Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

Have target framerates and resolutions been announced for Control on PS5? I seam to remember the vanilla 2060 being able to do 4k 30fps in that game with DLSS on and RT on the highest settings, but I know the DLSS implementation has changed in that title so who knows now.

Well targets for Series X just got out and it's 1440p60 no RT and 1440p30 with RT on, so I'm guessing on PS5 it will be very similar.

But it also stands to question if the Series X version is using DirectML at very least; I'd hope leveraging that a game like Control could get either 60 FPS or higher resolution on a next-gen (current-gen) system.

Its a last gen game, it should (and is going to be) performant.

It's an updated version though with higher texture quality and settings than the PS4/XBO versions, and RT enabled. The fact it seems to target 1440p30 with RT might hint AMD's Super Resolution isn't ready to go, but IIRC Super Resolution isn't a hardware-based solution.

NOTE: Only the Performance mode is available on Xbox Series S. It is targeting 60fps with no ray tracing, at 900p render resolution, and 1080p output. This is a limitation of the hardware, not the game.

Oooof :S . Don't know in what way they're saying it's a hardware limitation (design? GDK limitations?), but stuff like this is making the marketing promise of 1440p60 seem silly in retrospect. Maybe more games will start hitting that target (for just output resolution) when more of the hardware features are utilized and mastered.

I checked out PC benchmarks of Control earlier and the game is quite heavy even with RT=off. The Nvidia 2080S didn't appear to be able to hit a consistent 60hz at 1440p (everything other than RT maxed out). I can only assume the consoles, even though they're at 1440p, are not at max settings with or without RT.

I checked out PC benchmarks of Control earlier and the game is quite heavy even with RT=off. The Nvidia 2080S didn't appear to be able to hit a consistent 60hz at 1440p (everything other than RT maxed out). I can only assume the consoles, even though they're at 1440p, are not at max settings with or without RT.
edit: sorry wrong thread, thought post was about medium ;d

Last edited:

NOTE: Only the Performance mode is available on Xbox Series S. It is targeting 60fps with no ray tracing, at 900p render resolution, and 1080p output. This is a limitation of the hardware, not the game.

That's one straightforward answer. Nothing bad about the comment, just unexpected that's all.

Remedy tells it like it is in my experience. When I interviewed the team at Gamescom - they said sooo much unfiltered. It was amazing.

Maybe you already know this, but probably this is new to some folks here. Puha from remedy used to do some small shows related to internet and gaming in a small finnish tv-channel. Later on he was founder and editor in chief for finnish gaming magazine. He understands both sides of the fence. That gaming magazine is still alive(still in print, digital web page and free podast). Though it's barely alive, not too many people buy magazines anymore. https://pelaaja.fi/

Surely you can take a picture of something you have bought, without repercussions? In this case it's an X ray picture :D
It's probably quite a mundane reason, like somebody has the PS5 but they just can't physically access to the equipment to remove the APU and get it setup for an x-ray scan. This is not exactly "essential work" as permitted by most countries currently in lockdown! ;-)

PS5 are in short supply, so nobody wants sacrifice their console?

I don't know.

It's not that rare? It's just $ 230 more expensive. (700+ from scalpers)

For $ 230, sounds like super cheap for some e-brownie points if you already have access to a scanner.

I don't know.

It's not that rare? It's just $ 230 more expensive. (700+ from scalpers)

For $ 230, sounds like super cheap for some e-brownie points if you already have access to a scanner.
I assume you'll have one by tomorrow then ;)

Back