Demon's Souls Remake [PS5]

Can't seem to see the 2 IMGs you posted.
OK I understand now, for some reason they are not visible from my phone also (it saiz XX {IMG} ), though from the PC you actually see the pictures. No idea with whom this problem lies, either with my website or with the beyond3d forum
Strange
One is the 3rd to last image in the link below (I updated the page)

I am finally playing with Dark souls remastered on PS4. My first impressions after a few hours is that Demon's souls (PS3 version) is surprisingly the better game. Dark souls game design is a bit more modern but the game is more generic and the world is less interesting.

Also it problably doesn't help that I already played Bloodborne.

From what I’ve seen, the environments in DS make every other game I’ve played look positively low poly and blocky. Even Miles.
I havent played this or miles, but yes it doesnt have ground breaking lighting, its not even special, from videos its down to 2 things
more polygons than any other game, and particle systems are also top notch. yes they are aided a lot by being a game that follows a fixed path with limited environments, but credit where credit is due, this is currently the peak of what one can see at the moment.
though this level of detail will be surpassed by a raft of games within 6 months I expect, with larger landscapes and with better lighting

I havent played this or miles, but yes it doesnt have ground breaking lighting, its not even special, from videos its down to 2 things
more polygons than any other game, and particle systems are also top notch. yes they are aided a lot by being a game that follows a fixed path with limited environments, but credit where credit is due, this is currently the peak of what one can see at the moment.
though this level of detail will be surpassed by a raft of games within 6 months I expect, with larger landscapes and with better lighting

Isn't the lighting supposed to be special? "Full Real Time Global Illumination" or something? I'm rewatching old DF Metro Exodus analysis and says that only PC does Real Time Global Illumination (whatever that is) not even Xbox One X. One X also doesn't have tesselation.

I'm guessing non "AAA" game have them on consoles, the likes of Tomorrow's Children but not big typical games like Uncharted, Dark Souls, Halo.

Isn't the lighting supposed to be special? "Full Real Time Global Illumination" or something? I'm rewatching old DF Metro Exodus analysis and says that only PC does Real Time Global Illumination (whatever that is) not even Xbox One X. One X also doesn't have tesselation.

I'm guessing non "AAA" game have them on consoles, the likes of Tomorrow's Children but not big typical games like Uncharted, Dark Souls, Halo.

demonssouls_202012311y0k5t.jpg

I wonder if they'll later reveal they're using the rt hardware for GI even though they implied in the interview they weren't using rt.
They said in an interview (don't remember which one) that they basically didn't use RT because they didn't have time to learn the new tech.

They said in an interview (don't remember which one) that they basically didn't use RT because they didn't have time to learn the new tech.
And that they used several techniques on top of each other, which theoretically could all be replaced by one method (RT), actually making things easier, but as they said they probably had it all sorted by the time they thought they could have just used RT (and learned how to use it efficiently).

I just realized what that Nick comparison was talking about in terms of lighting. Game doesn't get to cast a type of shadow of other objects. Noticed it on chairs on the corners in the boss room of 2-1.

I'd still rather have this lighting system that what we had last gen but I guess that's one thing they could improve on.

Back