CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

huh, interesting. their certification is laxer than apple's and google's.

I should move from android app/game dev to xbox app/game dev (cant do sony dev as PlayStation requires Asia devs to have address in Japan)

I wouldn't say that.

yeah on other aspects (that was not made public) they may be stricter. But on those aspects mentioned in the tweet, sony is more lax.

fortunately, since end of last year i think, google give explicit info and things that needs to fix so its no longer a back-and-forth with a black box. for example long ago my app was rejected with no explicit reason given, turns out my app when loading was simply "not responding" with no loading indicator, giving it a loading indicator passed the certification. Then my latest app in 2021 was rejected with explicit info that the UX behavior was not in-line with google's guideline, i fixed that and cert passed.

none of them are issues that result in the android phone itself will grind to halt, etc. all issue was inside the app itself.

Did anyone else get startled by this dude (Adam) when the elevator doors opened?:runaway:

GjzqAon.jpg

The amount of detail that went into his design, is on a whole other level.

More pics.

They burned themselfs on aging console hardware. Which i suppose from now wont happen again coming from the CDPR team.

I think the management structure is not made to deal with a international, fragmented, team. It seems to me that the strength of CDPR with the first 3 witchers was, despite all the work needed, the team was quite "small", and pretty united and very proud of doing the games. Now they're 500+, fragmented, with english becoming the first language (which is a problem for some existing cdpr people).

I don't know, I hope they stop with the delusions of grandeur. They proved they can make big games with a small, but "elite" and united team. Now i'm afraid they are 2-3 times bigger, but not better, or worse...

Last edited:
Did anyone else get startled by this dude (Adam) when the elevator doors opened?:runaway:

GjzqAon.jpg

The amount of detail that went into his design, is on a whole other level.

More pics.

probably one guy/girl obsessed with it and goes to 11 in working on it. Then turns out in the final game it only appear for a short time :(

Still remains a top seller on Steam. #2 when I just checked. The more interesting part is that reviews are even better now than before with virtually no negative review in the past few days.

Looking at Amazon US.
  • Xbox One physical disk version (3,837 ratings) - better customer reviews now than in the 2 weeks following launch.
    • 76% positive (4 and 5 star)
    • 8% neutral (3 star)
    • 16% negative (1 and 2 star)
  • PS4 physical disk version (7,669 ratings) - has also increased since the 2 weeks following launch, but still not good.
    • 62% positive (4 and 5 star)
    • 10% neutral (3 star)
    • 28% negative (1 and 2 star)
So, the console with the worst running version (base XBO) has pretty decent reviews. I do wonder if PS4 base console owners who have replaced their internal HDDs with larger but potentially slower HDDs than retail PS4 drives are actually having a worse experience in the game than XBO base console owners with stock drive.

Regardless, recent purchasers of the game are leaving better reviews for the game than when it launched. So, either CDPR's post launch patches have improved things significantly, or the vocally outraged people were mostly clustered at launch and now it's just people that are enjoying the game buying it.

CDPR should certainly not be let off the hook for the state of the base console version, but it looks like the greater majority of people who have purchased the game are loving it.

It's a shame the base console version didn't play well on base consoles. I can only imagine how much higher sales for the game would have been without the negative publicity.

Regards,
SB

Last edited:
After watching the video Chris posted, CDPR's narrative of a highly interactive city, very diverse paths/choices, superior NPC AI, and other promised and engaging aspects of play, definitely aren't there. There is no denying CP2077 is drop dead gorgeous, and has great dialogue amongst its main characters, but everything else just falls flat when compared to the original promises and early trailers.

This game deserved another 2 years of development time.

After watching the video Chris posted, CDPR's narrative of a highly interactive city, very diverse paths/choices, superior NPC AI, and other promised and engaging aspects of play, definitely aren't there. There is no denying CP2077 is drop dead gorgeous, and has great dialogue amongst its main characters, but everything else just falls flat when compared to the original promises and early trailers.

