Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

I assume you'll have one by tomorrow then ;)

Not sure what your point is but I've had more than one several weeks back but I did actively hunt for several weeks because I don't know how to use bots.

If I needed to and didn't find some before, I could just shell out that extra $ 230 to get one now, unlike some streamers who used $ 1,500 to 2,000 to get one a few days after release.

Fk yes!!! I can pick it up again finally! I knew they’d come through.

Still baffled by Naughty Dog’s complete radio silence on PS5 upgrades.

Maybe they'll do it in E3 where they'll pretty much show that the older gameplay trailer is actually the PS5 version and release it with a new single player DLC. Perhaps with the new MP as well.

I think the PS4 remaster was appreciated in no small part because it was impossible to play the PS3 version on PS4. Good luck trying to selling us remastered misery for more money, Sony :yep2:
I would agree, but Sony just remastered Spider-Man and locked it behind the purchase of it's "totally not DLC" expansion, effectively making the original game remaster DLC for the expansion. So, I wouldn't put it past them to release a Last of Us Collection that has 1+2, plus some sort of expanded story bits, with dual sense support and some RT.

I would agree, but Sony just remastered Spider-Man and locked it behind the purchase of it's "totally not DLC" expansion, effectively making the original game remaster DLC for the expansion. So, I wouldn't put it past them to release a Last of Us Collection that has 1+2, plus some sort of expanded story bits, with dual sense support and some RT.
I wonder if Sony would have bothered remastering Spider-Man if they weren't already building new (but very similar) tech for Miles Morales. Similarly The Last of Us Remastered was in part a result of the work Naughty Dog did to get their tech working on PS4. In both cases it feels like a case of confluence of timing and re-monetising work.

I will honestly be really disappointed of Naughty Dog spend any more time remaking existing games. They released four new games on PS3 and just two (and a half) on PS4. I want them to make new stuff given their output has halved in one generation. I want them to throw out a cheap and cheerful higher-res 60fps patch for TLoU Part II running on PS5 and move on to something new.

I wonder if Sony would have bothered remastering Spider-Man if they weren't already building new (but very similar) tech for Miles Morales. Similarly The Last of Us Remastered was in part a result of the work Naughty Dog did to get their tech working on PS4. In both cases it feels like a case of confluence of timing and re-monetising work.

I will honestly be really disappointed of Naughty Dog spend any more time remaking existing games. They released four new games on PS3 and just two (and a half) on PS4. I want them to make new stuff given their output has halved in one generation. I want them to throw out a cheap and cheerful higher-res 60fps patch for TLoU Part II running on PS5 and move on to something new.

Yeah, much as I'd like to play the best possible version - just having this run at 60FPS on BC would be good enough! I'd rather they put energy into new IPs and MP mode for this

There is an 868Mb firmware (v 20.02-02.50.00) update for PS5 out today. According to Sony this is what has changed:
  • The following issue was resolved: The PS4 version of the game was sometimes installed from the PS4 game disc even after upgrading the disc version of a PS4 game to the PS5 version.
  • This system software update improves system performance
Getting PlayStation firmware updates without stability improvements is weird. :yep2:

By the time I finally get my preorder it will be so very very stable and performant ...

For me, PS5 has been solid out of the gate. Before I got it I moved every game off my PS4 Pro's internal HDD onto an external SSD which I plugged into my PS5 and that was that. This was simpler than my PS4 to PS4 Pro upgrade because I wasn't using internal or external SSDs so that process was a slow backup from an internal spinning disc to an external spinning disc, upgrading the internal HDD in the PS4 Pro, then a slow restore from an external spinning disc to a slow internal spinning disc.

Any ETA on when you'll get a PS5? There was a blip of stock of PS5s and accessories (Pulse 3D is scarce) in the UK at the end of last week.

i've been encoutering some problems with my external HDD on ps5 but i think it has more to do with the HDD itself, as i had some problems with it already on ps4 pro.
i've had a game being erased without my help. And patches installation screwing up and forcing me to re download the whole game.

Back