Returnal (Housemarque) [PS5, PC]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
They were selling less and less games on the arcade genre and Housemarque could not continue on this path, it was not profitable and it would have bankrupt Housemarque at the end. This is just the first AAA games on a new engine for the team, I don't expect them to do a game looking as good as the coalition.

If the game is good, Sony will probably buy the studio and they will grow little by little. Shuhei Yoshida love the gameplay of the game and he is fan of action game maybe the game will play very well.;)
Apparently it's a big game for Housemarque. Do you think Returnal is going to be profitable for Sony?

Returnal will be a success if Sony treats (supports) it as if it were a TLoU or GOW release. A full-court marketing press as if the title mattered. Sony has this weird tendency of hyping certain exclusives, but then later, support suddenly falls off the map.

They were selling less and less games on the arcade genre and Housemarque could not continue on this path, it was not profitable and it would have bankrupt Housemarque at the end. This is just the first AAA games on a new engine for the team, I don't expect them to do a game looking as good as the coalition.

If the game is good, Sony will probably buy the studio and they will grow little by little. Shuhei Yoshida love the gameplay of the game and he is fan of action game maybe the game will play very well.;)
Using UE4 for an AAA game seems like a poor decision if you don’t have the resources to write a new renderer.

I like these developers a lot, the new game looks interesting enough from a gameplay perspective. Style looks good as well so far...nice.

I dont think its the meaning that graphics should sell this game, rather the gameplay which is a divert from the many other AAA games these days. I think its a good idea.

I dont think its the meaning that graphics should sell this game, rather the gameplay which is a divert from the many other AAA games these days. I think its a good idea.

Oh don’t get me wrong, I’m kinda looking forward to it. I love rogue-like games and I played Dead Cells to death, so it’s really not all about graphics. Still, I’m just a bit unsure from what I’m seeing.

It must be fairly close and polished as is, to only move the date by 40ish days. This is a good sign for the gamers.

At least thats how I take it.

Back