Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Finished the game 100%. All achievements & everything unlocked. Played all on Series X. Took 3 weeks. Last half I got to use my new Turtle Beach Stealth 600 headset with it. Amazing experience. Definitely want a sequel.

And yes, you can get all achievements except last 2.One will unlock immediately afterward completing story. Another one will unlock if you scanned all enemies except the last one. If you don't unlock all enemies or any of the other achievement before finishing story you can go back & visit all the previous planets to finish them. I didn't need to go back since I finished them all before finishing last planet.

Tommy McClain

I find the character's gait really weird (the way he walks, runs and do inertia based animations). Reminds me of bloodborne's unusually long limbs too.

Dang! I kinda wished I would have waited for the new update....

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/jedi-fallen-order/amp/news/next-gen-optimization-update

STAR WARS™ JEDI: FALLEN ORDER | NEXT-GEN OPTIMIZATION UPDATE

Some of you may have noticed a new title update being downloaded for Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order™. Below you will find the release notes for this update, which improves backwards compatibility performance specifically on the latest generation of consoles.

High Level Summary of Features:
  • Improved framerate on Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5
  • Improved dynamic resolution ranges, for a higher resolution experience on Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5
  • Improved post-processing resolution for Xbox Series X and PS5. (Not Xbox Series S)

Console Specifics:

Xbox Series S
  • Framerate has been increased to 60 FPS (up from 45 FPS)

Xbox Series X Performance mode
  • Framerate has been increased to 60 FPS
  • Dynamic resolution added in the range of 1080p to 1440p

Xbox Series X Normal mode (non-performance mode)
  • Postprocessing has been increased to 4K
  • Dynamic resolution in the range of 1512p to 2160p

PlayStation 5
  • Framerate has been increased to 60 FPS (up from 45 FPS)
  • Postprocessing increased to 1440p
  • Dynamic resolution has been disabled and the game is rendering at 1200p (up from 810-1080p)

Tommy McClain

The PS5 bit is a bit weird. Post processing runs at 1440p but the game is rendering at 1200p? Que?
This is weird. I wonder if they're hitting some PS4 Pro API limitations. Hopefully this will catch DF's attention and they'll take a look.

This is weird. I wonder if they're hitting some PS4 Pro API limitations. Hopefully this will catch DF's attention and they'll take a look.

Just not sure why this would run at 1200p on a PS5? And why bother rendering post process at a higher res than the output res?

How has Apex Legends & the Titanfall 1 & 2 games faired on PS4 & PS5? The answer probably lies there somewhere.

Tommy McClain

Is there any observable advantage in running post-process resolution above rendering resolution?

The PS5 bit is a bit weird. Post processing runs at 1440p but the game is rendering at 1200p? Que?

That's standard UE4 behavior, LB... Usually, the target for the pp res is native though so 4k or 1080p. The advantage is the render res may be lower, but its reconstructed up to the pp res temporally. So slow moving objects will look like they are 1440p even though they are only drawn at 1200 at each particular frame.

I also assume keeping the pp res fixed makes the life of the programmer responsable for that part of the pipeline much easier, since many games seem to have sampling areas kind of hard coded into pixel amounts, so, for example, when resolution is lowered, DoF radius increases (in screen estate) as a side-effect. If the res never changes, no problem.

Last edited:
Equally, why is the XSX having a dynamic resolution in the framerate mode, when the PS5 has a static resolution?

The lower end on XSX is lower than PS5 and the upper resolution is higher. I'm struggling to make sense of it. I guess something to do with Sony's APIs not allowing a resolution greater than what's present on the Pro?

Screenshot_20210113-113710_YouTube.jpg

Equally, why is the XSX having a dynamic resolution in the framerate mode, when the PS5 has a static resolution?

The lower end on XSX is lower than PS5 and the upper resolution is higher. I'm struggling to make sense of it. I guess something to do with Sony's APIs not allowing a resolution greater than what's present on the Pro?

View attachment 5221

I can't even tell the difference with the XSS if I'm totally honest! I'll give this one a try, I was actually playing it just before the day the patch arrived so that's nice.

guess they took the easy route with these patches, just cranking up a bit the options of the PS4 pro / XBX versions and done.
But at least it's free and still an upgrade for a one year old game.

It's Something™
Unlike we have at the moment on major AAA releases from recent years like RDR2, Death Stranding, FFVII: Remake, TLoU2 and so many others.

guess they took the easy route with these patches, just cranking up a bit the options of the PS4 pro / XBX versions and done.
But at least it's free and still an upgrade for a one year old game.

I think this is the way for the most next-gen patches as the whole situation for "upgrades" between games is very weird. What a fantastic timing i just beat the game and next-gen patch arrives ....

Back