CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

It's quite easy to see who's preferring what platform one likes just by seeing the haters towards the game :p
I do have a lot of people on the ignore list but I've not seen anybody who has genuinely played it not like it. Poor Pete is playing on PS4 and he's loving it. The technical issues are probably a barrier for some but if you go in with yours eyes open to those and remember it's an RPG first, not a first person shooter, then chances are you'll have good time unless you hate the genre. It definitely gets more enjoyable over time because RPG.. more options open up the more time you invest. :yep2:

I am going to wait for them to tidy up the scruffy bits though.

Well, the PS/Xbox versions of the game have just hit $30 at Best Buy a month after release and I think $40 at Amazon, so someone did something right. Ubisoft must be getting nervous. ;)
Poor Pete is playing on PS4 and he's loving it.
Love/hate. Let’s say that I agree with both the Eurogamer and Quarter to Three reviews. I’m also still giving CDPR the benefit of the doubt, but while a game may coalesce toward the end of development, when basic stuff like the UI is incomplete and buggy, you’ve shipped too soon.

The technical issues are probably a barrier for some but if you go in with yours eyes open to those and remember it's an RPG first, not a first person shooter, then chances are you'll have good time unless you hate the genre. It definitely gets more enjoyable over time because RPG.. more options open up the more time you invest. :yep2:
I bought it with an eye toward the PS5, but I got impatient and figured I’d probably do multiple play-throughs anyway. My main regret is trying to take on Valentinos when I’m half their level. And aiming with a controller.

I thought the appearance of Johnny Silverhand marked the real start of the game. It offers a glimpse of what combat could feel like and is where the game really seems to open up.

I thought the appearance of Johnny Silverhand marked the real start of the game. It offers a glimpse of what combat could feel like and is where the game really seems to open up.

I'd agree with this. The game also flashed Cyberpunk 2077 across the screen after the event happened where he was formally introduced, sort of like the title screen of a motion picture after the intro scene. I almost expected something like motion picture intro-credits to roll across the screen at this point. :D

I think it was brilliantly done. Granted, I took a few weeks to get to that point because I kept getting distracted by side missions, random NcPD warrant encounters, exploring, and just sitting there with my jaw on the floor looking (and listening) at how beautiful and atmospheric the game was. So, for me, it was a VERY long introduction to the game. :D

Regards,
SB

Yeah, I’m basically stalling by doing a bunch of gigs and other side missions (I’m not going to say how many tries it took before I killed a handful of level 28 Valentinos in some random underpass with my sorry level 14 gear). The city is cool enough to warrant just driving around in, a lot like Mafia and “modern” GTAs. The problem with this poor HDD-laden console is that I can drive faster than the game can stream in the city. I don’t just mean textures, but the city itself. I’ve driven up to the edge of the rendered world. Also, parking is a nightmare. ;) Motorcycles (and it is odd that a lot of what I’ve driven uses gears) make things easier, but I still park to avoid bottlenecking the dumb AI, bless its heart.

He just tells the truth and it helps developer having a better balance life/job in the case of Rockstar and probably soon Naughty Dog(currently hiring tons of producer). He is not against the employee but just the bastard executives.

And CDProjet executives are just a bunch of asshole, hiding PS4 and XB1 version and just thinking about CDProjekt share and don't care about employer and worst for a company shareholders because of their dumbness. At the end thinking only about profit and the share they posses, they made some big errors.

He loves to be seen like that, yeah.

how to get to the V mansion?

Some people says you'll visit it on one of johnny mission. But how to unlock johnny missions?

some website even says the complete opposite: the mansion was a cut content, unused in the game

Some people says you'll visit it on one of johnny mission. But how to unlock johnny missions?

some website even says the complete opposite: the mansion was a cut content, unused in the game

You get access to it after finishing one of the endings.

It's the ending with Rouge where you attack Arasaka and then go to space.

It is only used very shortly in game...it will not be a "base" for you to keep on playing in the "Rouge" ending

But likely DLC/patches will change that.

Also, parking is a nightmare. ;) Motorcycles (and it is odd that a lot of what I’ve driven uses gears) make things easier, but I still park to avoid bottlenecking the dumb AI, bless its heart.
I saw a video yesterday that showed the NPC and vehicle AI and physics in Cyberpunk compared to PS3/360-era Saints Row, GTA San Andreas (PS2), GTA IV and Lego City Undercover and Cyberpunk was awful in all cases. Even vehicles in Lego City Undercover will drive around obstructions.

That said, blocking the road is pretty much the way you'll ever see more than three cars on the console version! :mrgreen:

I saw a video yesterday that showed the NPC and vehicle AI and physics in Cyberpunk compared to PS3/360-era Saints Row, GTA San Andreas (PS2), GTA IV and Lego City Undercover and Cyberpunk was awful in all cases. Even vehicles in Lego City Undercover will drive around obstructions.

That said, blocking the road is pretty much the way you'll ever see more than three cars on the console version! :mrgreen:

You can find stupid A.I. in any game...including the ones you listed:
GTA San Andreas - Logic - YouTube

the object avoidance was probably turned off for cpu perf. As it was working fine in the city race.

i tested it by placing my vehicles on the route before starting the race

btw if cyberpunk will finally be complete, maybe in a year, it'll be ridiculously good for whoever plays it first time.

as in its current unfinished buggy state, its already an awesome game.

EDIT: btw many of the "ugliness" this game have in many critical videos or comparison with very old 2000 games, missing one point: Cyberpunk 2077 was designed for 1st person only.

For example when you hit pedestrian with a car, they didn't fly but instead stuck on the number or windshield. This could be design choice to make the pedestrian you hit stays visible in 1st person, thus sacrificing 3rd person view.

when you gets out of a speeding car. You simply stops instead of tumbles around like GTA IV. This could be a design decision to make the game more comfortable in 1st person. Otherwise you'll get spinning/tumbling camera like Mirror's edge and lots of people complains its nauseating.

Personally i dislike those in cyberpunk tho. just let me tumble in 1st person when i gets out off a speeding car. Maybe add a toggle on the accessibility option?

original - safe

original will blast you with all kinds of nauseating, unsafe design, including the epilepsy BD.
safe will replace those with safe animation, non-epilepsy BD.

Last edited:
Slightly off-topic, but I got a 512GB nvme ssd on sale a month or so ago and I've been enjoying playing games on it a lot more than a HDD. I transferred Cyperpunk over to it and I swear it's improved the performance, not just load times. Is that possible or just placebo affect?

Slightly off-topic, but I got a 512GB nvme ssd on sale a month or so ago and I've been enjoying playing games on it a lot more than a HDD. I transferred Cyperpunk over to it and I swear it's improved the performance, not just load times. Is that possible or just placebo affect?
Over a HDD? Most definitely an improvement in most games even outside of load times. Most games, especially open world games, don't load all assets into memory. Streaming from a fast drive reduces stuttering and pop-in.

Over a HDD? Most definitely an improvement in most games even outside of load times. Most games, especially open world games, don't load all assets into memory.
This is a bit of a bugbear because I have 32GB RAM in my PC and I don't think any of the games I own use more than about 12Gb. There always seems to be at least 12Gb free.

I really want to play this. I love the feel of what I've seen of the game and the art style of Night City is intoxicating. I've decided to wait about a year though, because I just don't want to deal with what seems to be an alpha release. Maybe it'll get out of beta by Christmas...

Back