[SPOILERS] The Last of Us 2 open discussion [/SPOILERS]

I have started the game and I am around 4-5 hours ish in the story, my comments:

- Story is predictable and pointless until now. The obvious political agenda is only making it worse. A big change compared to the touching and human story of the first. Big disappointements here.
- Gameplay and graphics are outstanding.

After the death of Joel, I am only playing because of the gameplay and graphics. I am not interested into most of those characters.

Hate and vengeance as the main point of a story is not interesting (and I already predicted this when they told us the second would be about hate, everything I was afraid off came true). Using extreme violence and torture scenes like this is not appealing particularly as used as the main way to build the hate and story of the main characters.

Vengeance stories have already being done plenty of times in movies in more subtle ways giving emphasis to genuine humans interactions, which is always more interesting for the viewers.

I love this game so much. It's very hard in parts, though. I get creamed by the Scars on the island, but you have to get good and learn the enemy placements.

I kind of hate it when people call this a movie game, like that's even a bad thing. The only thing I wasn't fond of were the flashback scenes. You would be at a good bit and then it would jump back in time, or you would switch over to Abby. That got too distracting. Now I generally just skip those parts, if I can.

Despite Joel's death, I grew to like Abby. She was blinded by anger, but meeting Yara and Lev changed her. I cannot wait for a sequel to find out where they ended up. Unfortunately, that could be very far off.

I love this game so much. It's very hard in parts, though. I get creamed by the Scars on the island, but you have to get good and learn the enemy placements.
Every time I hit a difficulty barrier it was generally because I was rushing. The game really punishes aimlessly charging forward.

Every time I hit a difficulty barrier it was generally because I was rushing. The game really punishes aimlessly charging forward.

on the other hand, charging forward aiming for the next zone, usually works really well (as the enemies needs a few seconds to attack)

on the other hand, charging forward aiming for the next zone, usually works really well (as the enemies needs a few seconds to attack)

I've only payed the game the once but I think there are probably a lot of places where you can rush forward, but there are many where you'll be rushing into more trouble then you're kind of screwed because you have nowhere safe to backup too.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...QukXbBi05NSGJTMiGvenp9hsLSNjGL1mycB_uNHjH8IJ0

Naughty Dog reportedly working on The Last of Us remake for PS5 - Days Gone 2 not happening.

Bad news keeps raining in, thought 2020 and launch games was bad enough. Thought we where past the generation of remasters and remakes but here we are in for a generation with even more of that. The reactions on fb/DF page arent all that positive. Arguably the worst PS lineup/launch so far.

A point I saw somewhere else kind of makes sense, so I'll post it here.

Perhaps "The Last of Us, The Remaster Remake" is so it's more in line with "The Last of Us, The Remaster, The Movie".

So now their mode of operation is:
IP -> Game based on IP -> Movie based on hit Game IP -> New Game based on Movie IP

If true, this doesn't surprise me. It seems well within the remit of a tedious, bland bean counter like Jim Ryan.

I'm not buying this if it's just a remaster but if it's a revamped re-imagined retelling of the first game with all the tech and mechanics from Part 2, I will seriously consider this. I still prefer this story and length of the original game over Part II.

I'm with you on Jim Ryan. The man appears to be devoid any imagination at all. That said, the game side is really up to Herman Hulst, whose former studios decided robot dinosaurs was a thing they should do. So even though Days Gone 2 may have been zapped in 2019, it's not inconceivable it could see the light of day once whatever project Sony Bend are working on now is done with.

So is Naughty Dog gonna end up like Capcom? :confused:
Kinda but it's worth remember that Naughty Dog is a big studio. In addition to the ICE Team they've had two core times for quite a few year and these rumours suggest there may be an additional smaller team doing on projects like this. If that's

As I said above, I think I would enjoy a reimagined (think PS4 Ratchet & Clank) The Last of Us with TLoU2 tech and mechanics for PS5 but I'd hate for Naughty Dog to spent much more resource banging out remasters. The same is true of Bethesda Games Studios, instead of re-re-releasing Skyrim over and over, just get on with Starfield and Elder Scrolls VI.

Kinda but it's worth remember that Naughty Dog is a big studio. In addition to the ICE Team they've had two core times for quite a few year and these rumours suggest there may be an additional smaller team doing on projects like this. If that's

As I said above, I think I would enjoy a reimagined (think PS4 Ratchet & Clank) The Last of Us with TLoU2 tech and mechanics for PS5 but I'd hate for Naughty Dog to spent much more resource banging out remasters. The same is true of Bethesda Games Studios, instead of re-re-releasing Skyrim over and over, just get on with Starfield and Elder Scrolls VI.
We need fresh games too though. They are scarce. I remember the old days when we used to get a ton of new AAA IPs and sequels of franchises that needed them and gaming was much more exciting and interesting.
Now everything is becoming fast food. How to bring in the big cash as fast as possible with the least effort.
Games are moving towards remasters, remakes (this actually can be great if they are based on very old games that never got a modern treatment), free to play models, multiplayer games with microtransactions, and double digit sequels being pumped every one or two years.

We see a conscious effort to create clones of highly successful multiplayer titles, milk franchises with "complete editions" (then a MORE complete edition, and after that another MORE MORE complete edition), remasters or remakes, and lastly throw a sequel every year of a title that was already getting yearly sequels every generation.

Going back to past generation discussions (PS2 and PS3 eras), the reasons why we loved Playstation were:
The huge variety of titles
A lot of new AAA titles
Sequels of favorite franchises coming at the right pace (or at least didnt have a long history of sequels priorly).

Even Fighting games arent what they used to be. Vanilla Tekken 7 and Street Fighter 5 are half games without the DLC now. The new stages, modes, features and characters that are DLC only, are so many and are still increasing.
Businessmen trying to maximize profits turn gaming into DLC purchase models, subscriptions, remakes and remasters.
Profits may go up but the gaming experience is diluted and transformed into scarcity and addiction experiences

Back