Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

On my ps5 I've finished Miles Morales, Demon Souls and Valhalla. All these games looks great and run smoothly. But have some problem now with wrc9 and battlefield 5. I'm using Vincent from hdtv recommended settings for lg cx with ps5 and this games are way too dark. Not sure what's the reason.
Some games just have a very shitty HDR implementation - Destiny 2 comes to mind, it's mind boggling how they still haven't fixed that after all this time.

Some games just have a very shitty HDR implementation - Destiny 2 comes to mind, it's mind boggling how they still haven't fixed that after all this time.
I thought that was just me. I dived into D2 for the first time yesterday and could not get a consistent presentation.

On my ps5 I've finished Miles Morales, Demon Souls and Valhalla. All these games looks great and run smoothly. But have some problem now with wrc9 and battlefield 5. I'm using Vincent from hdtv recommended settings for lg cx with ps5 and this games are way too dark. Not sure what's the reason.

Panel variance? Different room lighting conditions? Are Vincent’s recs similar to, say, rtings.com’s?

I thought that was just me. I dived into D2 for the first time yesterday and could not get a consistent presentation.
It's been like that since they added HDR back on last gen. They completely messed up the black point, so dark details on some levels - perhaps because they were old, recycled levels and not made with HDR in mind - just crushed all detail in dark scenes. You can easily check by turning HDR off, which reveals all that detail in dark scenes, at the cost of brightness and 'pop'. It can actually be a problem on some levels but I still leave HDR on. It's just incredible that Bungie has not fixed it since then. Then again, there are people dying every second so this is very much 'first world problems'.

I am impressed how a MSG/frozen foods company can have such large impact on semiconductor industry.

https://gigazine.net/amp/en/20210108-ps5-tsmc-production
According to ExtremeTech, with the advent of PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X, the demand for AMD CPUs and GPUs has skyrocketed, and TSMC will use TSMC as a chip insulator from around the fall of 2020 for the Ajinomoto Build-up Film (ABF) . It seems that suffering from a shortage has become a bottleneck in supply.

ABF is a high-performance semiconductor insulation material developed by the Ajinomoto Group. In modern CPUs where circuits are built at the nanometer level, it is commonplace to have a multi-layered structure in which multiple circuits are layered, and ABF is used to insulate between the layers. According to Ajinomoto, it is used in almost 100% of the world's major PCs.

This lack of ABF has a great impact not only on AMD but also on many chip makers such as Intel, NVIDIA, Qualcomm, Apple and Samsung. Economic news media Digitimes reported in June 2020 that ‘the supply shortage of ABF could worsen in 2021,’ but ExtremeTech said the forecast seemed to be right.

Everyone's either too busy playing on their PS5's to post or still waiting to get theirs!

Sales estimates are: PS5 4.19 million in 6 weeks worldwide, Switch 2.5 million, and Xbox 2.24 million VGChartz

Looks like other threads are more busy though, but yeah. Probably.

I've finished (not plat) Demon's Souls and tried other older PS4 games, almost everything looks flat in terms of lighting, until I get used to the PS4 graphics again.

I've finished (not plat) Demon's Souls and tried other older PS4 games, almost everything looks flat in terms of lighting, until I get used to the PS4 graphics again.
Yep. In hindsight, Demon Souls being the first thing I actually played on PS5 has kinda spoiled everything I'm playing after. I probably should have eased myself into it with Bugsnax :LOL:

I tried Death Stranding after ds, spiderman and valhalla and still looks good ;)

Yep. In hindsight, Demon Souls being the first thing I actually played on PS5 has kinda spoiled everything I'm playing after. I probably should have eased myself into it with Bugsnax :LOL:

By that notion, you should have started with Marvel's Avengers...

I tried Death Stranding after ds, spiderman and valhalla and still looks good ;)

They all still look good but the way Dark Souls Remake lighting just makes all of those look less fuller, specially nightscenes I'm seeing but it's not really fair because Remake's closed design seems to give BluePoint so much room to ramp up lighting.

I really like Death Stranding's environments (rocks,terrain) as it seems to compete with the dense look of Demon's.

I love a lot of Valhalla's face 3d models.

Back