A Generational Leap in Graphics [2020] *Spawn*

Again being sub 30 fps doesn't matter, what matter is the leap and like I said in theory it push only 3.19 more pixel but the settings gap is bigger making the deficit in pixel. And same PS4 framerate is more in the 40 to 50 fps. And again you compare two different workload in multiplater and the gif is as dumb as you, Imagine scientific people trying to reproduce an experiment but doing it in different conditions.

Yes getting to 10fps and even halting, at lower then low settings, a lower resolution and reduced player/map size, with a 30fps cap is something else.
Going from that mess to a 60fps cap with less serious dips at Ultra settings, 64 players instead of 24, yeah, i'd call that a large leap actually. Its even more impressive considering 64 player matches take a much heavier CPU toll then 24 does.

The important place is the campaign. This is exactly the same reason dictator choose one PS5 cutscene to compare AC Valhalla to a PC build and the reason the video of Digittalfoundy use the campaign as a comparison on the video comparing PS3 and PS4.

Im not talking about Valhalla, thats a SP game. When they compare BFV, they would/will compare MP performance. Aside from that, its the MP that plays to the strengths of the systems. Besides battlefield being a you know, MP centric game.

the gif is as dumb as you

You really need to calm down man. If mods dont take action il start bad mouthing too.

Destiny 2 run at 30 fps a much lower resolution(the gap is higher than BF4) and lower settings too, high on PS5 like PS4 Pro not ultra but high. The gap settings advantage is on the leap between PS4 and PS3 but there is a pixel and settings advantage too for PS5.

To an extend, settings can have a heavier impact on performance then resolution does. Thing is, BF4 PS4 is actually increasing the settings from low to ultra, doubling the framerate AND increasing the resolution. Seems like a bigger gap to me.

did any of you even play the game lol?

Yes, i still do actually (PC now). The battlefield series is my favourite MP game. I also like to compare between platforms (usually playstations and pcs). He choose the wrong title for this one. I can assure you, the PS3 version was crap, the system couldnt really handle it, aside from it not being what i call a real battlefield game. 24 player matches isnt battlefield. Ask any battlefielder :)

Yes getting to 10fps and even halting, at lower then low settings, a lower resolution and reduced player/map size, with a 30fps cap is something else.
Going from that mess to a 60fps cap with less serious dips at Ultra settings, 64 players instead of 24, yeah, i'd call that a large leap actually. Its even more impressive considering 64 player matches take a much heavier CPU toll then 24 does.

Im not talking about Valhalla, thats a SP game. When they compare BFV, they would/will compare MP performance. Aside from that, its the MP that plays to the strengths of the systems. Besides battlefield being a you know, MP centric game.

You really need to calm down man. If mods dont take action il start bad mouthing too.

To an extend, settings can have a heavier impact on performance then resolution does. Thing is, BF4 PS4 is actually increasing the settings from low to ultra, doubling the framerate AND increasing the resolution. Seems like a bigger gap to me.

Yes, i still do actually (PC now). The battlefield series is my favourite MP game. I also like to compare between platforms (usually playstations and pcs). He choose the wrong title for this one. I can assure you, the PS3 version was crap, the system couldnt really handle it, aside from it not being what i call a real battlefield game. 24 player matches isnt battlefield. Ask any battlefielder :)

edit: I learn something new everyday

Last edited:

Again I don't care about MP performance when you compare two games you do it on the same workload like digitalfoundry do it on BF4 on PS3 and PS4. This is how a benchmark is done. You won't compare two GPUs using different CPUs, you use the same one, this is exactly the same principle.

Being a battlefielder is not the subject and you would have a 0 on 20 points notation in french with the professor saying out of subject.

But you can bad mouthing you are on ignore list of the majority of the forum because you are a troll. This is better than being dumb and don't understand some basic principles you learn at 11 or 12 years old maybe before.

Last edited:
@chris1515, I think you may be the only person that doesn't have him on ignore. I can only see your messages and I know exactly who you're replying to. ;)

I don't think it's worth the effort.

Again I don't care about MP performance when you compare two games you do it on the same workload like digitalfoundry do it on BF4 on PS3 and PS4. This is how a benchmark is done. You won't compare two GPUs using different CPUs, you use the same one, this is exaclty this.

Even in SP performance, your looking at 30fps vs 60, low vs Ultra and a resolution increase while on it. The MP stresses CPUs like nothing else, the more players, the more the CPU has to work.

But you can bad mouthinh you are on ignore list of the majority of the forum because you are a troll. This is better than being dumb and don't understand some principle you learn at 11 or 12 years old maybe before.

