Wallstreet: The Short Squeeze of Gamestop, AMC, and other Stocks [2021]

ROFL, I love this! :love:

https://www.rawstory.com/gamestop-stock/

"FOR ALL THE BIG F*CKING HEDGE FUNDS MONITORING US, THIS IS A MESSAGE FROM US TO YOU, WE F*CKING OWN YOU NOW," the post reads. "F*CK. YOU. GO BUY THE F*CKING NEWS. LIKE AND COMMENT SO THEY SEE THIS POST. F*CK YOU MELVIN CAPITAL. F*CK YOU CITRON RESARCH. YOU HAVENT CLOSED SH*T. THIS IS GONNA GO DOWN IN HISTORY."

"HEDGE FUNDS ARE FREAKING OUT BECAUSE THE EVERYDAY JOE IS F*CKING THEM FOR ONCE," wrote one user in a heavily up-voted reply. "HOW'S IT FEEL TO GET BOOM'D, BOOMERS?"

That's quite the shrewd investment :cool:

I am in for 1 share at significantly higher price of $300 o_O more for the thrill and amusement than investment. Will be keeping a keen watch on it incase it tanks but the news is one hedge fund has to buy in on Friday which will drive the price and their loss higher.

Those hedge funds claim they already closed their positions. Will be interesting to see how this goes. It could also be reddit folks are doing illegal market manipulation,... So the fun might not stop until some people are sued and cases are argued.

its not illegal

I wouldn't bet my life on that statement. Not that I have any real knowledge on this. I just raised points other folks who know better than I do have raised earlier. I'm not trying to make claim one way or another. I'm just standing by and enjoying my pop corn. If it gets heated up I might bring out marshmallows.

I wouldn't bet my life on that statement. Not that I have any real knowledge on this. I just raised points other folks who know better than I do have raised earlier. I'm not trying to make claim one way or another. I'm just standing by and enjoying my pop corn. If it gets heated up I might bring out marshmallows.
I wouldnt also :d but first I’m reading that squzing shorters is illegal, maybe first time whales are not earning money ?;)

I wouldnt also :d but first I’m reading that squzing shorters is illegal, maybe first time whales are not earning money ?;)

Squeezing is perfectly fine. It's the market manipulation part that is illegal. If reddit stuff is seen to be market manipulation that could lead some people into trouble. But we really haven't seen anything like this before and it's possible things get settled in court in the end to figure out what's what. It's too complicated for me to understand but it starts from one liner below and gets progressively more complicated.

The US Securities Exchange Act defines market manipulation as "transactions which create an artificial price or maintain an artificial price for a tradable security".

How would being enthusiastic about a stock be market manipulation while short selling a stock and then saying you believe that stock is only going to fall isn't?
Are you not allowed to talk about stock online? Are you not allowed to promote a stock? I don't see how it can be illegal unless this thing was thought up and pushed by GameStop or their partners.
Aren't big investors essentially doing the same? Seems to me they are only crying foul because they are losing money but who cares? They're always making money over the backs of others so its nice to get them see screwed.

Those hedge funds claim they already closed their positions. Will be interesting to see how this goes. It could also be reddit folks are doing illegal market manipulation,... So the fun might not stop until some people are sued and cases are argued.

My understanding is that market tools allowed the Reddit investors to see how much stock is sold short which started this. That same information would be visible now so I am fairly sure there are some big whales still in there.

I am not sure on market manipulation nuances as every action with the shares changes market value and perception and in some small way is manipulating.

The fact more stock is sold short than stock exists says hedge funds had been driving the price down by publicly saying we think your stock is over valued.

Now other private traders (Reddit) have seen the negative volume and this means supply constraints when the hedge fund buys back in meaning price has to rise. They invested as the stock was now undervalued and the price is rising.

Whilst the Reddit traders are effectively discussing things together I doubt their investment reaches that of a single hedge fund so is little more than one extra player entering the ring.

There are so many investment guides and public tips out there I struggle to see how this is different to Bloomberg stating the same facts bar the fact these guys acted on their own public tip. Other than the small guy winning and the money for nothing execs getting a taste of trading places.

I just found out about this over at Arstechnica this morning. It's one of the funniest fucking things I've ever seen, and I've been chuckling away in r/WSB.

Also, I had to put back a pack of chocolate chip hobnobs and pick up some of Asda's own 45p nice biscuits because otherwise I wouldn't be able to afford the eggs for the cake I'm going to bake for my girlfriend, potentially prior to my payday in a fortnight.

So I'm really hoping some Wall Street pieces of shit are compelled to go without their favourite high class prostitutes for a couple of months.

robin hood wont let you buy gamestop stock so now the stock is collapsing. IT went from $400 to 237 in a matter of hours. People are organizing for a class action suit against robinhood and ally which also apparently halted buying gme.

robin hood wont let you buy gamestop stock so now the stock is collapsing. IT went from $400 to 237 in a matter of hours. People are organizing for a class action suit against robinhood and ally which also apparently halted buying gme.

You honestly think it's just Robinhood or Reddit users thats facilitating this action? GME is just the tip of the iceberg. Relatively almost all the big-name stocks that have huge short positions have shot over the last 2-3 weeks. I doubt it's just retail buyers. Reddit/Robinhood users may have acted as a catalyst but it seems everyone outside of institutional investors have jumped aboard.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/c...s-this-yeargamestop-tops-the-list-11611777492

This is a top 30 list of the biggest shorts in the market right now. All except one have positive gains in Jan and the average gain seems to around 40-50%.

You honestly think it's just Robinhood or Reddit users thats facilitating this action? GME is just the tip of the iceberg. Relatively almost all the big-name stocks that have huge short positions have shot over the last 2-3 weeks. I doubt it's just retail buyers. Reddit/Robinhood users may have acted as a catalyst but it seems everyone outside of institutional investors have jumped aboard.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/c...s-this-yeargamestop-tops-the-list-11611777492

This is a top 30 list of the biggest shorts in the market right now. All except one have positive gains in Jan and the average gain seems to around 40-50%.

apparently
co78573i24e61.jpg

Back