Sony alliance with Kadokawa (From Software) and CyberAgent [2021]

chris1515

Legend
Supporter
From ggx2ac on era

Kadokawa will be issuing to CyberAgent 1,422,475 shares and Sony 1,422,475 shares at a price of ¥3,515 per share on February 19th, 2021.

After the shares have been issued, CyberAgent and Sony will each own 1.93% of total shares in Kadokawa.

https://ssl4.eir-parts.net/doc/9468/ir_material_for_fiscal_ym7/94862/00.pdf

https://ssl4.eir-parts.net/doc/9468/tdnet/1926901/00.pdf

EDIT:
Maybe a Bloodborne 2?

5_BILLION_YEN_X_2.PNG

Last edited:
It may not be anything to do with games, they keep referring to Sony Group (which is a different part of Sony) and Sony are absolutely rubbish at vertical integration of their businesses. Sony definitely are gradually cornering the market in terms of TV distribution of anime in North America though.

It may not be anything to do with games, they keep referring to Sony Group (which is a different part of Sony) and Sony are absolutely rubbish at vertical integration of their businesses. Sony definitely are gradually cornering the market in terms of TV distribution of anime in North America though.

Kadokwa speaks of global expansion in anime and games for Sony, they are better than Kadokawa out of Japan. For Cyberagent this is precise too they want to exploit the fact they are good to make smartphone games.

They can't talk about Sony interactive entertainement, they are not working on anime and the anime part of Sony is not working on consumer games.

EtXdnAoVEAIoSBS

I'm not getting my hopes up, This could be something as innocuous as cheaper PlayStation licensing or Sony as a publisher on PC. The utter lack of the words "PlayStation" to me is quite telling. Of course it could just be badly drafted.

I'm not getting my hopes up, This could be something as innocuous as cheaper PlayStation licensing or Sony as a publisher on PC. The utter lack of the words "PlayStation" to me is quite telling. Of course it could just be badly drafted.

The only division out of Playstation doing games is Sony Music with some fate/Grand order games, this is smartphone games. Here if it was the interest they would have said like CyberAgent smartphone games based on anime for example but they aren't doing as much games as CyberAgent(Cygames) on smartphone.

This does not means every games will be made with Playstation but without any alliance From software did two games with Sony as the publisher (Demon's souls and Bloodborne) maybe from time to time it will help to continue to collaborate or other Kadokawa studios with smaller game like Spike/Chunsoft will collaborate too.

Japan studios is more and more used for collaboration with third party. They open Japan Xdev last year. And many lead have quit the studio too.

Edit: Cygames do some consoles game too Granblue fantasy franchise and Project Awakening.

And it made no sense why would they need Sony as a publisher on PC? This is not like the publisher they have on Soul's series or Sekiro are bad...

They talk of new IP and maximizing existing IP in anime and games.

EDIT2:

5_BILLION_YEN_X_2.PNG

Last edited:
And it made no sense why would they need Sony as a publisher on PC? This is not like the publisher they have on Soul's series or Sekiro are bad...

They talk of new IP and maximizing existing IP in anime and games.
Sony area global publisher, it may be nothing more than that. All I'm saying is, don't get your hopes up that this collaboration will deliver exciting new anime games on PlayStation. Right now it all seems a big vague - much like the strategic cloud partnership between Sony and Microsoft.

Sony area global publisher, it may be nothing more than that. All I'm saying is, don't get your hopes up that this collaboration will deliver exciting new anime games on PlayStation. Right now it all seems a big vague - much like the strategic cloud partnership between Sony and Microsoft.

I don't expect Sony to deliver anime games on Playstation. Sony doesn't create the games coming from it own anime like Demon's slayer.

https://www.thegamer.com/demon-slayer-game-coming-soon/

Here there is something easy to see on the anime side where Sony can help out of japan. After I suppose they can receive help for some transmedia games with some anime and games on publising side.

Out of From software, Kadokawa is fully anime or very japanese games. Spike Sunsoft does some publishing too maybe Sony can publish some of the games out of Japan.

Would this be too soon to see coming from Sony's acquisition of CrunchyRoll from AT&T? Also, if it was it would probably been mentioned by name, right?

I wonder what's the competion to Sony in anime department? Netflix?

Interesting how huge is Sony in big media like music, gaming and now their pivot to anime. Movies - not so much.

Back