Yeah, group up with your fellow playstation fans. You have shown your ability to bad mouth, insert GIFs and the inability to make yourself clear in a proper way. Being on the forums for so long, there should have been some improvements. Atleast, your attitude explains the ban at resetera. Here your getting away with it, but you wont elsewhere.

Claiming anyone can be bad mouthed without action isnt that high leveled either.

Even in SP performance, your looking at 30fps vs 60, low vs Ultra and a resolution increase while on it. The MP stresses CPUs like nothing else, the more players, the more the CPU has to work.

Yeah, group up with your fellow playstation fans. You have shown your ability to bad mouth, insert GIFs and the inability to make yourself clear in a proper way. Being on the forums for so long, there should have been some improvements. Atleast, your attitude explains the ban at resetera. Here your getting away with it, but you wont elsewhere.

Claiming anyone can be bad mouthed without action isnt that high leveled either.

Again on same on destiny 2 with a bigger leap in resolution but a smaller leap in settings because PS5 version is improved PS4 Pro version. For me and reasonable people, this is comparable because BF4 on PS4 is not a fully ultra settings and PS5 is high settings and the gap in resolution is huge on Destiny 2 PS5, it runs between 5 to 8 time more pixel much bigger than the one between PS3 and PS4.

Again on same on destiny 2 with a bigger leap in resolution but a smaller leap in settings because PS5 version is improved PS4 Pro version. For me and reasonable this is comparable because BF4 on PS4 is not a fully ultra settings and PS5 is high settings.

PS3 version actually is unplayable in MP, and that with lowest settings possible. At 30fps, with not even half the players and a reduced frame rate. To me, that seems like a bigger gap. The PS4 version is actually quite playable (look it up), that with maxed settings, higher res, and a doubled framerate. I have not played destiny 2, but i doubt its missing as many features as PS3 BF4 does, neither that it is basically unplayable.

Where PS4 dipped was metro 64 matches when teams clash in TDM. But even my pc could show signs back in the day in the same event (OC 920).

PS3 version actually is unplayable in MP, and that with lowest settings possible. At 30fps, with not even half the players and a reduced frame rate. To me, that seems like a bigger gap. The PS4 version is actually quite playable (look it up), that with maxed settings, higher res, and a doubled framerate. I have not played destiny 2, but i doubt its missing as many features as PS3 BF4 does, neither that it is basically unplayable.

Where PS4 dipped was metro 64 matches when teams clash in TDM. But even my pc could show signs back in the day in the same event (OC 920).

This is not the subjet, compare what is comparable the campaign. And being sub 30 fps is not the problem. the difference between a 20 fps game and a 40 fps game is the same than a game at 30 and 60 fps.

This is a benchmark and how it is done.

This is not the subjet, compare what is comparable the campaign.

Even if someone would want to exclude MP totally, your still left with low vs Ultra in settings, half the framerate and a reduced resolution. Nevermind the MP since thats basically unplayable due to the hardware.

the problem is as the numbers get bigger, the mutiplier goes down, but does not mean the jump is lower, because when you get a jump of ten times in GPU from PS3 to PS4, by TF numbers, it's still a lower jump than from PS4 to PS5. so if a jump of 1,5 TF was big at the time from PS3 to 4, i can't see how a jump of more than 8TF could be less.
At least if devs are not targetting and waste ressources on native 4K, we should expect a great leap in overall fidelity in games.
And even then; R&C targets native 4K and still has a big bump in fidelity in its graphics

maxresdefault.jpg

that shot almost look like the difference between realtime cutscenes to CGI ones on the PS4 version.

here is a shot of the movie model

filmratchet_960x540.jpg

Last edited:
@chris1515, I think you may be the only person that doesn't have him on ignore. I can only see your messages and I know exactly who you're replying to. ;)

I don't think it's worth the effort.

I have done the best thing put him on ignore. This is some lost time. He will talk to himself.

the problem is as the numbers get bigger, the mutiplier goes down, but does not mean the jump is lower, because when you get a jump of ten times in GPU from PS3 to PS4, by TF numbers, it's still a lower jump than from PS4 to PS5. so if a jump of 1,5 TF was big at the time from PS3 to 4, i can't see how a jump of more than 8TF could be less.
At least if devs are not targetting and waste ressources on native 4K, we should expect a great leap in overall fidelity in games.
And even then; R&C targets native 4K and still has a big bump in fidelity in the grapics

maxresdefault.jpg

that shot almost look like the difference between realtime cutscenes to CGI ones on the PS4 version.

filmratchet_960x540.jpg

720p t0 1080p is only a 2.25 increase of resolution. Go to native 4k is a 4 times increase in resolution. I think native 4k wil not be a long term solution, 1440p or a bit more is more resonnable.

