CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

I'm not sure it's helping CP2077 / CDPR right now... And Last of Us 2, most people didn't knew or care about what was "divisive" about the title. And it was still a very polished game (from a tech pov). For CP2077, it's all over, even in non-tech medias.

They get stomped all over for different reasons. Last of us 2 got so much shit it made it everywhere. The studio didnt go down (?) and i doubt CDPR will shutdown either.

They get stomped all over for different reasons. Last of us 2 got so much shit it made it everywhere. The studio didnt go down (?) and i doubt CDPR will shutdown either.

Honestly I don't remember TLOU2 getting much sh*t outside of the gaming community (Not at the scale of CP2077). It was even labeled "brave" because of... because you know why...

CDPR won't go down of course, but their reputation is taking a big hit imo. Not from the fans that know them since W1, but from the new gamers they were supposed to attract with cp2077, aaaannnnd they deliver this... On the net I don't see many people still defending the state of the game, while I remember that TLOU2 was very well received by most, and had very vocal supporters ?

From the start I was planning on starting CP2077 (pc) around february because of needed patchs (always the case in big open world games), maybe I'll start even later :eek: The 8mb save problem on PC is so ridiculous right now...

Honestly I don't remember TLOU2 getting much sh*t outside of the gaming community (Not at the scale of CP2077). It was even labeled "brave" because of... because you know why...

CDPR won't go down of course, but their reputation is taking a big hit imo. Not from the fans that know them since W1, but from the new gamers they were supposed to attract with cp2077, aaaannnnd they deliver this... On the net I don't see many people still defending the state of the game, while I remember that TLOU2 was very well received by most, and had very vocal supporters ?

From the start I was planning on starting CP2077 (pc) around february because of needed patchs (always the case in big open world games), maybe I'll start even later :eek: The 8mb save problem on PC is so ridiculous right now...

Yes it feels they rushed it, aside from trying something what wont work on 2013 jaguar equipped hardware.

2077 and last of us 2 are probably going to get awarded as the two titles who got the most shit at launch which actually helped marketing them.
Huh the last of us 2? I know some virgin boys were upset by that game but IIRC it was very polished at launch and ran solid and nothing like cyberpunk. I think you're getting it confused with no mans sky, now that got a lot of shit at launch (A lot unwarranted) but I think everyone now agrees thats a better title today than anyones wildest expectations years ago. Which I suppose gives hope for cyberpunk to turn things around.

Huh the last of us 2? I know some virgin boys were upset by that game but IIRC it was very polished at launch and ran solid and nothing like cyberpunk. I think you're getting it confused with no mans sky, now that got a lot of shit at launch (A lot unwarranted) but I think everyone now agrees thats a better title today than anyones wildest expectations years ago. Which I suppose gives hope for cyberpunk to turn things around.
TLOU2's hate was mostly political, No Man's Sky's hate was about glitches, and advertised features being absent at launch, and miscommunication from the dev team. I remember their being posts about multiplayer not working, and the devs (well, maybe the communications team) commenting something like "The universe is so big you probably just aren't seeing people because you aren't in the same area" and users pointing out examples with exact coordinates.

I know some features have been peared back from CP2077, but that's always expected when a game is in development for so long. Honestly, I got basically what I expected out of the game. Looking at other forums I see people complaining about features missing, and one guy was complaining that you couldn't shoot through walls like they said you could. Well, maybe it's a bug on his system, because I can. Not with every weapon, but with some. And it makes the game really easy. There are a bunch of missions you can walk around a location, tag all the enemies while they are in a more friendly state, and then walk outside and headshot them all from range with a high powered rifle.

It's really hard to turn around a hate train, though. I have some friends who play Fallout 76, and they have since launch. And they fully admit the shortcomings of the game, but they play together so it's fun for them. And they've said that the extra content that's been added since launch has really added to the game, and made it more like what they expected at launch. That it's basically a complete game now. But talk to any gamer who hasn't played it, and I bet they tell you that game is trash and it insulted their sister. And they probably will never play it. It would be sad if CP2077 goes down that route, and becomes the game people wanted, but it's too late for it to have any impact.

