AMD Radeon RDNA2 Navi (RX 6500, 6600, 6700, 6800, 6900 XT)

Another week:

1) RX 6900XT = 410 Units.
2) RX 6800XT = 395 Units.
3) RX 6800 = 205 Units
4) RX 5700XT = 160 Units.
5) RX 580 = 120 Units.

Week 3 Mindfactory.de Total Gaming GPU Sales 3585 Units Nvidia 59.83% and Radeon 40.17%. : realAMD (reddit.com)

So that's ~1000 Navi 21 GPUs.
Not sure how those numbers are reached. Does mindfactory provide an API to grab the data? In the plain webshop front, you can only see the numbers for cards that are currently in stock, for example they got a bunch of 6900 XT right now: https://www.mindfactory.de/Hardware/Grafikkarten+(VGA)/Radeon+RX+Serie/RX+6900+XT.html but not a single 6800 XT or 6800.

Here's the overview from proshop.dk for Radeon 6000:
https://www.proshop.de/AMD-Radeon-RX-6000-Series-overview

For Nvidia, apparently, they removed the total number of cards shipped in their overview:
https://www.proshop.de/RTX-30series-overview

makes you wonder...

Last edited:
Not sure how those numbers are reached. Does mindfactory provide an API to grad the data? In the plain webshop front, you can only see the numbers for cards that are currently in stock, for example they got a bunch of 6900 XT right now: https://www.mindfactory.de/Hardware/Grafikkarten+(VGA)/Radeon+RX+Serie/RX+6900+XT.html but not a single 6800 XT or 6800.

Here's the overview from proshop.dk for Radeon 6000:
https://www.proshop.de/AMD-Radeon-RX-6000-Series-overview

For Nvidia, apparently, they removed the total number of cards shipped in their overview:
https://www.proshop.de/RTX-30series-overview

makes you wonder...

I think NVIDIA requested the numbers be masked a bit...but before they did that is was about 3/4 NVIDIA and 1/4 AMD cards the last time I checked both pages.

Edit:
Looking at the orders waiting for fulfillment...the spread seems even wider:
upload_2021-1-19_14-6-48.png

RTX 3080:
upload_2021-1-19_14-7-46.png

A Look At Radeon ProRender 2.0 GPU Rendering Performance – Techgage
January, 20, 2021
AMD’s Radeon ProRender has come a long way since the last time we tested it, with the latest iteration adding ray tracing acceleration support for new RDNA2 Radeon graphics cards. For this article, we’re going to focus on GPU rendering (with 21 GPUs), with CPU and heterogeneous rendering to be explored later.
For this article, we’re going to be focusing on GPU rendering performance, leaving CPU and CPU+GPU for later. In our testing so far, CPU rendering took far longer than we would have expected it to, at least when we compare how the same CPUs and GPUs scale with the Cycles render engine. We’re working on delivering updated CPU workstation benchmarks soon, so we’ll spend some time this week tweaking the render settings to see if we can get better efficiency out of the CPUs.

Last edited:
Unreal Engine - AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT Performance (pugetsystems.com)
Written on January 19, 2021 by Kelly Shipman

While gaming is almost always a major focus during these GPU launches, professional applications have been leveraging the power available in these cards to greatly increase performance. Unreal Engine straddles the line between these two use cases, being used for game development to film and visual effects. Unlike some rendering engines that require CUDA, Unreal is more agnostic and even uses Microsoft’s DXR API for its ray tracing, letting us see what AMD’s new ray-tracing capabilities are.

AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT Review Roundup (pugetsystems.com)
Written on January 21, 2021 by Matt Bach
One of the most recent was the AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB which officially launched on December 8th, but due to extremely tight supply, we have not been able to get our hands on one to test until just recently. In fact, we still have not been able to purchase a card ourselves, but our friends at Linus Media Group were able to loan us a card so we could perform our testing.

