intel's first product, which is to say not high end. More along the lines of a 3060ti, or the upcoming 6700(?) series, with the big unknown being RT performance. With competition for that segment seeming pretty high this year hopefully we'll see heavy price competition.

Ok, going through it all.

512 Execution Units: https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-confirms-dg2-gpu-xe-hpg-features-up-to-512-execution-units
Performance of 96 EU: https://www.pcgamer.com/intel-tiger-lake-i7-1185g7-xe-performance-benchmarks/
Metro Exodus 1080p Ultra no raytracing (no idea there yet): 13 fps average for maximum performance
Thus performance estimate (roughly): 80 fps 1080p Metro Exodus Ultra no RT

For reference, 6800 xt is at 130fps for that. RTX 3080 is at... 130 as well. Which gives us an overall idea of Intel's first product, which is to say not high end. More along the lines of a 3060ti, or the upcoming 6700(?) series, with the big unknown being RT performance. With competition for that segment seeming pretty high this year hopefully we'll see heavy price competition.
You forget one thing: Xe-LP != Xe-HPG
We don't know whether HPG EU's are the same as LP

Honestly, I think DG2 is a real life test run for them. Having a product out with good driver is a big thing in itself. It's done with their 10nm ? or 14 ? If drivers are good, and perfs around 3060ti but with a real availability , that's may be interesting...

Honestly, I think DG2 is a real life test run for them. Having a product out with good driver is a big thing in itself. It's done with their 10nm ? or 14 ? If drivers are good, and perfs around 3060ti but with a real availability , that's may be interesting...
Rumours point to DG2 being outsourced to TSMC 6nm.

You forget one thing: Xe-LP != Xe-HPG
We don't know whether HPG EU's are the same as LP

I believe they said their EU's are nigh the same across all lines, and it's just other parts/features that are swapped out.

Looking at the numbers again... if they can get the frequency high enough it might compete with a 3070, but that's a big question mark.

I believe they said their EU's are nigh the same across all lines, and it's just other parts/features that are swapped out.

Looking at the numbers again... if they can get the frequency high enough it might compete with a 3070, but that's a big question mark.
They've said that at least the vector pipes are configurable in the EUs and I doubt that means in runtime, which suggests not all EUs in different Xes are equal

Intel Iris Xe UHD 750 IGP inside Rocket Lake-S (11500 ) equals GeForce GT 1030 in perf (guru3d.com)
February 15, 2021
Over at the bilibili site performance of the integrated graphics that will be empowering Rocket Lake-S processors (11th generation of Intel Core), the Intel Iris Xe UHD 750 has been leaked. The results show its performance in 3DMark. A Core i5-11500 6-core, 12-thread CPU will feature a base frequency of 2.70 GHz. In the test, a MSI Z590-A Pro motherboard was used paired with 32GB of 3200MHz DDR4 RAM.

With a 3DMark Time Spy score of 1053, these Intel Iris Xe perform essentially the same as an NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030, which is around 1100-1200 points. If you compare it with the previous Intel UHD 630 graphics then you'll notice a performance improvement of give or take 50% Compared to AMD the performance is quite a notch slower, Radeon VEGA from in an APU like the Ryzen 7 4750G scores ~1600 points.

index.php

Fun fact: the most recent official driver for Xe IGP .9168 does not support Mesh Shader yet.

Do external developers have access to a Xe driver with Mesh Shader support? Anyone reading this?

Fun fact: the most recent official driver for Xe IGP .9168 does not support Mesh Shader yet.

Do external developers have access to a Xe driver with Mesh Shader support? Anyone reading this?

I don't think Xe-LP supports mesh shaders. I think it'll be Xe-HPG that'll support mesh shaders and maybe DX12 Ultimate as well too ...

I don't think Xe-LP supports mesh shaders. I think it'll be Xe-HPG that'll support mesh shaders and maybe DX12 Ultimate as well too ...
Considering they've confirmed RT support, it's hard to imagine Intel not supporting DX12U with Xe-HPG

New specs leaked. There is a model that could be around the AMD 6700XT in performance.

https://www.pcgamer.com/intel-xe-specs-leak/

This could be Intel's greatest chance. I'd buy one if they can block mining and those pirate miners. I can't stand them. Now there are GPU "experts" appearing under the rocks. Damn human soul

Yeah, they don't need to beat the competition, they just need good drivers and be available... But I don't know if Intel will chose to nerf eth mining algorithm...

New specs leaked. There is a model that could be around the AMD 6700XT in performance.

https://www.pcgamer.com/intel-xe-specs-leak/

This could be Intel's greatest chance. I'd buy one if they can block mining and those pirate miners. I can't stand them. Now there are GPU "experts" appearing under the rocks. Damn human soul

Well, Intel would be past PS5 at that point. Im sure they can improve and hopefully bring some competition. Perhaps, they can do ray tracing, somewhat close to NV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back