.. It would be sad if CP2077 goes down that route, and becomes the game people wanted, but it's too late for it to have any impact.

A very good and big DLC when the game is in a very good technical state can help I guess. So the medias will talk about the game again, noting it's in a very good state compared to launch.

CDPR won't go down of course, but their reputation is taking a big hit imo.

I've been more certain of this than I am now..

CDPR is a one trick (every 5 years) pony. The game is getting pulled from online stores and even retail ones, and there's now real talk of a class action suit coming from their own investors.

for example about the three life paths you mentioned. Originally all of them have 3 different "anchor NPC" probably all 3 gonna be big-budget AAA actor/actrees.

Yeah. I wrangled on my first life path choice for a while and it was meaningless.

Reconciliation park has to be the most impressive location in a video game. Mesmerizing architecture with the trees at ground level and massive multilayered skyscrapers hanging above you. I wandered around in awe looking at stuff at different times of day.

Yeah, the park is really easy to miss as well. I only came across it in a side mission where you meet somebody who is sitting on an area overlooking it. Immediately, I was wondering how did I miss this!?!?!

Yeah, the park is really easy to miss as well. I only came across it in a side mission where you meet somebody who is sitting on an area overlooking it. Immediately, I was wondering how did I miss this!?!?!

This is what happened to me as well! That was a great quest. Some proper Deus Ex consiracy stuff going on!

Last edited:
Yeah, the graphics in this game are insane even on my potato. No other city in a game even looks remotely as good.

To me the uniqueness of cyberpunk is making the city feels like a really big city. Dunno how they did it.

Cities in games like mafia series and GTA always felt like a fake city. Despite in mafia 2, the NPCs are waaaaaaaaaay smarter than cyberpunk. The NPCs on GTA (especially gta iv) also have more interactivity and physics fluidity than cyberpunk.

I still can't point out what magic CDPR used. It does make the city feels more real, more tangible... More tactile... More like we, the players, are in a city.

To me the uniqueness of cyberpunk is making the city feels like a really big city. Dunno how they did it.

Cities in games like mafia series and GTA always felt like a fake city. Despite in mafia 2, the NPCs are waaaaaaaaaay smarter than cyberpunk. The NPCs on GTA (especially gta iv) also have more interactivity and physics fluidity than cyberpunk.

I still can't point out what magic CDPR used. It does make the city feels more real. More like we, the players, are in a city.

Well, its a big city and large outskirts environments. I think the audio does alot too, with distant sound placement. Atmos elevates that even more. Audio does more then you think. Try play it without.

Well, its a big city and large outskirts environments. I think the audio does alot too, with distant sound placement. Atmos elevates that even more. Audio does more then you think. Try play it without.

I think you nailed it.

The audio do have ridiculous amounts of texture in cyberpunk. It also properly gets "distorted" depending how far are you from the audio source, other audio source, room / area condition, etc.

Their audio team really should got an award

Edit:

The low frequency audio range / variations it use also ridiculous!

On the first mission it rattles my window. I tighten it.

Then on another mission it rattles my bookshelf!

There's also other mission rattles my door! I don't even know my door can rattle!

Edit;
It hadn't rattled my heart tho. Unlike witcher 3 with its cursed baby becomet demon main quest...

I think you nailed it.

The audio do have ridiculous amounts of texture in cyberpunk. It also properly gets "distorted" depending how far are you from the audio source, other audio source, room / area condition, etc.

Their audio team really should got an award

Yes, the graphics get hyped to death and everyone talks about it being the best ever etc. Then the audio kinda gets forgotten i think. Go into nightcity and close your eyes, its just like a real busy city. They even thought of the usual motorbike sounding loud in the distance. Its also how the sounds are placed, sounding differently depending on how far away, and if they should be muffled or not. Atmos just elevates that, in special the bass. We talked about this 3d audio a year ago but it goes to show what this can do in games.

Back