CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

How's the 1.06 patch? I heard it fixed the 8MB corrupt file save limit but nothing about performance yet.

---
Hotfix 1.06 is available on PC and consoles! Here is the full list of changes:

Quests
  • Dum Dum will no longer go missing from Totentanz entrance during Second Conflict.
Console-specific
  • Improved memory management and stability, resulting in fewer crashes.
PC-specific
  • Removed the 8 MB save file size limit. Note: this won’t fix save files corrupted before the update.
----

Some redditor investigated and it was a legacy ode from old witcher game that also have save corruption issue with large save file.

Someone then commented that no no no, it's actually a legacy code for ps2 because ps2 memory card is 8MB

Then someone else commented even crazier stuff

1*MIcK6DRrlt3mE4J8NPmvLw.jpeg

---

Quests
  • Dum Dum will no longer go missing from Totentanz entrance during Second Conflict.
Console-specific
PC-specific
  • Removed the 8 MB save file size limit. Note: this won’t fix save files corrupted before the update.
----

I really like their wording "removed the 8 MB save file size limit".

So it was a deliberate design decision. I wonder why... As a Workaround for some bugs?

Akin to the 'breaching" prompt after the intro logo videos, before main menu.

It was to fix a bug where with breaching prompt disabled, the game will stuck in blank screen if you alt tab to another app when it was still showing intro logos, and alt tabbed back right after the initial loading ends.

---

Quests
Console-specific
PC-specific
----

Hotfix 1.06 breaks the AMD SMT hex edit fix, you need to use previous hex codes again.

The ACG review with 1.05 is pretty good imo. He doesn't recommend the game since it's way to buggy, but he explains why pretty well, as usual for him.

Again, why are you hex editing with your CPU?
Because I LIKE hex editing, that's why! :p

My fault, my bad; one mod over the line. I forgot the first rule of modding, make a back up of the original just in case.

Re-installed, updating still, then making a back up of the directory, THEN I get to hex edit again! :D

Back