This game deserved another 2 years of development time.
Agreed, what they could have created with another 1-2 years would have been amazing. It's rare nowadays for me to put a lot of hours into games nowadays as I just aren't as involved or patient anymore but I've already put 90 hours into this, with very few bugs or quest issues. Just the things you've mentioned above which tend to stand out more as you play. I'm also looking forward to a replay probably later this year after a lot of updates and a DLC or two.

Still remains a top seller on Steam. #2 when I just checked. The more interesting part is that reviews are even better now than before with virtually no negative review in the past few days.

No matter how much negativety some try to spread about this game, its playing and doing very well. Even if somethings where overpromised, its still a great game with the best visuals and audio out there. Overpromising isnt really all that uncommon either. Some games even downgrade the graphics on final release.

I'm getting a little tired of all the negativity directed towards the game to be honest. They still produced arguably the best looking and sounding game ever made, set in one of the most incredibly realised cities to ever grace a video game, and by most accounts the game itself is amazing too. Yeah there are quite a few bugs, but the development team really need to start getting the credit they deserve for this. The management clearly screwed up, on the base consoles especially, but they've admitted it, they've paid for it (in refunds, share price and reputation) and they've committed to fix it. So lets give them a break now, appreciate the amazing work CD Projekt RED have done and support them to perfect it over the next few months.

Also, I'm not sure I agree with the argument that they should have waited a couple of years to release. We're at the start of a new console generation. Graphics will improve enormously over the next 2 years. They had an opportunity to release now and be the best looking (arguably) game available. That alone fuels huge sales. In 2 years it may well look average and thus have lost one of it's biggest selling points.

Last edited:
I do wonder if PS4 base console owners who have replaced their internal HDDs with larger but potentially slower HDDs than retail PS4 drives are actually having a worse experience in the game than XBO base console owners with stock drive.

i think that make sense that explains why PS4 got the worst. Also maybe related to how PS4 rapes its HDD in normal use?

Dunno how it is on xbox, but on PS4 Pro stock HDD, even the side-menu could take eons to slide in and took many more seconds to make the "Save video/photo" button not greyed out. Heck, going to the home menu could take quite a while while the game is still running, the home menu "whoop" SFX played, but the screen is still showing the game running but no button can be pressed. Then some seconds later the home menu will appear. Sometimes while freezing for a few seconds. This behavior never happens on 1st party games tho as far as I remember.

anyone tested cyberpunk on base PS4 with SSD or SHDD?

EDIT found this video

seems SSD solved the streaming issues

Last edited:

Looking at Amazon US.
  • Xbox One physical disk version (3,837 ratings) - better customer reviews now than in the 2 weeks following launch.
    • 76% positive (4 and 5 star)
    • 8% neutral (3 star)
    • 16% negative (1 and 2 star)
  • PS4 physical disk version (7,669 ratings) - has also increased since the 2 weeks following launch, but still not good.
    • 62% positive (4 and 5 star)
    • 10% neutral (3 star)
    • 28% negative (1 and 2 star)
So, the console with the worst running version (base XBO) has pretty decent reviews. I do wonder if PS4 base console owners who have replaced their internal HDDs with larger but potentially slower HDDs than retail PS4 drives are actually having a worse experience in the game than XBO base console owners with stock drive.

Regardless, recent purchasers of the game are leaving better reviews for the game than when it launched. So, either CDPR's post launch patches have improved things significantly, or the vocally outraged people were mostly clustered at launch and now it's just people that are enjoying the game buying it.

CDPR should certainly not be let off the hook for the state of the base console version, but it looks like the greater majority of people who have purchased the game are loving it.

It's a shame the base console version didn't play well on base consoles. I can only imagine how much higher sales for the game would have been without the negative publicity.

Regards,
SB

The vocal minority always makes more noise than their numbers justify...fact of life.
Just look at vegans...or linux people ;)

Back