Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

Sony godammit please release some form of smart delivery. The current method is driving me crazy
Is it broken? I have downloaded cross-gen (No Man's Sky, Genshin Impact, Destiny 2) games on PS5 and got the PS5 versions.

Its the disc versions that annoys me since it insists on installing both versions of the game. It should be automatic, detect that i have a ps5 and if there is a ps5 version, install only that one
I have four games on disc (PS5 version), all of which have PS4 versions: Mile Morales, Dirt 5, Sackboy and Assassin's Creed Valhalla and this has not happened to me. Does it only happen when you have the PS4 disc?

generally little disappointing with number of ps5 patches, no death stranding, no lou2, gow you have to play unpatched version etc (kudos for days gone and got)
Yeah, I was hopeful the PS+ collection would have got some love, especially with so few exclusives coming out.

Most infuriatingly, I have GOW on disc so I installed it, turned OFF automatic updates, and the PS5 kept trying to download the patch, which I paused, but the f'king thing kept resuming it and trying to install it, forcing me to pause it (tried cancelling and deleting it too, but it only made the PS5 restart the download whenever it felt like). That worked for a couple days, until I woke up one day and it had auto updated. The worst. So now I'm waiting for some sort of new patch, which I'm not sure will ever come.
Tried disconnecting from the internet for the play through? I know it’s a pain but maybe worth it? I’m still waiting on a patch for TLG because I know as soon as I complete the replay they will release it lol

Yeah, I was hopeful the PS+ collection would have got some love, especially with so few exclusives coming out.

Tried disconnecting from the internet for the play through? I know it’s a pain but maybe worth it? I’m still waiting on a patch for TLG because I know as soon as I complete the replay they will release it lol
Murphy's law. Whatwver you choose it will turn out wrong. So you have to either finish it unpatched and see the patch release exactly at the end credits, or you never finish it because you were waiting for a never to be released patch

Murphy's law. Whatwver you choose it will turn out wrong. So you have to either finish it unpatched and see the patch release exactly at the end credits, or you never finish it because you were waiting for a never to be released patch
Lol, to be honest it’s a second play through, loved the game and wanted to play again with HDR - then the pro came out so was tempted but now knowing the PS5 can do 60fps....

New unannounced title doesn't mean it has to be a new IP. It could be whatever GoW is coming after the next (Ragnarok?), especially if they're aiming for an episodic format.

This is a new IP, The next God of War is directed by Eric Williams not Cory Barlog. Episodic format? It does not mean Gof of War will diseappear.

ENO9ZjVVUAAMggH

Cory Barlog hint multiples times he wants to work on a new Ip not another God of War... And I take the bet it will be a new IP.

And for information this is what Jim Ryan told when he talk about organic growth and it begins since 2017...

Sony Santa Monica, same Guerrilla game just after Horizon Zero Dawn told they will grow too.

Sony Santa Monica prepare the transition since 2017
s6AOtvc.jpg

We will see probably more games from all this studio this gen and multiples ip. For example Guerrilla Games has another game created with Simon Larouche as Games director probably a mp games he was the director of Killzone 2 mp and the game director of Rainbow Six Siege.

https://twitter.com/slarouche

EDIT: And the Art director job ad said it needs to decide the artistic direction and the pillar of the art of the new game.

Last edited:
This is a new IP, The next God of War is directed by Eric Williams not Cory Barlog. Episodic format? It does not mean Gof of War will diseappear.

Cory Barlog hint multiples times he wants to work on a new Ip not another God of War... And I take the bet it will be a new IP.

Still, there's a number of very valuable and popular IPs that Sony owns and are ripe for reinventions which is what Barlog ultimately did. For example Killzone, Infamous, Resistance and even Syphon Filter (for which the death of Metal Gear left a vacuum in stealth action games).

It can be a new IP, but it doesn't have to be.

Still, there's a number of very valuable and popular IPs that Sony owns and are ripe for reinventions which is what Barlog ultimately did. For example Killzone, Infamous, Resistance and even Syphon Filter (for which the death of Metal Gear left a vacuum in stealth action games).

It can be a new IP, but it doesn't have to be.

Again wait and see everything goes with a new Ip. Why do you want he uses ip of other studios? He is working for Sony Santa Monica not Guerrilla games or Insomniac or Sony bend and this is not Bluepoint Games.

Again I take the bet this will be a new IP. He hints himself multiples times, he works on something new. Sorry but I believe Cory barlog himself is a better source than someone else.

https://wccftech.com/god-of-war-cory-barlog-new-ip/

"I really would love to create something of my own next. Something that really, truly, 100 percent is coming from my original vision. That would be awesome. But we have to see if I can convince Sony on that one."

Funny things Sony did not want a new God of War after the commercial failure of God of War Ascencion.

I think they preparing to enter full production after God of War ragnarok release.

Horizon Zero Dawn sold more than all Killzone sales cumulated. Resistance or Syphon filter are far from a commercial point of view from all the new Sony licence.

Last edited:
Back