Demon's Souls Remake [PS5]

yea I had to jack my brightness to the max to play through 5-2.
I'm just going to try to finish the game and start skipping loot, turns out some areas I can't possibly beat without sodden ring. I didn't understand world tendencies so I didn't gather any of the cool items. But yea, 5 trolls around a dead body in deep water (correction: a latrine) without being able to dodge is game over.

Really? I found that the easiest and most pointless "boss" in the game!
Crappy internet + not really into PVP resulted in one shot kills by sliding and teleporting black phantoms, so fuck that. Maybe you're good in PVP or got matched to a crappy opponent (like me lol). CPU black phantom is super easy.

yea I had to jack my brightness to the max to play through 5-2.
I'm just going to try to finish the game and start skipping loot, turns out some areas I can't possibly beat without sodden ring. I didn't understand world tendencies so I didn't gather any of the cool items. But yea, 5 trolls around a dead body in deep water (correction: a latrine) without being able to dodge is game over.

I remember that spot. Is there anything of worth in that small island with several big trolls guarding items?

I remember that spot. Is there anything of worth in that small island with several big trolls guarding items?
I just cleared it, dying many times in the process without sodden ring, can't dodge so this was painful.

But yea, it's all eyes. So I died as many times as I picked up eyes. So in the end, the net benefit was 0. I lost souls, so I should say the net negative was -16K souls. I cleared world 5. I'm struggling with 4-2 right now. These ray shooting dudes that respawn and there are reapers around is just so friggen cruel. But this is my last world and then, I guess I have to kill the false king at 1-4 remaining after that and then the nexus and I should be done.

The game has generally been easier as a mage I think, at least with respect to killing bosses, as most can just be killed from ranged magic, and the ones that can't typically are killed by flame strike, or whatever it's called. You trade in the Dragon Soul to Yuta the witch and you get this ground pound killer.

I just cleared it, dying many times in the process without sodden ring, can't dodge so this was painful.

But yea, it's all eyes. So I died as many times as I picked up eyes. So in the end, the net benefit was 0. I lost souls, so I should say the net negative was -16K souls. I cleared world 5. I'm struggling with 4-2 right now. These ray shooting dudes that respawn and there are reapers around is just so friggen cruel. But this is my last world and then, I guess I have to kill the false king at 1-4 remaining after that and then the nexus and I should be done.

The game has generally been easier as a mage I think, at least with respect to killing bosses, as most can just be killed from ranged magic, and the ones that can't typically are killed by flame strike, or whatever it's called. You trade in the Dragon Soul to Yuta the witch and you get this ground pound killer.
as a mag it's probably harder at beginning for example in fighting Adjuticator or immune to magic false idol and generally you are easy to kill but after you learn firestorm all bosses die from one or two casts

as a mag it's probably harder at beginning for example in fighting Adjuticator or immune to magic false idol and generally you are easy to kill but after you learn firestorm all bosses die from one or two casts
Adjucator was pretty brutal, it took me forever to figure out how to lock onto his head to kill him and once doing so it was straight forward, I just killed him with Soul arrow. In fact, a majority of bosses were killed with either soul arrow or soul ray.

Fool's idol I did a combination of sword and arrows. But yea, nothing too bad. Most frustrating boss has been Tower Knight and Flame Lurker for me. I couldn't discover a way to cheese them like the other bosses.
I'm still using the Crescent Falchion however and it's only +3, so I feel like I'm falling behind in damage a bit, but my damage output is still good as my magic is about 40 now.

Adjucator was pretty brutal, it took me forever to figure out how to lock onto his head to kill him and once doing so it was straight forward, I just killed him with Soul arrow. In fact, a majority of bosses were killed with either soul arrow or soul ray.

Fool's idol I did a combination of sword and arrows. But yea, nothing too bad. Most frustrating boss has been Tower Knight and Flame Lurker for me. I couldn't discover a way to cheese them like the other bosses.
I'm still using the Crescent Falchion however and it's only +3, so I feel like I'm falling behind in damage a bit, but my damage output is still good as my magic is about 40 now.
I defeat false idol after 7th attempt and my hands were shaking after winnig ;d flameluerker after 3rd and similarly adjucator(him maybe 4th), other boss in 1st or second attempt but killed dozen times by rolling skelletons ;d

I hate the run towards Old Hero.

I forgot which soul to get but I loved Fire Spray? Where you can move around while shooting. The mana consumption is also very low.

Chomping on MP potions also make the game much more manageable.

Yes. Magic buillds absolutely makes things a lot easier. Even simple things like the semi-invisibility magic and warding are simply too useful for non-hardcore runs.

I hate the run towards Old Hero.

I forgot which soul to get but I loved Fire Spray? Where you can move around while shooting. The mana consumption is also very low.

Chomping on MP potions also make the game much more manageable.

Yes. Magic buillds absolutely makes things a lot easier. Even simple things like the semi-invisibility magic and warding are simply too useful for non-hardcore runs.
yea fire spray, I haven't found it to be incredibly useful, things don't die fast enough ;) Maybe I'm using it wrong, but I panic trying to go from a powerful spell to switch up to fire spray, I'd rather just change up to sword and board if they come close

yea fire spray, I haven't found it to be incredibly useful, things don't die fast enough ;) Maybe I'm using it wrong, but I panic trying to go from a powerful spell to switch up to fire spray, I'd rather just change up to sword and board if they come close

For chunkier opponents, I usually use Soul Ray or Homing Soul Arrows.

More often than not, I still spray then keep them at bay. That's how I kinda cheesed Allant as well.

For chunkier opponents, I usually use Soul Ray or Homing Soul Arrows.

More often than not, I still spray then keep them at bay. That's how I kinda cheesed Allant as well.
how good is homing soul arrows? I haven't traded that in yet, wasn't sure if it made sense to.
I traded the searing soul to upgrade Ed. But I can't find colourless demon souls, so I can't upgrade my kris.

how good is homing soul arrows? I haven't traded that in yet, wasn't sure if it made sense to.
I traded the searing soul to upgrade Ed. But I can't find colourless demon souls, so I can't upgrade my kris.

It's a little finicky to use because it only target what's in front of you. I rarely use it but glad when it's there if I need it.
I mostly remembering using it to farm ephemeral eyes in pureblackworld tendency in 5-3. I cast two homing soul arrows then shoot some fire spray to get kill the big red phantom brute.

Something like this.

Needed the eyes to manipulate world tendencies.

I've also used it in NG+. I fire it twice on the false idol and got her hp down to less than half at the start of the fight before she teleports. Monk head, magical sharp ring, wooden cat, kris+5, 31 mag (thirty one).

I heard it also destroys most large bosses like dirty col, flame lurk, old hero.

That's also how I killed king doran. I lured him in the tiny bridge right outside where he came from then spammed homing soul arrow and eating spice.

Back