Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

Didn’t a Digital Foundry video on the new uhhh Call of Duty Cold War game note a keyboard and mouse in the options? Has anyone tried it? Can you KBM any FPSes or RPGs (thinkin’ of Cyberpunk and Divinity 2, for starters)?

Sony gave more target date for games and third party

unknown.png

I tried Death Stranding after ds, spiderman and valhalla and still looks good ;)
I had been waiting / hoping for a Death Stranding PS5 patch, at least a 60FPS mode for the PS4 Pro's 4K30 path, but there's been nothing but silence from Kojima Productions so far, on that aspect..

I'm guessing they've purposely left the good patches for GoW so that they can release such to create hype for the upcoming new game. Maybe 2-3 months before release of Ragnarok.

generally little disappointing with number of ps5 patches, no death stranding, no lou2, gow you have to play unpatched version etc (kudos for days gone and got)
Most infuriatingly, I have GOW on disc so I installed it, turned OFF automatic updates, and the PS5 kept trying to download the patch, which I paused, but the f'king thing kept resuming it and trying to install it, forcing me to pause it (tried cancelling and deleting it too, but it only made the PS5 restart the download whenever it felt like). That worked for a couple days, until I woke up one day and it had auto updated. The worst. So now I'm waiting for some sort of new patch, which I'm not sure will ever come.

Most infuriatingly, I have GOW on disc so I installed it, turned OFF automatic updates, and the PS5 kept trying to download the patch, which I paused, but the f'king thing kept resuming it and trying to install it, forcing me to pause it (tried cancelling and deleting it too, but it only made the PS5 restart the download whenever it felt like). That worked for a couple days, until I woke up one day and it had auto updated. The worst. So now I'm waiting for some sort of new patch, which I'm not sure will ever come.
lol ;d I wouldn't count on any patch for gow to be honest

generally little disappointing with number of ps5 patches, no death stranding, no lou2, gow you have to play unpatched version etc (kudos for days gone and got)

Agreed. There's a number of 2019-2020 games that probably everyone was expecting to get a PS5 patch on the November launch, at least for higher framerate.
TLoU2, Death Stranding, FFVII Remake and pretty much all the games that came up on the PS5-exclusive Playstation Collection.
They even gave people the hopes of getting a 4K treatment for Bloodborne, which never happened as well.

But at least for PS4 Pro patched games which are almost all running at 30FPS on the high-resolution mode, there really shouldn't be any issue to lift the cap towards 60FPS.
I want to believe no developer out there has been linking the animation speed to framerate. Also because almost all of these games have PC versions with unlocked framerates at this point.

and probably gt7

Last video, GT7 was announced for mid 2021. The date of the games were only the game showed into the CES 2021 Sony show. I don't remember who talked about the announcement of Sony, maybe Imran Khan a journalist but he said FF16 is 2021 and all Sony games will release in 2021 out of maybe God of War Ragnarok which can be postponed for early 2022.

Back