S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 [XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

Get your first in-engine look at the first-person sequel S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 and its Zone through the eyes of its main protagonist, Skif. As developer GSC Game World puts it, this teaser represents "how the game actually feels: fast-paced change of scenery, ominous landscapes and the ever-present feeling of an inevitable danger accompanied by a barely-distinguishable guitar soundtrack." S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 is due for release at some point in 2021 on Xbox Series X|S (day one on Xbox Game Pass) and PC.

It’s supposed to be In engine afaik. I don’t know that’s almost nothing in this teaser. It looks ok I guess

Somehow I never played the original STALKER, which is weird because post-apocalyptic survival-looter-crafter-shooter is right up my alley. Finders crossed for the sequel.

Somehow I never played the original STALKER, which is weird because post-apocalyptic survival-looter-crafter-shooter is right up my alley. Finders crossed for the sequel.
There's not really any crafting in the original. There's probably a mod that adds some, but it's mostly a sandbox shooter with RPG elements with a bonkers story and excellent atmosphere, oh, and terrible shooting. Some guns are much harder to shoot accurately if you aim, shooting from the hip works better. Also, Crysis will forever have some elevated reputation for low performance on highest settings, but S.T.A.L.K.E.R. was worse at the time I think. You could enable full realtime lighting and it crippled my framerate. Single digits. I remember Crysis at the time having big drops in framerate at the highest settings, making the game hard to play, but S.T.A.L.K.E.R. was just low all the time.

The game's RPG elements are unconventional also. You don't gain levels, max health or skills, there's basically no character development. You just get better gear, better artifacts, and better guns. But no game has given me the sense of uncomfortable wonder that S.T.A.L.K.E.R. has. It's the game I wish I could forget so I could experience it fresh again.

But no game has given me the sense of uncomfortable wonder that S.T.A.L.K.E.R. has. It's the game I wish I could forget so I could experience it fresh again.
It had the similar atmosphere as Fallout though. Certain locations were incredible though, sometimes I wonder if it would be benefit more from open world or just from bigger locations. Call of Pripyat went with bigger locations and was nice, but it felt that the atmosphere was slighly different in comparison to the original Stalker (everybody ignores Stalker Clear Sky though). Probably because we had less military bases?

It had the similar atmosphere as Fallout though. Certain locations were incredible though, sometimes I wonder if it would be benefit more from open world or just from bigger locations. Call of Pripyat went with bigger locations and was nice, but it felt that the atmosphere was slighly different in comparison to the original Stalker (everybody ignores Stalker Clear Sky though). Probably because we had less military bases?
I found Fallout 3's atmosphere to be bland in comparison. And I know it's sacrilege, but I never even bothered playing New Vegas or 4, much less 76. Also to be fair to Fallout 3, I didn't get very far because I wasn't having fun. S.T.A.L.K.E.R., though, I played that for a month after getting to the point of no return because I didn't want the game to end.

There's not really any crafting in the original. There's probably a mod that adds some, but it's mostly a sandbox shooter with RPG elements with a bonkers story and excellent atmosphere, oh, and terrible shooting.
Ah, that sounds way less appealing! I think the mystery is solved, I likely skipped it.

I found Fallout 3's atmosphere to be bland in comparison. And I know it's sacrilege, but I never even bothered playing New Vegas or 4, much less 76. Also to be fair to Fallout 3, I didn't get very far because I wasn't having fun. S.T.A.L.K.E.R., though, I played that for a month after getting to the point of no return because I didn't want the game to end.
I think Stalker provided more realistic atmosphere or something. It was less magicky with supermutants, raiders etc. Just regular folks under the gray sky fighting the mutated dogs.

Ah, that sounds way less appealing! I think the mystery is solved, I likely skipped it.
Stalker was the game that I could not skip because we were waiting for it for a long time.

Last edited:
I think Stalker provided more realistic atmosphere or something. It was less magicky with supermutants, raiders etc. Just regular folks under the gray sky fighting the mutated dogs.
That could be it. I remember the first time I met one of those psychic blast humans in the sewers I almost pooped myself. Everything else was either a rival faction, or a mutated animal. Well, I guess there is the invisible humanoids, too. Also scary, I hated going underground until I figured out how to handle them.

STALKER SoC's audio is superb, and its engine is pretty fancy and can do dark settings quite well. It might be more sophisticated than Cryengine 2.

FO3's problem is it's a bit comical/spoofy and has a lot of Bethesda RPG jank with an Oblivion feel. Sound is pretty good there too though. It's an ok game.

Last edited:
That could be it. I remember the first time I met one of those psychic blast humans in the sewers I almost pooped myself. Everything else was either a rival faction, or a mutated animal. Well, I guess there is the invisible humanoids, too. Also scary, I hated going underground until I figured out how to handle them.
Yeah, it gave the feeling of abandonment, while world of Fallout is lively

Back