Microsoft acquires ZeniMax Media (Bethesda, id Software, Arkane + 5 more) [2020-09-21, 2021-03-09]

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL. China protects consumers. Please.
That's not what I said. Chinese regulation exists to enable enforcement of anything that the State doesn't approve, but it's drafted in a way (like much European legislation) to capture things that impact the Chinese people (which is what I said). This means China can influence foreign deals abroad, which is very much in their interest whether in it is in interests of consumers or not (hint: it's not).

But that's how Bethesda usually does it right? They should gameplay on E3 and release during autumn.
Skyrim was announced in 2010 and launched in 2011. Fallout 3 was announced in 2004 and released in 2008. Oblivion was announced in 2004 and released in 2006 (PC/360) / 2007 (PS3).

Fallout 4 was the first time Bethesda Game Studios announced and released a game in the same year.

Skyrim was announced in 2010 and launched in 2011. Fallout 3 was announced in 2004 and released in 2008. Oblivion was announced in 2004 and released in 2006 (PC/360) / 2007 (PS3).

Fallout 4 was the first time Bethesda Game Studios announced and released a game in the same year.
Maybe I am confusing with gameplay demo or something.

Maybe I am confusing with gameplay demo or something.

no your not confused, fallout 76 launched like that,

Todd howard has said he wants the game announcement/unveiling to release date to be as short as possible, ideally a week, but as short as the marketing department will allow

Todd howard has said he wants the game announcement/unveiling to release date to be as short as possible, ideally a week, but as short as the marketing department will allow

Bethesda announced both Starfield and Elder Scrolls IV at a Bethesda's E3 conference in 2018 so uhhh..

Those were both teasers to distract from that year's game not being ESIV. They weren't unveilings as such.

They were official game announcements. As in the fact that they happened appears in the company's official reports, there were corresponding press releases etc. An announcement doesn't cease to be an announcement because you feel there wasn't much content. :nope:

They were official game announcements. As in the fact that they happened appears in the company's official reports, there were corresponding press releases etc. An announcement doesn't cease to be an announcement because you feel there wasn't much content. :nope:
I still think those announcements were nothing bringers and Bethesda did them (especially TES6 without even specifying the in-game region) to fill some quote or something. To make people talk about anything.

Good think that Starfield did not become Sony's exclusive. Would not feel right for me at least.

I still think those announcements were nothing bringers and Bethesda did them (especially TES6 without even specifying the in-game region) to fill some quote or something. To make people talk about anything.

You didn't watch the conference, did you?

no your not confused, fallout 76 launched like that,

The shorter time between announcement and release the less time (if any) a reviewer has to play the game to get a true sense of the whole rather than the preferred first act slice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back