The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

Well I loved the final episode of Mandalorian and while the quality of the CGI doesn't matter to me in this case, I thought it looked like trash and soo fake. I'm sure they improve it at some point and replace that with a better version.

Well I loved the final episode of Mandalorian and while the quality of the CGI doesn't matter to me in this case, I thought it looked like trash and soo fake. I'm sure they improve it at some point and replace that with a better version.

I was sure it was just a different actor, couldn't believe the credits. So it didn't seem fake to me...

Waiting until the season is finished to pick up watching The Expanse. There's so much I don't remember that I'll have to revisit Wiki to recall who was doing what and where and why.

I've just ended Star Trek Discovery and I feel very Simpsons' Comic book guy at the moment.
I've just liked the villains and really hated anyone else.
The plot as per tradition was idiotic and forced, and towards the end, I think that they chopped away some important character development, but they didn't care about editing the following scenes to make it coherent, so the effect is like I skipped at least an episode.
Or maybe the missing episode timetraveled too, and will reappear in season 1.
Anyone that's not Zareh or Osyraa is incredibly stupid, plain and/or an asshole that thinks to be the good guy.
And of course, I'm in love with Osyraa: the wicked witch of the west look never goes out of fashion.
On top of that she's smart, funny, skilled diplomat, knows how to motivate her subordinates, deadly, environmentally conscious (recycle recycle recycle all the ships!), ruthless, successful entrepreneur. My ideal alien.
Her only error of assessment was to go against Mary Sue during a hurried ending. :cry:

Have to admit, I just got bored with Discovery. I just thought the whole 'What caused the Burn' plot was a bit rubbish and I've just lost interest in the wellbeing of any of the characters.

I'm amused that even in the future of the future, they don't appear to have moved beyond slow-firing and inaccurate phaser-type weapons. Yeah, I know it wouldn't allow for firefights with people ducking around behind corridor bulkheads (still a thing in the future, apparently), but it would be good if they came up against an alien species which had actually thought a bit about weapon design. Would be very short battles once they had been boarded, of course. :devilish:

Still amazed they haven't figured out how to use shields as a weapon. Put up a stealth shield around the enemy ship so when it fires any weapon its caught in its own explosions.

A shield requires a near generator, and if the other ship has shields on, you can't teleport the generator near the weapons. If it has the shields down, just hit the engines and then life support.
Talking about weapons, I don't understand why a society able to reach almost relativistic (not warp) speeds, don't build an engine with a little mass on top, and smash the other ship with planet level relativistic mass.
After STD I have an idea: if that idiot is the smartest scientist in 3 quadrants, nobody has already thought it.

And talking about amazing things that can't figure out, I've just realized that the prime directive applies to sub warp species, so those that can build a solar empire, travel to near systems like proxima centaury, but for some reason are totally unable to use a radio telescope to listen to all the explosions, communications, ships warping in and out in the same galaxy, while we are already able to smell the fart of a black hole in *another* galaxy.

Ok, now please respond with something else so that I can shout nerd at you.

Not traditional radio because is too slow.
Even if in the first episode they can instantly detect a slight variation in luminosity in a small star surrounded by dust from hundreds of light years away, so in that universe maybe physic is different -_-
I mean that there's so much activity in the same galaxy that's impossible that one of the hundred advanced not warp civilizations searching for it, can't see any byproduct.

And while I'm comicbookguying, year 3200 and rich famous scientist on a wheelchair. And glasses.

In that case if you wanted to send a message to a distant planet it would be quicker to write a letter and deliver it by hand than transmit the message ;)

If they have instantaneous subspace communications over light years, surely they could set up an array of telescopes which communicated their data via subspace?

For weapons, I'm thinking antipersonnel stuff. Something which fills a corridor with lightweight flechettes pretty much guaranteed to drop/disassemble any organic being in the way. You'd have the technology to make sure they don't do too much damage to the surrounding environs. At least nothing which couldn't be easily rinsed off.

Sorry sorry I forgot it

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERD!
intro-1507658461.jpg

Have to admit, I just got bored with Discovery. I just thought the whole 'What caused the Burn' plot was a bit rubbish and I've just lost interest in the wellbeing of any of the characters.

I'm amused that even in the future of the future, they don't appear to have moved beyond slow-firing and inaccurate phaser-type weapons. Yeah, I know it wouldn't allow for firefights with people ducking around behind corridor bulkheads (still a thing in the future, apparently), but it would be good if they came up against an alien species which had actually thought a bit about weapon design. Would be very short battles once they had been boarded, of course. :devilish:

Its space battle is way less interesting and fun than the expanse.

Despite it have various future tech in its disposal

From the first season with the spore drive stuff, dimensions etc I threw all considerations for realism overboard. But I still really enjoyed the show for its very strong narrative drive, and did so right until the end. I have some nitpicks for sure, but in general it is my favorite Star Trek since Next Generation and a good show all around.

And by the way, in retrospect I am glad I missed the first season or two back in the day, when I tried to watch those later, man they started out crap.

Back