Dont know avarage resolution in ps5 Valhalla but is quite sharp and going above is waste of resources (also MM rt 60fps mode which is 1440p is still sharp), so some studios know how to interpolate resolution, cyberpunk ps5 is like playing vr game on old low resolution helmet but its around 1200p

Dont know avarage resolution in ps5 Valhalla but is quite sharp and going above is waste of resources (also MM rt 60fps mode which is 1440p is still sharp), so some studios know how to interpolate resolution, cyberpunk ps5 is like playing vr game on old low resolution helmet but its around 1200p

i think CP77 is clean overall, did you remove the grain filter in the menus ?

And even then; R&C targets native 4K and still has a big bump in fidelity in its graphics

maxresdefault.jpg

filmratchet_960x540.jpg

My observation with the new one is that it has way more npcs on screen running around. So the assets look better and there are more of it.

I really hope they'd compromise at 1920x2160 max for native res "real 2". I'd love to see better everything else than extra sharpness. Leave that to midgen or even PC.

When do you think real next gen titles hit? Next gen titles only for next gen consoles and PC, so titles using all the new technology at once? A game using all DX12 Ultimate features, DirectStorage SSD streaming, much improved physics, interactions and AI?

When do you think real next gen titles hit? Next gen titles only for next gen consoles and PC, so titles using all the new technology at once? A game using all DX12 Ultimate features, DirectStorage SSD streaming, much improved physics, interactions and AI?

Battlefield 6 if we are lucky end of 2021 but reading the first news during a shareholder/investor conference call 2022 is a more realistic release windows. I hope early 2022 but fall 2022 is probably more realistic.

But 2022/2023 is when the consoles, allTuring, Ampere, RDNA 2 PC GPUs will begin to shine.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/battlefield-6-release-date-ps5-xbox-series-x-next-gen/

EA also notes that it's been getting "very positive" feedback from internal testing, which has made it confident in the product. Meanwhile, it promises the installment will have "never-before-seen scale" and technical achievements only possible thanks to next-gen tech.

"DICE is creating our next Battlefield game with never-before-seen scale," said EA of the game. "The technical advancements of the new consoles are allowing the team to deliver on a true next-gen vision for the franchise. We have hands-on play testing underway internally, and the team’s been getting very positive feedback on the game as we’ve begun to engage our community."

https://www.techradar.com/news/batt...t-and-ps5-but-only-when-theyre-popular-enough

Electronic Arts has confirmed that Battlefield 6 is on the way, and that it's coming to Xbox Project Scarlett (now called Xbox Series X) and PlayStation 5 – but it'll be a few years before we see the shooter on the next-generation consoles, as the publisher wants to give the platforms time to build a strong player base.

The announcement was made during an investor call this week (via Polygon), during which EA revealed that the next Battlefield game is coming in 2021 or early 2022.

EA CEO Andrew Wilson explained during the call that the publisher wants to give next-gen platforms (aka the PS5 and Xbox Project Scarlett) time to build a strong player base and see a “strong two years of growth” before releasing Battlefield 6

Last edited:
Personally I do not think it is a good idea to expect any of these things universally. AI? This is game Design more than computational complexity - Fear and halo 1 are ancient yet most fps still uses call of duty AI types that have very low dynamism and little to no systemic behaviours. That is unless you just mean the shere amount of npcs on screen or in memory. Regarding the rest of all the features, no game need to use them all at once - as project Design makes that a complete waste. Not every game Design needs constant streaming, mesh shaders, or etc. To me what makes a next gen game is doing just one aspect important to the game's existence that is not feasible in a real time manner or at playable quality on a previous Generation of technology.

Last edited:

Doubt it works that way. Going by that logic, hardware leaps would have been increasing since the very first console, which isnt the case.
I have never seen it being said that way. Hell, MS and Sony could have used that logic instead of 'twice the OneX in power' (6 to 12TF).

Someone with more knowledge could jump in on this one.

This is some lost time. He will talk to himself.

Thing is, it was a discussion between you and me, you think the leap is as big or bigger, i dont. Its clearly something you and your playstation fans dont like. But thanks, one less, was hard to read for the most anyway.

I absolutely think the jump is still big (enough to warrant a new generation), what i do not think it is a bigger jump then last time. It perhaps doesnt have to be either, but its a common thing known by basically everyone, leaps in graphics hardware is getting smaller, not only on consoles but also pc.

Back