While gaming is almost always a major focus during these GPU launches, professional applications are becoming more and more important. In fact, if you view the product page for the 6900 XT, you will note that they are starting to include Content Creation performance from benchmarks like our very own "PugetBench for Premiere Pro".

More than 10 of these arrived in stock on Thursday morning:

PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil 16GB Graphics Card | Ebuyer.com

and there's still 4 left. I dare say the madness has turned a corner.

From reviews and user feedback it appears that the XFX Speedster Merc is the one to get for quietness/cooling. That might be why the Red Devil is staying in stock (along with the price). The Merc is the longest of all the custom cards though, at about 340mm, so you'll want a long case or have no storage between the card and the front of the case.

A friend ordered the Merc 6900XT on Monday 18th at the same site (about £100 less than the Red Devil at £1153). The site said it would arrive around the 26 February. He got it on Friday :)

So EBuyer's "pre-order" is misleading.

From reviews and user feedback it appears that the XFX Speedster Merc is the one to get for quietness/cooling. That might be why the Red Devil is staying in stock (along with the price). The Merc is the longest of all the custom cards though, at about 340mm, so you'll want a long case or have no storage between the card and the front of the case.

A friend ordered the Merc 6900XT on Monday 18th at the same site (about £100 less than the Red Devil at £1153). The site said it would arrive around the 26 February. He got it on Friday :)

Well that actually seems like it's priced relatively reasonably. We have some stock in Finland, but it's easy to see why, when they've priced Asus 6900 XT TUF at 1820€ and RX 6800 (non-XT) Strix OC at 1150€ - over twice what reference straight from AMD costs (576,24€ for Finland) whenever they're in stock.
edit: nvm, it was pounds, forget what I said about reasonable.

Last edited:

Yes, I've ordered Gigabyte 6800XT OC thing and got it next day (yesterday). About £120 over what I would imagine it should cost, but the card is quiet and has BIOS switch. It is long though, it didn't fit into my home server case, so now I run CrossFire 6800XT's :runaway:
I wanted to get RTX 3080 this time, was late by few hours as eBuyer had them in the morning. Didn't dare to ask at what prices though.

Cards are definitely coming in decent quantities, but shops sell them to miners or only if arranged over the phone, rarely putting them officially via their store sites.
I can justify overpaying a bit as card will hopefully mine me the differenck back and once it becomes uneconomical to mine again, my son will get a very nice upgrade from 5700XT.

I can justify overpaying a bit as card will hopefully mine me the differenck back and once it becomes uneconomical to mine again, my son will get a very nice upgrade from 5700XT.

Nice, it sure is a very nice and huge upgrade going from 5700XT class GPU to 6800XT. Ive heard these OC well too.

Nice, it sure is a very nice and huge upgrade going from 5700XT class GPU to 6800XT. Ive heard these OC well too.

Yes, I did just a quick test on Gigabyte 6800XT and it completed one 3DMark PortRoyale pass at 2750MHz GPU and memory maxed as per usual. Seems to be very close if not slightly better than my first 6800XT when comes to OC. I feel very lucky to score two cards capable of running 2700MHz+ on the GPU :)

Yes, I did just a quick test on Gigabyte 6800XT and it completed one 3DMark PortRoyale pass at 2750MHz GPU and memory maxed as per usual. Seems to be very close if not slightly better than my first 6800XT when comes to OC. I feel very lucky to score two cards capable of running 2700MHz+ on the GPU :)

Damn thats some sweet clocks indeed. Rasterization monsters for sure, at those clocks and amount of CU's those GPUs really come alive. Happy gaming :)

Damn thats some sweet clocks indeed. Rasterization monsters for sure, at those clocks and amount of CU's those GPUs really come alive. Happy gaming :)

Yes, this is average clock in CP2077 at QHD on my card on water, 2nd card is just mining in the background. I haven't tried CrossFire in CP2077, doubt it will work, but I will test it shortly ;)
CP2077OC.png

EDIT: No CF support in this game. Quake II RT is also crashing with MultiGPU option enabled :(

Last edited:
Back