just a link (no i don't want to comment)

yikes.gif
NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! NOT ANOTHER THREAD ON THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bolt.gif

and always, they will continue to say these things without providing even the slightest point of reference between the animal tested and humans. The same way they can get off claiming inducing Lordosis in rats is an indication a male rat is homosexual...

Numerous testing has been done on the volumes, sizes, design, shap etc of the human brain comparing known heterosexual and homosexual subjects. All tests have proved inconclusive.

well i'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest the possibility that sheep brains might be a bit easier to analyse than human brains.

but anyway Legion, do you doubt any possablity that your bi-sexuality is a physically inherent trait?

Even if the brain were different at death, who's to say what caused what?

Does the right of my brain have more connections because I exercise it more, or do I exercise it more because it has more connection...

RussSchultz said:
Even if the brain were different at death, who's to say what caused what?

Does the right of my brain have more connections because I exercise it more, or do I exercise it more because it has more connection...

This is very true. Such evidence was turned up in Levay research that STDs lead to a number of abnormalities in brains of his subjects.

I think its safe to say evolutionary psychology has done little to explain the expanse of human behavior.

kyleb said:
well i'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest the possibility that sheep brains might be a bit easier to analyse than human brains.

but anyway Legion, do you doubt any possablity that your bi-sexuality is a physically inherent trait?

i've come to the conclusion that it is not inherent. I have lists of reasons why (namely sexuality is not dimorphic: having two forms). In terms of orientations there are numerous forms. Pedophilia, Bisexuality, Homo and heterosexuality, necrophilia, etc etc. Can all of these things be explained on a genetic lvl? Have they been explained? No. Generally evolutionary psychologists turn to circular logic when "supporting" their rants with evidence. For example suggesting relationship are a mechanism evolved to create offspring. This is utter bullshit of course because their reasoning doesn't adequately explain infidelity, abortion, contraception, and sexual behaviors such as anal sex which would never render pregnancy....hopefully....Do they bother to explain this behaviors? No, they avoid addressing them. This is why i see evolutionary psychology, as it applies to humans, as one of the largest farces of the 20th century.

Legion said:
kyleb said:

i've come to the conclusion that it is not inherent. I have lists of reasons why (namely sexuality is not dimorphic: having two forms). In terms of orientations there are numerous forms. Pedophilia, Bisexuality, Homo and heterosexuality, necrophilia, etc etc. Can all of these things be explained on a genetic lvl? Have they been explained? No. Generally evolutionary psychologists turn to circular logic when "supporting" their rants with evidence. For example suggesting relationship are a mechanism evolved to create offspring. This is utter bullshit of course because their reasoning doesn't adequately explain infidelity, abortion, contraception, and sexual behaviors such as anal sex which would never render pregnancy....hopefully....Do they bother to explain this behaviors? No, they avoid addressing them. This is why i see evolutionary psychology, as it applies to humans, as one of the largest farces of the 20th century.
Legion is correct. Everyone stop your research, go home, Legion has decided for us. No need to find out if there is any correlation between your genes and your sexual preference. The last researcher please turn off the lights on your way out. :rolleyes:

later,
epic

epicstruggle said:
Legion said:
kyleb said:

Legion is correct. Everyone stop your research, go home, Legion has decided for us. No need to find out if there is any correlation between your genes and your sexual preference. The last researcher please turn off the lights on your way out. :rolleyes:

later,
epic

Until they are able to turn up genes which are examples of what they stated what have they proven? Associations? These associations some how proven what they are stating? Correlation = causation...

Legion said:
Until they are able to turn up genes which are examples of what they stated what have they proven? Associations? These associations some how proven what they are stating? Correlation = causation...
So does that mean they shouldnt research to find out what the heck is going on. Come on, if your scared of what might be found, say so. But dont try to stop valid research.

later,
epic

epicstruggle said:
Legion said:
So does that mean they shouldnt research to find out what the heck is going on. Come on, if your scared of what might be found, say so. But dont try to stop valid research.

later,
epic

That all depends on their nature of research. If they are starting with the thesis that behaviors are genetic because we have evolved (thusly all behaviors are evidence of evolution :rolleyes: ) then they aren't achieving anything. I detest their circular logic. All evolutionary psychology is is the revival of an 80 year old, long dead portion of psychology known as instinct theory.

