Horizon Zero Dawn [PC]

Maybe horizon get's handled same as spiderman. Buy some kind of 70$+ ultimate bundle to get remastered horizon + the new game.

Only in console. Pays off to watch what happens after end credits :)
Yes, yes it does. ;)

I finally finished it on PS4 Pro a couple of weeks ago. Curious about overall experiences with the PC version on various hardware though.

Considering it's the company known for Killzone(s), which are some rather brain-dead, superficial sci-bro shooters, I thought it was a pretty solid action-adventure. It was a big risk for them but obviously they got the resources they needed to make it happen. I hope the next game steps up the quality in every respect though.

Last edited:
Yes, yes it does. ;)

I finally finished it on PS4 Pro a couple of weeks ago. Curious about overall experiences with the PC version on various hardware though.

Considering it's the company known for Killzone(s), which are some rather brain-dead, superficial sci-bro shooters, I thought it was a pretty solid action-adventure. It was a big risk for them but obviously they got the resources they needed to make it happen. I hope the next game steps up the quality in every aspect though.

Continuation to horizon is my most expected game at the moment. The story is interesting. Hopefully the story also has end in mind and doesn't continue forever. I was pretty surprised how well guerrilla executed considering it was their first open world game and completely different stuff than killzone.

I wonder how pure pc players see horizon. In my mind it was of witcher3 done better(open world, interesting plot, lot of fighting and upgrading/leveling up).

Continuation to horizon is my most expected game at the moment. The story is interesting. Hopefully the story also has end in mind and doesn't continue forever. I was pretty surprised how well guerrilla executed considering it was their first open world game and completely different stuff than killzone.

I wonder how pure pc players see horizon. In my mind it was of witcher3 done better(open world, interesting plot, lot of fighting and upgrading/leveling up).
Horizon seemed like a mixture of modern Far Cry and Zelda games I've played. They did their homework on popular action-adventures and picked the elements that they thought worked well, and kept the complexity of it all to a level they thought would work for the mainstream audience. I think they put in enough save points and resource pickups! ;) Fast travel, checkbox checked! The storyline is somewhat original and seemed well thought out for the most part, and the robo-dinos are unique and awesome.

I think one of the biggest disappointments was the lack of any significant NPC development, which I suppose isn't surprising for the genre. It only had a few memorable characters and only the most basic interaction with them.

Horizon seemed like a mixture of modern Far Cry and Zelda games I've played. They did their homework on popular action-adventures and picked the elements that they thought worked well, and kept the complexity of it all to a level they thought would work for the mainstream audience. I think they put in enough save points and resource pickups! ;) Fast travel, checkbox checked! The storyline is somewhat original and seemed well thought out for the most part, and the robo-dinos are unique and awesome.

I think one of the biggest disappointments was the lack of any significant NPC development, which I suppose isn't surprising for the genre. It only had a few memorable characters and only the most basic interaction with them.

Completely agree on everything you wrote. I kind of understand the character development side as the focus seemed to be more on the story and characters served story instead of other way around. This is one of those things I hope second game can do better now that the stage has been set. Also guerrilla has had enough time to do second game so they hopefully would make it deeper experience.

This probably sounds like me making excuses but one thing that kept me going in first part was the mystery. It was needed to not know too much. This is why I hope horizon has solid ending so they can fill in the gaps and explain things and character motivations in second and potentially third game. Basically bring everything to some conclusion and answer open items.

:oops:
What keeps you coming back for more?
First time I just ran through the main story as fast as possible because it intrigued me, next few run throughs were exploring the world and doing a bunch of side missions...but then I get hooked on the main plot and end up finishing it before finishing many side mission, so I try again.

I enjoy it? It runs well, looks great, I like the mechanics and characters, and I can watch Alloys ass run around all day long. :p

I purposefully didn't play horizon again. I tend to get bored if I play similar game too many times. I was worried that if I play too much horizon 1 I wouldn't enjoy the second part as it's likely more of the same :/ I hope horizon2 is more than just the same thing packaged again.

I purposefully didn't play horizon again. I tend to get bored if I play similar game too many times. I was worried that if I play too much horizon 1 I wouldn't enjoy the second part as it's likely more of the same :/ I hope horizon2 is more than just the same thing packaged again.
Did you play the Frozen North DLC? I really liked it, almost like a quicky sequel.

I would play it if it had come with the edition of the game I have. I'm working through the Control DLC because it came with the Ultimate Edition.
I really enjoyed Control too. Loved one of the DLCs, the other was ok. (But I'm not a fan of the other game it involves)

Control I think pushes my system to just about its max limits, but it looks and plays great. Another one where the story sucked me in.

Old thread resurrection!!

Does anyone know of any mods for this that increase the draw distance on PC? As even on Ultra it's still quite poor.

Last edited:
wouldn't they work on moving HZDFW to PC before remaking the first one?

You're way too beautiful girl
That's why it'll never work
You'll have me suicidal, suicidal
When you say it's over

Some mods for the game:

Back