Death Stranding (DC) [PS4, PS5, PC]

Can't wait to play this on PC. This is probably one of the best looking games I've ever seen.

Can't wait to play this on PC. This is probably one of the best looking games I've ever seen.

Character detail is very nice, 60fps and beyond support from the beginning i hope. Atleast ultra wide is there confirmed. Maybe some higher settings also. Bodes well for hzd as it is the same engine.

So is Death Stranding using GPGPU for procedural world building like Horizon? Haven't been able to find anything.
I don't think there have been technical articles or comments on that subject, but considering you can solve a collision issue on a vehicle stuck in rock by just reloading the game (which generate a new world map albeit almost similar) and the "live" terrain deformation from the footpaths of you and others , it's fairly certain it's centered around the same idea

Sorry but way worse glasses and a way chiller coattail. Mads’ demo hair is better, too, but maybe that’s the res/AA talking.

Sorry but I only see a different colour grading if anything. Everything looks the same except for the grading of the image.
There are some downgrades but most of it is intact. The lighting has more precision in the original I believe. There are some normal and specular maps that are reduced, but those are noticeable if someone compares the two and the camera is very very close to the characters

but the final game video capture looks washed out, it does not look that soft in front of the real game. The video is certainly more compressed than the trailer feed.

Scored this fruity game for $9 at a going-out-of-business Gamestop. I've played about 10 hours of it. I somewhat enjoy the glorified delivery-boy-on-foot traversing the earth nonsense, but the monologues, the empty cities, ridiculous product placement, pretentious un-mutable "Starbucks best hits" music, and goofy political undertones are a bit much. I'm sure there are numerous clever things forthcoming that might make the game world make some kind of sense. Whatever. I hope they work Monster drinks and Norman's TV show into it more somehow... I've regretfully never consumed a Monster beverage!!!!

I shall persevere for awhile yet since it has a nice creepy vibe to it. :)

It's interesting to see a lot of aliasing in the cities. I haven't looked super close but I guess there is no AA? Maybe some old school SMAA 1x/MLAA/FXAA? This is on a PS4 Pro. It looks pretty nice overall. I also noticed the cutscene frame rate is rather unstable.

I see they added that photo mode that everyone apparently needed.

Last edited:
I mean, some of the symbolism and parallels with contemporary politics and culture do become more explicit the further you go into his games, and then they get so in your face you could feel their eyelashes if they blinked. And normally it's #iam14yoandthisisdeep level of social comentary. It was definetly above average in the 90's and 2000's, but the rest of the AAA gaming industry has caught up with kojima and gone beyond with their themes and storytelling, and he, disapointingly, has evolved little in that deppartment.

I'm after 20 hours of playing and surprisingly still not borred and very curious what story will bring next. Graphics one of best this generation. Also good animation, very fresh/bizzare lore. And this game was only around 2 years in development, amazing.

I finished. I quite liked the gameplay of scaling obstacles to lay down ziplines etc for further deliveries. The online component was very cool. Fighting mules and BT's was annoying at best. Boss fights were boring. 8/10 before the ending. 6/10 after suffering through 2 hours of uninterruptible worthless ending cinematics. Kojima can go **** himself with that shit.

Back