CYBERPUNK 2077 [PC Specific Patches and Settings]

This searches for the Hex Pattern and changes it to 0xEB. @Unknown Soldier indicated he had better performance using 0x74 instead of 0xEB.

Hex Pattern: 0x75, 0xCC, 0x33, 0xC9, 0xB8, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x0F, 0xA2, 0x8B, 0xC8, 0xC1, 0xF9, 0x08
New Byte: 0xEB;

SMT Patching Coding @ https://github.com/yamashi/PerformanceOverhaulCyberpunk/blob/master/src/smt_amd_patch.cpp

The original instruction code 0x75 performs a test and jumps to a location based on results of the test, code 0x74 changes the test, and 0xEB will jump to the location without doing the test.
Yeah. I tried EB but got better performance with 74 on my 8 core 5800X. With 75 I got around 33% usage, with EB I got 40% and with 74 I got 44% or more. I can do a few more tests with all.

Can you setup a simulated 4C/8T CPU and test with 1.05 non-HexEdit? If the following supposition is correct, you'll probably be seeing around 51 FPS, the same as your 8C/16T 1.05 non-HexEdit.

If I understood what they said and did for AMD CPUs

With patch 1.05 in place:
  • 4C/8T CPU = default 8 threads
  • 6C/12T CPU = default 12 threads
  • 8C/16T CPU = default 8 threads
  • 12C/24T CPU = default 12 threads
  • 16C/32T CPU = default 16 threads

With the HexEdit in place for 1.04 or 1.05:
  • 4C/8T CPU = default 8 threads
  • 6C/12T CPU = default 12 threads
  • 8C/16T CPU = default 16 threads
  • 12C/24T CPU = default 24 threads
  • 16C/32T CPU = default 32 threads

Here's the simulated 4C/8T R3 1500X results

1.05 no hex
4c8t_1.5_rlkxp.png

1.05 hex edit
4c8t_hex_cyberpunk20724j6d.png

4C+4SMT(47 FPS) is slower than real 8C (51FPS), I think it's no surprise for anyone.

Isn't there a PC gaming thread in B3D, what good is all the hex editing and stuff for us poor console gamers.

Well there's not much console specific talk about the game other than it being delisted and a bit of a train wreck on last-gen consoles.

While the various PC specific tweaks gives insight into what should and should not be expected from genuine NextGen PS5/SeriesX versions. I am curious if the AMD SMT fix is implemented the same for consoles, if so they could gain performance on NextGen with the HexEdits since those have 7C/14T for the game. Also the PC mods can give an insight into what a better bug fixed version could play like.

New So did some tests and ran a run down town. All hex edits were within 1-3fps during all the runs. That's original 75, EB and 74.

CPU though, see attached.

Yeah, no way would I run with original 0x75 on 8C/16T AMD CPU despite fps being close in some situations. Some said game felt smoother with the HexEdits and seeing all that idle and spikey CPU on 0x75 could explain why.

Yeah, no way would I run with original 0x75 on 8C/16T AMD CPU despite fps being close in some situations. Some said game felt smoother with the HexEdits and seeing all that idle and spikey CPU on 0x75 could explain why.
Yeah, did the runs again but captured the CPU highs at one spot which seemed to have the highest CPU usage. See attached.

Hex 75 had a high of 54% while the other two were over 70%

Attachments

• Run Through 74.jpg
    Run Through 74.jpg
    960.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Run Through 75.jpg
    Run Through 75.jpg
    885.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Run Through EB.jpg
    Run Through EB.jpg
    1,022.6 KB · Views: 13
Patch 1.12 is out for PC:

Hotfix 1.12 is now available.

This update addresses the vulnerability that could be used as part of remote code execution (including save files):
  • Fixed a buffer overrun issue.
  • Removed/replaced non-ASLR DLLs.

40MB

I suppose I will have to change F5 to EB again. And the answer is yes.

upload_2021-2-7_10-15-23.png

40MB

I suppose I will have to change F5 to EB again. And the answer is yes.

View attachment 5251
Ok, I can't even get into the game now and no sound. Even with the original file set at F5.

Nice work CDPR. Issue a hotfix that breaks the game. At this point, I might as well uninstall.

It goes to a point while starting up then freezes.

Started Verifying the files for the game. about 4 minutes ago.

Ok, I can't even get into the game now and no sound. Even with the original file set at F5.

Nice work CDPR. Issue a hotfix that breaks the game. At this point, I might as well uninstall.

It goes to a point while starting up then freezes.

Started Verifying the files for the game. about 4 minutes ago.

The game works fine by me, I suspect something else is broken on your system.

The game works fine by me, I suspect something else is broken on your system.
Well I'm not the only one. I've gone and uninstalled it. I don't have time for this shit.

upload_2021-2-7_12-35-46.png

Attachments

• upload_2021-2-7_12-35-22.png
    upload_2021-2-7_12-35-22.png
    263.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I'm betting more people will be complaining shortly that the game crashes with this patch.

The glance I had at Steam yesterday did not show any signs of that, will take a look again

Just skimmed 37 pages on the 1.12 hotfix thread on Steam, did not see this being mentioned.

I do see this issues on the GOG forums...sound like the GOG version has a potential issue, try this:

GOG Launcher allows you to roll back to any version.
Click the button with the 2 sliders at the top of the Cyberpunk page > Manage Installation > Configure and from that page select the version you want to install.

The game runs so bad on my Vega ... Even when I look at the sky with nothing else in sight, it's around 55 fps... I'll wait until I can get my hand on a next gen gpu...

Last edited:
The game runs so bad on my Vega ... Even when I look at the sky with nothing else in sight, it's around 55 fps... I'll wait until I can get my hand on a next gen gpu...

55FPS on a Freesync monitor is very playable ;)
Just giving you additional option on top of buying new GPU.
I think going with VRR monitor is one of the biggest improvements to gaming in recent years.

EDIT:
@Unknown Soldier
GOG here on Radeon 6800XT and Zen3 - Patch 1.12 works just fine, but I have no modded my game just yet, in case this has any bearing on your issue.

Last edited:
i've freesync, and I can't play the game only looking at the sky ;) ... I meant it doesn't make any sense to have only 55 fps when nothing is displayed...

Back