CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

***¡FAVOUR REQUEST ALERT!***

Could someone here possibly do me a big favour and amend the thread title or start a new thread (anything to keep me from coming into this thread) when the next gen patch is announced/released?

I'm going to play this on the PS5, and since you only get your first experience of something the once, I'm going to hold out until the proper next gen patch is released.

So yeah, if someone could make update news visible in a spoiler free capacity somehow, I'd be very grateful.

Originally the game was planned to have proper cutscene where camera and characters (including V) are carefully choreographed. But in the final game, only the last cutscene got this treatment.

I think that is a big plus actually. For FPS titles I believe this makes it much more immersive, at least for 2077

Half life 2 also didn't have any cutscenes as they didn't have the talent to do it but the developers were praised for it and now many FPS games do it

anyone know when will the 2nd V apartment will be used? I've reached one ending and did not visit that apartment at all

Half life 2 also didn't have any cutscenes as they didn't have the talent to do it but the developers were praised for it and now many FPS games do it

None of the Half-Life games have ever had any (third person) cutscenes. It's a conscious choice to keep you in character.

(The character work in HL2 was unparalleled for the time, so it's strange to suggest Valve lacked the talent)

The game is driving me insane... :mad:
With RTX off, I get a nice 70% CPU usage and 95% give or take GPU usage.
With RTX on, I get the same GPU usage, but my CPU usage plummets down to the 40s and even less...
WTF.
I tried Control and WD Legion (because I'm loosing my mind and wanted to see if this behavior was consistent in other titles), and my CPU usage is relative regardless the RT settings...
What's worse, is that the game behaves differently every time I boot it up.
Two or three out of ten times, my CPU usage will be completely fine, and my framerate double.
My options are to either play with a 30 fps cap, play unlocked and count my blessing when it works, or play with RT off.
I think I give up... I'll wait for a patch or something...
:cry:

I am playing on hard but I killed Marcus the boss I think within seconds... was playing stealth before this but thought I’ll kill him to see if anything happens. It was pretty intense though, will upload the clip later!

The game is driving me insane... :mad:
With RTX off, I get a nice 70% CPU usage and 95% give or take GPU usage.
With RTX on, I get the same GPU usage, but my CPU usage plummets down to the 40s and even less...
WTF.
I tried Control and WD Legion (because I'm loosing my mind and wanted to see if this behavior was consistent in other titles), and my CPU usage is relative regardless the RT settings...
What's worse, is that the game behaves differently every time I boot it up.
Two or three out of ten times, my CPU usage will be completely fine, and my framerate double.
My options are to either play with a 30 fps cap, play unlocked and count my blessing when it works, or play with RT off.
I think I give up... I'll wait for a patch or something...
:cry:
Don't get caught up in the numbers like that. It's all depends on how "GPU Usage" is calculated, and while formula X might give you consistent results in 99% of titles, it's that other 1% that are using your hardware differently. The inconsistent framerates between sessions is an issue. And I've noticed that longer sessions have degrading performance as well. But I've noticed in other games that use RT or DLSS that the GPU load numbers don't always correspond with performance like you would think. Also, RTX on in CP is going to drive down your framerate, and if you are GPU limited at a lower framerate, your CPU usage should be lower, because it's doing less work per second.

i mean, there's no mission to go there? So the assets were just lying there unused?

Cyberpunk getting more and more like Destiny 1 and 2....
I don't follow.
You don't get a mission marker, Judy calls you and tells you she has a gun for you. You show up and get a gun.

Reactions: HLJ
Don't get caught up in the numbers like that. It's all depends on how "GPU Usage" is calculated, and while formula X might give you consistent results in 99% of titles, it's that other 1% that are using your hardware differently. The inconsistent framerates between sessions is an issue. And I've noticed that longer sessions have degrading performance as well. But I've noticed in other games that use RT or DLSS that the GPU load numbers don't always correspond with performance like you would think. Also, RTX on in CP is going to drive down your framerate, and if you are GPU limited at a lower framerate, your CPU usage should be lower, because it's doing less work per second.
I agree...
The problem here is, that no matter what the RT settings are, the minute I enable any of them, my CPU usage goes down the drain.
I'm not expecting miracles. But a frame rate within the freesync spec of my monitor, feels doable with my hardware.
When I get good CPU utilization, changing settings (like crowd density) has a small but noticeable impact.
When I don't, no matter what I change (besides RT) the framerate stays the same.
Performance degradation is one other thing that really drives me nuts.
But I am at a point where, my performance (with RT) is at the levels I'd get after playing for two hours, only now it happens as soon as I start the game.
When I installed the game, I could go 1080p, DLSS on quality and RT on high and with the rest of the settings from low to high depending on their impact on visual quality and framerate and get consistently above 60 in the kabuki market.
Now, no matter what the resolution is, the framerate will stay around 35 (regardless of time of day, weather conditions and location) unless the game decides to use my CPU.
I am not on AMD (where the game has problems with), I have an i9 9900k and an RTX 2080.
I removed my overclock, defaulted my BIOS, re-enabled my overclock, re-instaled windows in a different disk (to check if bloatware is the problem) but cannot get the game to run the way it did when I started playing.
What I did not do is start the game from scratch, and now that I think of it, check to see if I have a significantly older save (unlikely) to see if it performs any differently.
If I wasn't working from home, I would have given up a long time ago.

anyone got bugged endings?

spoiler

Picking becomes arasaka engram, or go back to earth to die in 6 months, both have exact same credit video calls.

Back