Can you name anything evolutionary psychologist have proven within the realms of man? I surely can not. All they have done is proffer their agenda and perspective. They have never provided anything conclusive.

I'd believe for most gay people it would not matter much whether it was 'proven' their sexual behaviour is the result of genes, differences in brain or learned behaviour or whatever. Possibly it is even diiferent 'reasons' for different individuals.

I just don't see what there is 'to be scared of', apart from that whatever the scientific result will be, homophobics will still say it is wrong just because of that.

Legion said:
That all depends on their nature of research. If they are starting with the thesis that behaviors are genetic because we have evolved (thusly all behaviors are evidence of evolution :rolleyes: ) then they aren't achieving anything. I detest their circular logic. All evolutionary psychology is is the revival of an 80 year old, long dead portion of psychology known as instinct theory.
If they can definately prove their theories, and then other researchers can replicate their results. What does it matter what their preconceived theories are. The point is whether or not they can find a link. Thats it, dont make it into something its not.

later,
epic

rabidrabbit said:
I'd believe for most gay people it would not matter much whether it was 'proven' their sexual behaviour is the result of genes, differences in brain or learned behaviour or whatever. Possibly it is even diiferent 'reasons' for different individuals.

I just don't see what there is 'to be scared of', apart from that whatever the scientific result will be, homophobics will still say it is wrong just because of that.
Exactly, there is nothing to be scared of. They have a theory and want to prove it or disprove it. It wont affect gays whether or not its in their genes or if its the enviromnent. But the research should not be stopped because of naysayers.

later,
epic

rabidrabbit said:

Is this relevant to the topic?

epicstruggle said:
rabidrabbit said:

Exactly, there is nothing to be scared of. They have a theory and want to prove it or disprove it. It wont affect gays whether or not its in their genes or if its the enviromnent. But the research should not be stopped because of naysayers.

later,
epic

:rolleyes: No one was arguing if there was something to be afraid of. We were discussing the factual nature behind the psychobabel evolutionary psychologists spew.

Legion said:
:rolleyes: No one was arguing if there was something to be afraid of. We were discussing the factual nature behind the psychobabel evolutionary psychologists spew.
Why do you care what they say. IF they can prove it, then comment on that. What I say, or you, or even they say is not scientific proof. THEY actually have to prove it, and then have other confirm their results. They do have the right to say what ever crap they believe in.

later,
epic

Why do you care what they say.

The same reason i care about what Moore says. I do not like liars or those who deliberately mislead.

IF they can prove it, then comment on that.

Trust me, i am waiting for them to point out a gene sequence to me that explains why my fiance gives money to beggars.

What I say, or you, or even they say is not scientific proof. THEY actually have to prove it, and then have other confirm their results. They do have the right to say what ever crap they believe in.

later,
epic

Heres the problem. They never do prove what they say but some how it gets large of amounts of public air time. Its about an agenda not real science.

Legion said:
Heres the problem. They never do prove what they say but some how it gets large of amounts of public air time. Its about an agenda not real science.
So why not just complain about the media that cover them. They are at fault of pandering to an ignorant audience. These people have the right to say crap, they dont have the right to have it covered as news. So your anger should be directed at the correct party: the news media.

later,
epic

epicstruggle said:
Legion said:
So why not just complain about the media that cover them. They are at fault of pandering to an ignorant audience. These people have the right to say crap, they dont have the right to have it covered as news. So your anger should be directed at the correct party: the news media.

later,
epic

Epic its not just how the media presents them. Levay, Hamer, and Bailey certainly are examples of how evolutionary psychologists have worked hand in hand with the media to distort their research.

Back