The Medium [XBSX|S, PC, PS5]

The Medium is out this Thursday on Game Pass. So we should be seeing a lot of coverage. Here's a snippet of an interview with VG247...

With Xbox Series X|S about to get its first proper console exclusive, The Medium dev Bloober Team talks about how the studio has accomplished this achievement.

The Medium is Bloober Team’s most ambitious game to date. Not only is it the biggest production the developer has taken on, but it’s also a next-gen Xbox console exclusive arriving at a time when those are practically non-existent. I spoke to The Medium Lead Designer Wojciech Piejko and Producer Jacek Zięba to find out what pressures this has put on the firm, their thoughts on Game Pass, and just what they think about Microsoft’s budget next-gen console, the Xbox Series S.

“I think it definitely is the most ambitious, because you know this dual screen and all those mechanics, but also it’s like our biggest game in terms of everything,” says Piejko. “Here we switch from the first-person to a third-person perspective which of course requires, you know, more animations and more, you know, mechanics and stuff that we know we weren’t so powerful with as a studio, so yeah, we are, you know, always trying to push ourselves further.”

https://www.vg247.com/2021/01/25/medium-interview-bloober-team-xbox/

Tommy McClain

Not liking their usage of "first proper console exclusive", when they meant "next-gen console exclusive", to differentiate it from the works of the work of other console exclusive titles that also released on last-gen Xbox One family. Just a minor nit-pick. Overall, they meant well in trying to hype the title.

The game looks fantastic. They've clearly prioritised the right aesthetic aspects. Brilliant acting, well framed cinematics, mature dialogue. All around great.

Resolution can be improved with future patches, but it's not a pressing issue anyway. Only the saddest, dweebiest of dweebs would look at a game this handsome and not allow themselves to enjoy it until it's 3840x2160 >90% of the time.

The game looks fantastic. They've clearly prioritised the right aesthetic aspects. Brilliant acting, well framed cinematics, mature dialogue. All around great.

Resolution can be improved with future patches, but it's not a pressing issue anyway. Only the saddest, dweebiest of dweebs would look at a game this handsome and not allow themselves to enjoy it until it's 3840x2160 >90% of the time.
I think the experience of seeing 2 different rendered worlds at the same time will be neat in it's own right. I will begin my playing todays

Its a game from a smaller studio, and as others noted, their doing something unusual (two worlds at the same time), considering all that, it looks nice i think. And if reviews are to be believed, its a fun/enjoyable experience, which, afterall should be the most important factor of a game you play. Yes were on B3D, graphics before anything (myself included) :D

Definitely. I haven't been following this game, so I didn't realise that's what it was doing until I watched the first 18 minutes video above. I assumed it was more along the lines of Soul Reaver.

Impressive stuff. Satisfyingly mature tone too.

enjoying it so far with about 2 hours in. Its not my typical game as i like a bit more action. However there is a weird hitching on my system. Its a 1700x , 32 gigs of ddr 3200 , nvme drive (3gb/s) and a 3080. It might be my cpu .

I don't think it's really going to matter. Feels like wherever you are most comfortable playing it to be honest. If you pick a big screen with low lighting, and big sound, pretty damn scary. The reverse should dull the experience a bit.

It's up to you, it can be creepy at times.

I don't think it's really going to matter. Feels like wherever you are most comfortable playing it to be honest. If you pick a big screen with low lighting, and big sound, pretty damn scary. The reverse should dull the experience a bit.

It's up to you, it can be creepy at times.

PC is setup like the consoles - to my TV and amp etc...have an Xbox controller for gaming too (just playing Max Payne 3 actually which is quite good) - I think the performance of the PC will likely make it the place to play...

Back