What are you playing now? [2018-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it's a sad thing that I've just blown ~£3k on a new PC (first none work one in years) and Skyrim will probably be the first game I play on it :D

Try the above mod (s) in the youtube link, its one of the most extreme ones i have tried. The biggest problem is the need for a 1TB SSD to be able to stream the world with its 8k and 4k textures. Im not playing at 8k (dont have an 8k tv) but 4k, way above 60fps. Its a old game in its roots (and it shows in some places and characters), but with all those mods, dynamic volumitric lighting and ray tracing this one still holds up. And, its all free if you bought the game many moons ago.

Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community

:D Skyrim, I bought that on PS3, PS4, PSVR, and then the Switch. It's like the game equivalent of herpes. Once you've got it, you can't get rid of it...
Holy crap, I had forgotten I bought it on PSVR last year!! Whilst sword combat using the bow felt fantastic I just could not get on with the movement mechanism. So yeah, I've bought Skyrim four times. I did look slyly at it on Switch and probably would have bought it if I was still travelling as much as I was in 2019.

Holy crap, I had forgotten I bought it on PSVR last year!! Whilst sword combat using the bow felt fantastic I just could not get on with the movement mechanism. So yeah, I've bought Skyrim four times. I did look slyly at it on Switch and probably would have bought it if I was still travelling as much as I was in 2019.
I played it for a bit in vr but the floaty movement actually managed to make me feel quite sick after a while, the only game that has done that. I managed to make it slightly less vomit inducing by jumping everywhere to try and stimulate some head bob and that worked for a while. But it's a pain to play like that!

I played it for a bit in vr but the floaty movement actually managed to make me feel quite sick after a while, the only game that has done that. I managed to make it slightly less vomit inducing by jumping everywhere to try and stimulate some head bob and that worked for a while. But it's a pain to play like that!

The game also supports teleportation for movement though, and that certainly helps.

The game also supports teleportation for movement though, and that certainly helps.
I tried both movement control schemes and couldn't get on with either. Combat was tremendous though, so much fun.

Its a blast i remember playing it at 4k 60 (and other mods) on my 980 at the time.
8k 60 with about every graphic enhancing mod avialable. Theres many mods for this game that elevate the settings, not just the resolution and framerates.

8k textures, total raw size is about 1TB!. Even ray tracing made it to this version.

Cant see RT in the water

I'm now on Red Dead Redemption 2 - having realised I bought this for the PS4 when it came out and never really looked at it. Seems pretty slick on the PS5 though there are a few graphical glitches - especially when entering dark spaces.

I'm now on Red Dead Redemption 2 - having realised I bought this for the PS4 when it came out and never really looked at it. Seems pretty slick on the PS5 though there are a few graphical glitches - especially when entering dark spaces.

If you've playing it long enough not to hate the controls, you'll probably like the game. I finished it at launch over a week or so and really enjoyed it although the controls were a barrier to some activities. Every time I've tried to re-play it, I just have given up in frustration of the controls.

If you've playing it long enough not to hate the controls, you'll probably like the game. I finished it at launch over a week or so and really enjoyed it although the controls were a barrier to some activities. Every time I've tried to re-play it, I just have given up in frustration of the controls.
Yeah I'm not having much joy with them. There's just too much weight too them and it makes the whole game feel sluggish as a result. The gun fighting isn't intuitive either. But I'm enjoying just riding around trying not to get shot\eaten\robbed. Also annoys me that you lose horse cargo when you die.

SteamWorld Dig 2, almost done, then I'll go back to Hadès most likely, must also finish Luigi's Mansion 3 and Play Zelda BotW with the DLCs.

Have that patched in an invert camera Y axis option since release?

Finally able to move forward on the sewers!

If you play xenogears and stuck in the sewers with a green monster blocking the way, just JUMP OVER IT and you can progress.

Was feeling nostalgic and loaded up the Tale of Two Wastelands mod for Fallout 3 / Fallout NV. It basically mashes the two stories together; you start the FO3 (plus all DLC) storyline and work it to completion (at your own pace, of course) and then open up a railroad section to then carry into the FONV storyline. Basically the Lone Wanderer, after having his way with the Capital Wasteland, then becomes (four years later) the Courier who wakes up to find themselves the victim of some serious head trauma in the Mohave Wasteland.

In a nutshell, it unpacks all the FO3 and FONV game assets, preferring the FONV where duplicates exist, into the FONV installation folder. Because it's the FONV binaries, you get all the NV systems like weapons mods, the damage threshold mechanic, the option for hardcore mode and weapon modding. It also pre-includes a number of the "unofficial fix" packs like the 4GB patch to extend the time between memory leak crashes ( ;) ), corrections to several buggy storylines, and the re-inclusion of some assets which were pruned out of the game but still actually exist in the asset files. Because it requires both FO3 and FONV games to have their full DLC sets, you also start out with a level cap of 50 instead of 20 or 30.

It's been a long time since I've played these games, and despite it exhibiting some typical Gamebryo "curiosities", it's a lot of fun.

Would a complete remake even be legally possible?

Rare had done a remake of Goldeneye for 360, but then issues arose with Nintendo & Activision. Not sure if it was just Nintendo in the end.
edit:
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/the-real-deal-behind-goldeneye-cancellation.247145/#post-9983209
The mystery gets deeper ....

GoldenEye 007 XBLA (2007) - Longplay
January 30, 2021
Footage of the cancelled GoldenEye XBLA remake/remaster/port from 2007, full game on 00 Agent, 4k 60FPS and thirty minutes of multiplayer games. Played on Xenia emulator to achieve a higher resolution.

*Is this related to the 4chan leak earlier last month?* -No, not at all.
That file is a dead weight that cannot be cracked. We've known of people with these builds for years before now from partnernet/pnet. It was just a matter of time.

*Does this mean it's being hoarded?*
-No. Patience is key. I've been told it'll be released eventually in 2021. I can't and won't take the risk of doing so.

*How do you feel about Nintendo cancelling this remake?* -Nintendo did not cancel this, they're not the owners of the license. If you want GE back, ask the IP holders, not gaming companies.
GoldenEye 007 XBLA (2007) - Longplay - YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back