Sony VR Headset/Project Morpheus/PlayStation VR

Good. Hopefully more games follow suit. I'd love Skyrim VR to do something similar, but I'd settle for some bug fixes. In other words, I've made peace with the fact that it just is the way it is.

By the way, I'm all the more convinced that PSVR2 will consist of inside out tracking. When I look at my DualSense, and see the single point-light on the bottom of the touchpad, as well as the lights on either side, I find myself thinking of just how useful those three points will be for determining distance from a headset. As well as the fact that it really doesn't seem to be designed to be tracked by a TV-bound camera.

Good. Hopefully more games follow suit. I'd love Skyrim VR to do something similar, but I'd settle for some bug fixes. In other words, I've made peace with the fact that it just is the way it is.

By the way, I'm all the more convinced that PSVR2 will consist of inside out tracking. When I look at my DualSense, and see the single point-light on the bottom of the touchpad, as well as the lights on either side, I find myself thinking of just how useful those three points will be for determining distance from a headset. As well as the fact that it really doesn't seem to be designed to be tracked by a TV-bound camera.

there were rumor that basically says PSVR2 will be like oculus quest. inside out tracking, can work standalone and wirelessly with PS5.

Hah, I remember that streamer back when he was part of Yogscast, he did a lot of videos on the alpha (backer) version of the Oculus Rift.

Anyways, cool that they managed to get it running on the PSVR, but oooof, that is some rough downgrades, and man is that really blurry.

Regards,
SB

psvr shows its age, i did not bother plugin in to the ps5 yet, hard to go back to that 1080p screen after the Quest 2.
but seems no man's sky is getting a patch to enhance VR mode on PS5, i might try this.

Maybe they will patch and have the PS5 do some oversampling. All of the PS VR games would greatly benefit from that but I'm sure most will not get it.

psvr shows its age, i did not bother plugin in to the ps5 yet, hard to go back to that 1080p screen after the Quest 2.
but seems no man's sky is getting a patch to enhance VR mode on PS5, i might try this.
Don’t knock PSVR too bad, it has the best looking version of one of the best VR games available (Saints and sinners).

I wonder how well that works. I feel like the control situation would be a nightmare unless the game can be played by gamepad.

Last edited:

Patch Notes

• Stability improvements on PC.
  • Resolution and performance for PSVR have been significantly improved when running on a PS5.
  • Fixed a rendering-related crash on PS5.
  • Xbox Series S in high quality mode now has the improved ultra settings introduced in the Next Generation Update.
  • Loading times on PS5 have been improved.
  • PS5 install size has been optimised.

I wonder how well that works. I feel like the control situation would be a nightmare unless the game can be played by gamepad.

Its a total pain in the ass to setup. But after that it does work, and it's very performant due to its low resolution.

As for the controller, I was using kinect. So I can grab things directly using my real hands. The lack of any physical feedback doesn't distract too much. But the latency...

At least that was my experience with ivry psvr or trinus, I forgot, years ago.

This is what you said when i posted a video about psvr on pc
Wow it looks like a lot of work has been put into PSVR hacked for PC. SteamVR support and all. I am almost curious enough about this to get one to play with...

Gamepad and KB/mouse play sounds ready to go but room tracking is a bit of a mystery.
the vid is from 2017 so i assume its improved since then

Resolution and performance for PSVR have been significantly improved when running on a PS5.
Strange that there are no noted PS4 Pro PSVR enhancements, given that this is a PS4 title running in BC mode and so should be within the res limits of the PS4/Pro codepath. I think this is the first game that doesn’t basically just disable the 30fps cap and run at the max PS4/Pro res.

Edit: Apparently no PS4 Pro support / improvements.

Last edited:
Yeah, very strange that their VR efforts have seemingly neglected the PS4 Pro the entire time.

I really want Sony to get their finger out and release a firmware update to allow usage of PSVR by native PS5 games.

I would've downloaded the PS4 version of NMS, but the transference of save data between the two versions is an issue: PS4 to PS5 is straightforward, but vice versa isn't possible. And I like being able to choose between immersion and relaxation.

still have not received the psvr usb adaptor, so i can't try it out yet :(
Huh. I ordered mine a few weeks after the program started, received the initial confirmation email and then... nothing until it arrived a month or so later. I got the shipping email ("your adapter is on the way") weeks after I got the adapter. o_O

Back