CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

To me the uniqueness of cyberpunk is making the city feels like a really big city. Dunno how they did it.

Cities in games like mafia series and GTA always felt like a fake city. Despite in mafia 2, the NPCs are waaaaaaaaaay smarter than cyberpunk. The NPCs on GTA (especially gta iv) also have more interactivity and physics fluidity than cyberpunk.

I still can't point out what magic CDPR used. It does make the city feels more real, more tangible... More tactile... More like we, the players, are in a city.

There's a lot of little things going on. The constantly changing lighting. The steam coming out of the vents (this one is huge in helping to make it feel real). The sounds of the city, pedestrians, shops that you walk by, etc. A lot of little things that all add up to the atmosphere.

So many games are missing so many little things. They focus too much on the big things that make people go "ooooh" and in doing that they totally miss out on all the things that make a city feel alive. So they end up feeling sterile and fake.

Night City in Cyberpunk 2077 isn't perfect by any means. But it's by far the best city I've ever had the pleasure of walking around in a game. Nothing else even comes close, IMO.

I'm hoping that they can do more amazing things with DLC. Hopefully that'll allow them to do things that they couldn't do in time for launch.

Also, I wouldn't put it past CDPR to release a definitive edition in the future (like 3-4 years from now) that adds in all the things they wished they could have put in for launch but weren't able to.

Regards,
SB

This is what happened to me as well! That was a great quest. Some proper Deus Ex consiracy stuff going on!
I really enjoyed this quest line. It starts out a minor side quest, and during it you meet a cop who has his only line of quests. This kind of organic story telling is what CDPR are really good at.

The city does come alive at night, although I think the ingame capture adds some noise. By the way, check your monitors color setup from time to time, I found out that the color profile was not applying and that the NVIDIA panel was increasing the brightness for some reason. Now I get a clear picture with less grey blacks and minimal backlight.

PhotoCP.jpg

If last gen console versions were released as limited pre alpha test for those who pre ordered, they could avoid the backlash... And people also won't feel duped, and they will be able to enjoy the game after a real release in 2021/2022.

On pc its really awesome despite many of its well-known minuses.

If last gen console versions were released as limited pre alpha test for those who pre ordered, they could avoid the backlash... And people also won't feel duped, and they will be able to enjoy the game after a real release in 2021/2022.

On pc its really awesome despite many of its well-known minuses.
It would have to be download only though and it's hard to justify full price for it compared to other versions.

This is almost an artists’ impression of how pc gamers view the console version :D
PS2 maybe. The draw distance is too good for PlayStation. Just look at G-Police, which included distance/framerate options. However, vehicles in G-Police didn't just appear out of nowhere or disappear!

BOOM!

PS2 maybe. The draw distance is too good for PlayStation. Just look at G-Police, which included distance/framerate options. However, vehicles in G-Police didn't just appear out of nowhere or disappear!

BOOM!

That phenomenon where cars in the distance spawn in and out actually happens on the PC too. But in my case, only in the badlands area where u can see a good distance ahead of you.

On a long level straightaway , I noticed about 40 cars in a traffic jam at an intersection. Only to have those cars disappear as I traveled along a now empty road.

On a long level straightaway , I noticed about 40 cars in a traffic jam at an intersection. Only to have those cars disappear as I traveled along a now empty road.

It feels like the game's engine priorities drawing cars far away without any thought of you getting close to those cars. There is a distinct middle-distance where traffic just vanishes into the Bermuda Triangle.

Back