PC talk in the Console forums

In this day and age, with games being universally avialable on all platforms, with consoles basically having the same (midrange) hardware, and exclusives declining as compared to say 6th gen etc, ye, it makes sense to combine all platforms as happens basically already today here.

I can imagine though, that with hex edits, ini file tweaks and other pc specific things like that could have its own space or be masked etc, like Brit proposed.
Such discussions could be long-going (hex edit CP2077 for example), or other CPU/GPU tweaks and edits.
All that said, its basically only CP2077, for the other games, its not much of a problem.

I've noticed B3D getting quieter of late. And quite a bit more platform warring going on (and I don't claim to be innocent). If you check out the notable members section and then consider how many of them still post here regularly, it doesn't look great. I'd say the last thing we need right now is to start segregating the people that are left. Personally, as a PC gamer, I enjoy hearing the perspectives of the console guys, even those I regularly disagree with. Right now, we need to be encouraging open, intelligent conversation, and clamping down on those that want to stoke platform wars. We definitely don't want to be siloing those that are still here.

Also, one of the driving forces behind B3D's legendary status back in the day when I joined was the technical analysis articles. I'd seriously consider starting those up again if possible and drawing the devs back in.

Checked in the Cyberpunk thread and predictably it's become a PC vs console argument.

Is there really that much "PC" tech/modding related posts in the CP2077 thread? Just guessing but would say there are more posts in that thread talking about PS2.
You don't need to guess you can look. I linked to it above.

Separate threads for discussing gameplay and a thread for PC performance works on resetera.

Hopefully the recent post moving has helped.

There is now a CP2077 thread specifically for PC Patches and Settings. Having some issues searching thread only at the moment, so may have missed some, but I think a good portion was moved.

There were also posts moved into a PC Console discussion that had nothing to do with the game. Hopefully that issue can stay isolated there.

Tech focused game related threads should be open to discussion of all platforms the game is announced for. That means DF threads for games which have PC versions should be open to PC talk.. they shouldn't just be relegated to console discussion only. If they aren't on a specific platform, there should be no talk about it until it is.

The forum isn't really active enough for PC specific stuff to keep them all separate IMO. I myself prefer to talk about PC and only really enjoy talking about the new gen consoles specifically in how they relate to PC. I'm part of the problem I guess.. although I do like to try to stay on topic.

Perhaps we need a DF/NXG/VGTech general sub forum which is specifically about tech related content by those communities.. where we can all be free to participate. Any game related threads which pertain to the game itself can be separated into the console side and PC side?

Just a suggestion anyway.

The forum has gotten more platform war focused than I think I've ever seen before. That's the only time that a PC presence in the console section is irksome.

When a few people are having a genuinely interesting discussion, it tends to get thrown off by some muppet who rattled off some variant of "4>3 pfft u r lame" in addition to other keys that have been pressed by skittles falling out of their constantly open holes.

There are plenty of PC gamers who frequent the console forums, and they're as fun to speak to as anyone else. But there are some (two in particular IMO) who would empty a table at a pub.

The forum has gotten more platform war focused than I think I've ever seen before. That's the only time that a PC presence in the console section is irksome.
I agree. Last year, being console launch years, was grim. Some people just have some weird insecurity about seeing others enjoying their thing and they can't let them just enjoy their thing, they have to make everything a comparison to the thing they like. WTF is wrong with these people? :|

Comparisons and platform wars will exist forever, or atleast aslong as platfoms will exist. And with that in special consoles. The amount of Xbox vs PS dwarfs that of PC vs console here, and in special Nintendo which never makes an appearance anywhere basically. The DF thread is subject to most console vs pc, since DF actually does that kind of comparisons. RTX2070/S seems to be the main competitor for some reason to the PS5.

From time to time, theres also annoyingly console (and with that, PS5) talk happening in say Nvidia or AMD (RX serie) going on, to the point of GPU warring because theres an AMD GPU in there.

I've noticed B3D getting quieter of late. And quite a bit more platform warring going on (and I don't claim to be innocent). If you check out the notable members section and then consider how many of them still post here regularly, it doesn't look great. I'd say the last thing we need right now is to start segregating the people that are left. Personally, as a PC gamer, I enjoy hearing the perspectives of the console guys, even those I regularly disagree with. Right now, we need to be encouraging open, intelligent conversation, and clamping down on those that want to stoke platform wars. We definitely don't want to be siloing those that are still here.

Also, one of the driving forces behind B3D's legendary status back in the day when I joined was the technical analysis articles. I'd seriously consider starting those up again if possible and drawing the devs back in.

Hate to say it because I'm insulting myself but there's way too many casuals here now (I'm a casual :LOL:. I do try and stick to hitting the like button as opposed to posting regularly though). That and console warring seem to be driving away some of the special people that make B3D different and better than other forums.

Back