Star Citizen, Roberts Space Industries - Chris Roberts' life support and retirement fund [2012-]

The opposite case with Cyberpunk 2077 worked very well too. With every postponement, people got pissed off and with the too early release it was the same. CD Projekts reputation has suffered a lot.

The game will not come out before the 10th anniversary of the OP, let met tell ya.
SQ42 chapter 1 (of 3) released October of 2022 . Its what i've been thinking for the last 2 years honestly

Thinkin about it this way if Chapter 1 releases the end of 2022 if they take another year for each chapter you get 2024 for the last chapter. Then I can see SQ42 the complete saga releasing on mid cycle console upgrades in 2025

Idris destryoing Incoming torpedo.

At 4:24 there is an even better Idris eplosion

SQ42 chapter 1 (of 3) released October of 2022 . Its what i've been thinking for the last 2 years honestly

Thinkin about it this way if Chapter 1 releases the end of 2022 if they take another year for each chapter you get 2024 for the last chapter. Then I can see SQ42 the complete saga releasing on mid cycle console upgrades in 2025

Squadron 42 won't have chapters it will be released as a whole game. After Squadron 42 they could make another single player game where the development time would be much shorter.

Last edited:
Idris destryoing Incoming torpedo.

At 4:24 there is an even better Idris eplosion

Squadron 42 won't have chapters it will be released as a whole game. After Squadron 42 they could make another single player game where the development time would be much shorter.

you sure ? did they change it again , I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be episodic , when i pledged a perk was additional chapters

They've been saying that it's not going to be an episodic game since 2014 or so. The story is planned as a trilogy where Squadron 42 will be the first part with it's 28 chapters. Most chapters will have several main and side missions. That Vertical Slice from tree years ago or so was mostly a side mission.

The second game was supposed to be called "Behind Enemy Lines". Original and veteran backers will reportedly get for free but since Squadron 42 became much more extensive and elaborate than the three games combined were originally supposed to be I have a little doubt about that.

Last edited:
Tried it a little bit since it's free for now, It's still pretty rough imo. I explored Area 18 a bit, very high settings, seems I'm cpu limited in some situations, but I really don't see why since not a lot is displayed, I'm not impressed at all by the "looks / performance" ratio. And you can't tweak a lot of graphical settings with the gui for now (or I missed it ?).

The controls feels ok, but I don't like how the keybinding is presented to you, with a visual representation of the keyboard instead of a list of functions like in 99% of games.

So yeah i gave up after 1 hour. But it's nice to be able to "test" it for free.

https://www.firesprite.com/news/202...artnership-for-star-citizen-multiplayer-mode/

"LONDON, March 18th , 2021 – Today Cloud Imperium Games (CIG) and Firesprite publicly announced collaboration on the forthcoming Star Citizen multiplayer mode, “Theaters of War” (working title). This announcement comes as the ground-breaking multiplayer combined arms mode approaches its latest closed test within Star Citizen’s handpicked Evocati community."

tow_pr_youtube-min.jpg

I was watching this tonight and couldn't help but think of how much better Star Citizen would have been if they stuck with Crytek and Cry engine instead of going to Amazon's fork of it with lumberyard and then star engine .

Right now CIG is scrambling to move from DX11 to Vulkan to get decent performance. But it seems like Crytek fixed the majority of this in the Remastered. There might still have been stuff CIG needed to custom mod but I think it would have been a much smoother process if they were doing it in conjunction with what Crytek is doing.

I upgrade my machine from a 1700x 32gigs of ram vega 56 to a 3700x , 32gigs of ram and a 3080. The game still struggles to run .

But it seems like Crytek fixed the majority of this in the Remastered.
They may have fixed some of their previous issues I guess but it's still DX11 and still suffers from issues with CPU multithreading. What CIG is doing with their branch and moving to Vulkan seems like a much better course of action than putting lipstick on a pig.

Back