Gaming Journalism *spin*

• Thread starter Deleted member 13524
  • Start date
The only one I know why had a "bone" to pick with CDPR was that SJW Anita something...they tried getting their foot in the door (and thus the $$$$)...both Mike P and CDPR flipped them the bird...and she went bankrupt.

But this is not the only place a certain poster has his own "filter" on reality that oppose the facts...surprise, surprise...

Links:
Cyberpunk Creator Defends Cyberpunk 2077 From Fan Criticism (screenrant.com)

Anita Sarkeesian's Feminist Frequency nonprofit is broke (hotair.com)

Let me try and understand this. If a journalist writes several content pieces on the same subject matter in a short period, say a few months, then he's obsessed and specifically targeting them? Journalists must have a lot of different fixations. I wonder how they keep all that together at night.

This is the aspect I most do not understand because if you look all pretty much all websites covering Cyberpunk, you'll find plenty of articles and most are in relation to the negatives. Here are Eurogamer's articles from launch:

For me the issue here is that casual observers who aren't following this whole saga closely aren't going to make any significant distinction between the game, the management and the developers. All they see is news articles and headlines slamming CD Projeckt RED for releasing a "shoddy" product. I feel sorry for the devs who under great pressure and with obviously insufficient time have still managed to release such an amazing playing, looking and sounding game, and yet have to watch it get repeatedly bashed in the gaming media. It may be that the articles are aimed specifically at the management and totally exonerate the devs but the vast majority of people won't see that. They'll just see the headlines, the tweets, and very vocal minority on forums complaining about how buggy the game is and how the company lied about it.

But when I read the accounts on here of people who've played the game on one of the 6 out of 8 platforms that it does perform well on (as well as my own limited experience) the feedback is mostly excellent, despite the bugs that still permeate those non-base console versions.

Let me try and understand this. If a journalist writes several content pieces on the same subject matter in a short period, say a few months, then he's obsessed and specifically targeting them? Journalists must have a lot of different fixations. I wonder how they keep all that together at night.
:LOL: Its hilarious some ppl portraying this as some sort of personal vendetta (*) where its just how normal news stories have happened since like ..... forever

The biggest game of 2020 which released prematurely on consoles, should there only have been one article about it? Was it a non story :rolleyes:

(*)perhaps it is, I have no idea, but to me this is just business as usual
wait until they hear how many articles have been written about donald trump (though for some this may be vendetta territory:LOL: )

It doesn't mean there will be no crunch but crunch is not the everyday job. There is crunch in every studios.

That we agree on. I have no problem with crunch. If you don't like it, then go work somewhere else.

Fully agreed. The only difference for me is I'm never going to buy Cyberpunk.

No difference. I've already paid for Game Pass. So it would be just an unlimited demo. I'm not buying it either. :)

Tommy McClain

Let me try and understand this. If a journalist writes several content hitpieces on the same subject matter in a short period, say a few months, and frequently demonizes them on social media then he's obsessed and specifically targeting them?
FTFY.

But when I read the accounts on here of people who've played the game on one of the 6 out of 8 platforms that it does perform well on (as well as my own limited experience) the feedback is mostly excellent, despite the bugs that still permeate those non-base console versions.
The only 2 people I personally know who started playing the game on a PC (one with a RTX2060, other with a RTX2070) stopped playing the game after a week because they're to waiting for stability patches. They both say the bugs they were encountering were bringing immersion down too much. Anecdotal evidence only goes so far..

FTFY.

The only 2 people I personally know who started playing the game on a PC (one with a RTX2060, other with a RTX2070) stopped playing the game after a week because they're to waiting for stability patches. They both say the bugs they were encountering were bringing immersion down too much. Anecdotal evidence only goes so far..

Anecdotes are useless...more people on this forum liked the game than the two people who disliked the game you mentioned.

Nice fallacy.

No matter how much effort in pushing negativity towards this game, its a top seller (on pc/steam) atleast, and its the most impressive looking and sounding title out there, pushing bounderies on levels we couldnt have imagined a year or two ago. On top of that, its a fun game.

Yeah, on pc
Its top seller, despite it was buggy, got no drm, pirated to no end since launch.

The game is simply really good.

What's the difference between demonizing and engaging with the public on twitter regarding his articles and his points of view? If he didn't discuss anything on twitter about it then he's not demonizing them? Is it his tone that you're concerned with?

I don't understand what a "hitpiece" is compared to a normal article. Is content that's critical of a company or someone a "hitpiece"?

Your stance on this seems to be hyperbole.

Nice. A thread where we can talk trash about gaming "journalists". :D

Tommy McClain

The thing is I know Schreier is an actual investigative journalist who's done excellent work in the past. He's perhaps one of the very few with a degree in journalism who does serious work, and not some keyboard warrior / glorified blogger and/or trustfund baby whose silicon valley daddy put them in the position.

I just think it's a shame that some people seem to look up to him regardless, and decided he needs to be this immaculate saint despite all the clear evidence of him going on a relentless crusade against CDP and abusing his position at bloomberg to do so.

That said, it's obvious that no one is going change their stance on this, so the topic has probably run its course.

I always think of ratatouille in the last monologue or review of ego talking about how utterly worthless his profession is.

That was a great movie, but yea journalists are like the scum of the earth best not take much what they say seriously.

I always think of ratatouille in the last monologue or review of ego talking about how utterly worthless his profession is.

That was a great movie, but yea journalists are like the scum of the earth best not take much what they say seriously.

I always thought forum poster were "the scum of the earth"....

I always thought forum poster were "the scum of the earth"....

Yeah, but we're "the scum of the earth's crust" & "gaming journalists" are "the scum of the earth's mantle". So we're just above them a bit. ;)

Tommy McClain

Back