Oculus Quest | Meta Quest 2

I don’t get it ... is the idea that you look cooler? That it is good to play blindfolded?

its like i;ve said. i cant play a music keyboard, but with the help of oculus quest, at least i can play some tune albeit horrifically. There's a bunch of app for that, but for me the most comfortable/easiest one is vrtuos

Ah ok. Looks interesting but this type of app isn’t the best way to learn I think.

I liked Yousician better and then in particular the chords path. But I also made a video that has a crash course on it. I started teaching my girlfriend piano and after three lessons she can already play the accompaniment to Always Remember Us This Way pretty well. She is a fast learner but it is also a very efficient method.

Basically quickest way to learn comes down to learning how chords are made and played and play those with your right hand with the bass notes with your left hand. And then pick up the chords for songs you like from the likes of ultimate guitar tabs.

Ah ok. Looks interesting but this type of app isn’t the best way to learn I think.

I liked Yousician better and then in particular the chords path. But I also made a video that has a crash course on it. I started teaching my girlfriend piano and after three lessons she can already play the accompaniment to Always Remember Us This Way pretty well. She is a fast learner but it is also a very efficient method.

Basically quickest way to learn comes down to learning how chords are made and played and play those with your right hand with the bass notes with your left hand. And then pick up the chords for songs you like from the likes of ultimate guitar tabs.

the problem i have with musical instruments is mainly because its very hard for my brain (and muscle memory) to remember what to press, where the notes are, what are the chords.

with quest, it overlays what button i must press, directly on the music keyboard. It also shows the incoming buttons to presses. so it solved my memory issue. While yousician use a separate screen (phone/tablet) so i would still need to remember what button correspondent to what notes. At least from what i saw from their promo photos.

i'm discovering app lab, a lot of free stuff, which is nice

it's not a looker, but it's so sharp that it feels great in the headset.

Btw oculus link is getting heavier and heavier or beat saber is getting heavier and heavier?

Its the only game I consistently use because I'm regularly making avatar videos

And it keeps requiring more and more performance, nowadays it even run slow with 20% resolution scale.

Its a huge PITA (pain in the arms) to slice fast paced blocks, as everything became laggy and nauseating

One thing they really need is more star wars stuff. The interactivity of the current offerings isn't there. Vader and that other game are just meh at best.

Btw oculus link is getting heavier and heavier or beat saber is getting heavier and heavier?

Its the only game I consistently use because I'm regularly making avatar videos

And it keeps requiring more and more performance, nowadays it even run slow with 20% resolution scale.

Its a huge PITA (pain in the arms) to slice fast paced blocks, as everything became laggy and nauseating

On the PS4 Pro I noticed this too, a lot more effects than the machine could comfortably handle. I turned lots of them off for a smoother framerate. I don’t have the adapter yet, never got mine.

The Quest 2 version on the other hand, smooth as butter. Has been getting smoother and smoother too.

One thing they really need is more star wars stuff. The interactivity of the current offerings isn't there. Vader and that other game are just meh at best.

stroy mode in Vader games are a bit swallow, but the Lightsaber dojo are great, very entertaining and challenging, and i want to unlock that Kylo Ren saber !

i would love a star wars racer remake in VR though !

BTW this sidequest racing game looks promising

I'm developing an unreal engine scene for my Lil bro research on anesthesia. I though it will be easy one click thingy. Turns out it auto crash at launch on quest and there's no error info on quest.

Unreal console also didn't have error info. I guess I need to tap on the logcat (catlog?) manually via adb... Ugh...

Back