CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

I really don't understand people how insist this is "next gen", that it's the next step.
Yes, the lightning is good, and that's it. Any game can look as good using all the tricks of RT, but everything else is a disappointment, technically and gameplay wise.

What about this "engaging" gameplay?

I really hope this game will not set a precedent for the industry, lowering the bar because "after all, many people like that broken game".

I really don't understand people how insist this is "next gen", that it's the next step.
Yes, the lightning is good, and that's it. Any game can look as good using all the tricks of RT, but everything else is a disappointment, technically and gameplay wise.

I really hope this game will not set a precedent for the industry, lowering the bar because "after all, many people like that broken game".

You define a metric for that and then come back...

You are entitled to your opinion, but please show us some of your "next gen" creations first to prove that you know what it takes to build even a small proof of a concept game.
Some people here know how much work, dedication, talent and sleepless nights it takes to do anything substantial.
I mean, critique should be laid by people who either know what they are talking about, tried working in specific industry and gained knowledge necessary to judge others work or have ideas worth implementing and measure other creations by their own solutions/ideas.

Please don't take it as a personal attack, it is not. I'm just a bit fed up with new generation complaining about Everything as if complaining is the best thing a human can do. No it isn't, trying to create something and failing is a much better thing to do, because we then learn.

Game has issues, but they do not break my enjoyment of playing it. Is it game for everyone? No! Could it be even better? Yes! But can we realistically expect this game to be all that everyone ever wanted a game to be? Certainly not! Polishing any of the game aspects will take time and money! There are better systems in other games for driving cars, destruction, animation, water simulation and so on, but none of other games are doing everything to the same level do they.

Hope you will find a game you are less angry with to enjoy in 2021, or even better, create one so we can enjoy it too :)

You are entitled to your opinion, but please show us some of your "next gen" creations first to prove that you know what it takes to build even a small proof of a concept game.
Some people here know how much work, dedication, talent and sleepless nights it takes to do anything substantial.
I mean, critique should be laid by people who either know what they are talking about, tried working in specific industry and gained knowledge necessary to judge others work or have ideas worth implementing and measure other creations by their own solutions/ideas.

Please don't take it as a personal attack, it is not. I'm just a bit fed up with new generation complaining about Everything as if complaining is the best thing a human can do. No it isn't, trying to create something and failing is a much better thing to do, because we then learn.

Game has issues, but they do not break my enjoyment of playing it. Is it game for everyone? No! Could it be even better? Yes! But can we realistically expect this game to be all that everyone ever wanted a game to be? Certainly not! Polishing any of the game aspects will take time and money! There are better systems in other games for driving cars, destruction, animation, water simulation and so on, but none of other games are doing everything to the same level do they.

Hope you will find a game you are less angry with to enjoy in 2021, or even better, create one so we can enjoy it too :)
To be honest that part in the video does show one of the "tricks" used by a few games today to hide shortcuts in gameplay. I ve seen this in a few triple AAA games where the player is acting/pretending on the concept of engagement instead of actually being engaged. The player discovers this when he lets go of what the game directs him to do and sees zero consequences.
Like for example in FF7 Remake there is a part where the floor is being destroyed and the character has to run to not fall. Well, if the player stops controlling the character, then the floor stops collapsing until the player decides to move forward. If he decides to stop the floor again stops collapsing. And when the player moves to the end of the path you get a cut scene where he jumps and barely makes it as if he was really in danger. There is a disconnection between gameplay and what happens in the story. It is a problem with a games that try to force a cinematic experience.
Of course this scene alone shouldnt be an example of the game's quality unless it is very common and the game in general has gameplay that suffers.

I respect your ability to have your own opinion, just don't expect everyone else to hold the same opinion.

IMO, this game has some of the best gameplay in a game in the past 20 years. So far, nothing else this generation or the previous generation comes close ... for me. Obviously other people will feel differently. Even the Witcher 3 isn't nearly as good as this game to me. Yes, the story is likely worse. Yes, your dialog choices likely don't have as much impact, but that's not gameplay, that's just storytelling.

The gameplay here allows me to do so much more than I could do in just about any game in the past 10 years. I can do most things how I want to do them instead of feeling like I HAVE to do it a certain way. That's one of the biggest disappointments I had with Deus Ex: Human Revolution for example. Whereas the first game allows you to play the game in so many different ways, DE: HR tried to make you do things a certain way even though they gave you the freedom to do things a few other ways.

This game is all about player freedom. Be what you want to be, do things how you want to do them.

It's obviously not perfect, no game is and no game ever will be. There's certainly a lot of things this game could do better, just like every single other game on the market or ever made. However, it ticks so many things that I want in a game, that I'm blown away every time I play it.

You are free to like other games more than this one. I fully expect most people won't put this in their top 10 games of all time. And that's fine. I don't give a rats ass who puts this game in their top 10. :) For me this may end up being one of the top 5 games of all time. :)

Regards,
SB

Just bought a new pair of decent quality headphones (compared to my old pair at least) to enjoy this more, and also paid for Dolby Atmos for Headphones, which is currently 20% off for the next couple of days.

Thanks for the heads up on the sale. I went ahead and grabbed it as well just for Cyberpunk 2077. :)

Regards,
SB

Said it before, worth it. The graphics are the most impressive in a game but so is the audio. With headphones the effect is more pronnounced (atmos). Think its worth it anyway since you can use atmos for other uses aswell. Even non-gaming.

Is it free?

As far as I'm aware.

Said it before, worth it. The graphics are the most impressive in a game but so is the audio. With headphones the effect is more pronnounced (atmos). Think its worth it anyway since you can use atmos for other uses aswell. Even non-gaming.

I've only played the street kid intro so far. But the audio in that club... Holy sh*t!

Thats on reasonable headphones with ATMOS.

OH MY GOD!!!!

Cyberpunk 2077 is really great! I think this is the only sandbox game where it allows

• exploiting the map freely. No invisible wall, no stupid "out of mission area", no bullshit. The world is yours to take advantage of.
  • continuing a quest WITHOUT a proper quest step. So for example you are supposed to investigate "B's hideout" by asking around on X Y and Z. But if you directly go to B's hideout, the game works fine! the quest ends just fine!
Sure all of this could be due to their "laziness" with the sparse quest flags, where quests only have "end" flags that matter, no proper "quest zone" defined, etc. But its really awesome to play a game like this. In most games you must in the mission area (and god forbid, you try to exploit the terrain/level design, you'll be greeted with invisible wall/death barrier/turn back zone), you must do the quest steps as indicated.

CDPR should not rush the console release. People really missed a great game!

EDIT: Cyberpunk 2077 is like rising the freedom of engagement of Metal Gear Solid V to the next level!

EDIT2: oh! i also looooooove the smart pistol!. Sure its not as snazzy as Titanfall's, as it only can target 1 enemy, but its auto-aim is really fun!

We got a taste of 3d audio from that barbershop demo, its a next gen enhancer. Sadly most wont ever care about audio. But atleast were there for those who do.

the infamous youtube barbershop binaural audio or there's a barbershop hidden in cyberpunk?

btw since playing cyberpunk every day, all other games felt so dead lol (audio-wise, and crowd/npc-wise). Only Battlefield that still sounds alive.
to make things worse, now i easily notice VR games with bad audio design that only do positional audio but forgot to do proper room/area effect.

CDPR!!!! you.... you.... really are ridiculously talented hahaha

Back